Photo
- - - - -

So Godfrey permanently moving back to FS?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16 The Golden Child

The Golden Child

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:39 PM

Charles is a beter FS than SS. This is a good move.

#17 Saxist Fed

Saxist Fed

halt the tomfoolery

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
  • Locationthe.black.lodge

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:04 PM

Godfrey at FS with Campbell/Mitchell at SS is good for now and that's what it seems like is lining up.

Thomas-Munnerlyn-Moore-Norman-Florence-Dockery right now at CB...

the secondary is not terrible I guess

#18 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,304 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:18 PM

Charles is a beter FS than SS. This is a good move.

I think he is a better SS than FS....only think he does well IMO is blitz and occassionally land a flesh bomb near the line of scrimmage.

In career he has been horrible at coverage assignments at FS...again THE Sherrod Martin looked better overall at FS and he sucked.

But I can handle it for a year....

#19 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:23 PM

I'd like to see us try out Campbell at CB because hes good at tackling in open space, and he can cover tight, very physical. His draft position out of college was FS if im not mistaken. He seems to be a smart player so i'm sure he can transition even quicker. If not, im actually happy with the depth we are adding at these positions.

#20 MaineManPanther

MaineManPanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:40 PM

I was surprised when I looked it up, but per PFF Godfrey actually ended up grading out positive ( ever so slightly) in coverage for the year. In fact five of his last six games, he graded out positive. Who knows if that will transfer over, but its something I suppose.

And there was a overall grade improvement when he switched to FS which follows Rivera 's assessment . Though some of that would have to do with the fact he wasn't involved in as many running plays, which he is pretty awful at.

#21 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,304 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:44 PM

I was surprised when I looked it up, but per PFF Godfrey actually ended up grading out positive ( ever so slightly) in coverage for the year. In fact five of his last six games, he graded out positive. Who knows if that will transfer over, but its something I suppose.

And there was a overall grade improvement when he switched to FS which follows Rivera 's assessment . Though some of that would have to do with the fact he wasn't involved in as many running plays, which he is pretty awful at.

My PFF ran out...he was graded as standard ole Godfrey when mine ran out midseason

Where did he finish in missed tackles? He was leading all secondary guys midseason

#22 MaineManPanther

MaineManPanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:55 PM

My PFF ran out...he was graded as standard ole Godfrey when mine ran out midseason

Where did he finish in missed tackles? He was leading all secondary guys midseason

You might have been looking at his overall grade, which is easily in the negatives. Thats due to a pretty bad grade in run defense and pass rush. Also, he didn't really " pick it up" till after midseason.

He finished with 13 missed tackles. Which would put him as seventh worst.

#23 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,362 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:54 PM

He will play FS for a year....then face a paycut/cut scenario pending he doesn't turn into Ed Reed.

He moved to SS bc he sucks at FS....

he moved to SS because we thought Sherrod was our future at FS

#24 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,484 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:50 PM

McD has to be happy with what we are doing right now.

#25 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,299 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:55 PM

It's going to be nice when we cut Godfreys ass right before his cap hit increases....

And then bring in a real safety via draft or FA...one can hope

#26 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• HUDDLER
  • 3,174 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:03 AM

I think he is a better SS than FS....only think he does well IMO is blitz and occassionally land a flesh bomb near the line of scrimmage.

In career he has been horrible at coverage assignments at FS...again THE Sherrod Martin looked better overall at FS and he sucked.

But I can handle it for a year....

BUUHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA!!!!

He did for when he came in after Godfrey was injured for 3 games. Then for probably 3 games after that. Since that point "THE Sherrod Martin was horrible". Godfrey worst games were never...and I repeat never as bad as Sherrod Martin's worst games.

#27 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:13 AM

The sooner we replace half the defense the better. It's a shame because I feel like we are trying to dig ourselves out of debt for the next 3 years instead of buying nice players.

#28 SmashNDash

SmashNDash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:31 AM

Still think we should sign Michael Huff to compete for a spot, guy plays safety but lined up at corner for the majority of last season, so obviously has some coverage abilities. The flexibility would be nice too.

#29 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,304 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:33 AM

BUUHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA!!!!

He did for when he came in after Godfrey was injured for 3 games. Then for probably 3 games after that. Since that point "THE Sherrod Martin was horrible". Godfrey worst games were never...and I repeat never as bad as Sherrod Martin's worst games.

Issue is people think Godfrey is better than Martin....

They both suck, Godfrey career wise here...is no better

#30 thennek

thennek

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:11 AM

Does anybody know if Martin is gone or not? Have not heard any news so assuming he is out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.