6 replies to this topic

#1 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,716 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:46 PM

But hey...at least their budget got more votes than any of Obama's budgets COMBINED.

http://thehill.com/b...t#ixzz2O80gH3tT

The House on Wednesday rejected the Senate Democratic budget in a 154-261 vote, with 35 Democrats voting against the blueprint from their upper chamber colleagues.
The Senate Democratic budget was one of three budgets cast aside in a series of votes Wednesday after a debate in which Republicans excoriated President Obama for failing to offer his own budget plan in time for the votes.
House Democrats were instructed to vote for the Senate Democratic budget, but 35 of them defected.
Blue Dog Rep. Kurt Schrader (D-Ore.) said he voted against the Senate budget because it did not go far enough on entitlements.
"It is not enough entitlement reform in there going forward. It needs to be a more complete and balanced picture and it wasn't bipartisan in the end of the day," Schrader told The Hill.

What was more hilarious was the CBC and the Progressive caucuses bills.

The House also rejected the budget from the Congressional Black Caucus (CBC) in a 105-305 vote. That vote split Democrats 105-80, nearly the same as last year when they split 107-75.

Rep. Emmanuel Cleaver (D-Mo.), the former head of the CBC, said that he had expected a vote similar to last year.
He said that the budget is a marker for debt-ceiling talks this summer.
“It says that we are committed to reducing our debt and deficit without damage to the poor and working class people in the country. Our budget was designed more than any other budget to reduce pain for the poor.”
The Progressive Caucus budget was also rejected 84-327, but it managed to pick up a few more votes compared to last year. Most Democrats voted against this bill, just as they did last year when it was rejected 78-346.

The CBC and Progressive budgets call for trillions more in taxes and spending compared to the Senate plan.

That being said...the other R-led budget (not Ryan's) was a pipe dream.

#2 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 21,727 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:51 PM

Hint: Ryans is too. But at least you can stop your whining about how the Dems haven't presented a budget, and perhaps you can now see why we've been telling you all along how stupid an argument it was.

If I have to choose a budget that tries to protect the poorest among us while saving a bick, versus a budget that screws everyone over but the Pentagon and the rich while saving a buck...well

#3 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 17,716 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:00 PM

Hint: Ryans is too. But at least you can stop your whining about how the Dems haven't presented a budget, and perhaps you can now see why we've been telling you all along how stupid an argument it was.

If I have to choose a budget that tries to protect the poorest among us while saving a bick, versus a budget that screws everyone over but the Pentagon and the rich while saving a buck...well

Democrats finally presented a budget because they weren't going to get paid. That's pretty much it.

Obama's budget is still a blank sheet of paper. Hasn't been filed. I applaud the dems for at least putting pen to paper and hopefully it goes to committee.

#4 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 21,727 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:56 PM

I'm sure that are all giggle inside at the prospect of you applauding them.

#5 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 11,886 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:25 PM

I'll take anything over his jokes.

#6 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:50 PM

Can you stop being a partisan bitch for 5 minutes and see how stupid they make you look with cheering ?

#7 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 17,716 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:00 PM

Partisan? The only bipartisan effort was to defeat the Senate's bill....and I even pointed out the nuttiness of the Republican caucus bill.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.