Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I Was Wrong, REALLY Wrong

63 posts in this topic

Posted

Wait until the offseason is over before you praise or condemn a GM. Freaking out about the first 3 days of free agency is like walking out of a movie because you didn't like what the main character wore in the second scene.

Posted

Can we please wait to crown Gettleman the new Savior until after we see the results of the signings. We can sign tons of free agents, if they don't = W's. what good are they?

Posted

he's just getting started. wait until he's actually got cap space to work with.

Posted

We still have a tough road to tow, but Gett is taking the bull by the horns and doing his best to put us in a position to overcome sorely obvious obstacles in a relatively successful manner with little money.

Posted

Wait until the offseason is over before you praise or condemn a GM. Freaking out about the first 3 days of free agency is like walking out of a movie because you didn't like what the main character wore in the second scene.

I said " I know we still have many needs but damn is he off to a good start" Good Start

Posted

I like the moves of Ginn & Mitchell.... But are you serious? It isn't as big of a deal as you would think.

And I'm an OSU fan, it's funny bc Gamble is my favorite buckeye of all time and Ted Ginn might be my second favorite ever.

Posted

Two nickels and a safety? OLine still has needs. If we sign Ginn, know that your dreams of Tavon Auston are gone, and we will draft the best lineman available.

Posted

Gettleman is definitely targeting the trenches and weapons for Cam.

Posted

I said " I know we still have many needs but damn is he off to a good start" Good Start

He's added some decent depth in some places and maybe a starting kick returner, his job this offseason is basically going to hinge on what he does in the draft.

But I am happy to see a guy who's willing to add some cheap veterans instead of Hurney's constant youth movement. Get a couple guys and let them compete.

Posted

Same pattern as when we hired Fox. 90% of the Huddle hated him after each losing year and its always the same people that do the most praising that do the most hating when it doesn't go well.

Posted

I'll give my opinion on Gettleman after the season not before.

I don't see how this season goes will reflect on Gettleman sans how our draft picks perform. Not like there is much he can do to really change up the talent THAT much on this team.

Neverless, I like what he's doing. He clearly is aware of our major weakness on the team (secondary) and while these guys aren't going to light it up, they are great for depth and Captain in particular played awesome as our nickel last season. I think it is clear he is aware a team needs depth to be successful and he's doing it at our weakest point.

I'm not going to judge him, of course. That is a wait and see approach. We won't really truly know until the 2nd/3rd offseason unless this years draft picks totally bomb. But these moves have been great considering what he's working with.

1 person likes this

Posted

YAY