#16 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,732 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:22 PM

We still have a tough road to tow, but Gett is taking the bull by the horns and doing his best to put us in a position to overcome sorely obvious obstacles in a relatively successful manner with little money.

#17 Jakob

Jakob

never conquered rarely came

• Stop Making Threads...
  • 4,232 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:23 PM

Wait until the offseason is over before you praise or condemn a GM. Freaking out about the first 3 days of free agency is like walking out of a movie because you didn't like what the main character wore in the second scene.

I said " I know we still have many needs but damn is he off to a good start" Good Start

#18 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 7,193 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:24 PM

I like the moves of Ginn & Mitchell.... But are you serious? It isn't as big of a deal as you would think.

And I'm an OSU fan, it's funny bc Gamble is my favorite buckeye of all time and Ted Ginn might be my second favorite ever.

#19 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:26 PM

Two nickels and a safety? OLine still has needs. If we sign Ginn, know that your dreams of Tavon Auston are gone, and we will draft the best lineman available.

#20 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,756 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:27 PM

Gettleman is definitely targeting the trenches and weapons for Cam.

#21 Stroupe-a-loop

Stroupe-a-loop

SeƱor Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,671 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:28 PM

I said " I know we still have many needs but damn is he off to a good start" Good Start

He's added some decent depth in some places and maybe a starting kick returner, his job this offseason is basically going to hinge on what he does in the draft.

But I am happy to see a guy who's willing to add some cheap veterans instead of Hurney's constant youth movement. Get a couple guys and let them compete.

#22 Doyle

Doyle

Headed to the county line

• HUDDLER
  • 6,232 posts
  • LocationRichardson's toilet

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:29 PM

Same pattern as when we hired Fox. 90% of the Huddle hated him after each losing year and its always the same people that do the most praising that do the most hating when it doesn't go well.

#23 Mage

Mage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:45 PM

I'll give my opinion on Gettleman after the season not before.

I don't see how this season goes will reflect on Gettleman sans how our draft picks perform. Not like there is much he can do to really change up the talent THAT much on this team.

Neverless, I like what he's doing. He clearly is aware of our major weakness on the team (secondary) and while these guys aren't going to light it up, they are great for depth and Captain in particular played awesome as our nickel last season. I think it is clear he is aware a team needs depth to be successful and he's doing it at our weakest point.

I'm not going to judge him, of course. That is a wait and see approach. We won't really truly know until the 2nd/3rd offseason unless this years draft picks totally bomb. But these moves have been great considering what he's working with.

#24 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:49 PM

YAY

#25 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,227 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:54 PM

Yeah It's impossible to judge now but I'm certainly not ranting and raving about our secondary like some of now are.

Mitchell has been awful throughout his career and at CB we have a plethora of nickels but no sure fire starter. Frankly I think we should have invested the resources in a legitimate talent to help solidify it and rolled with what we have rather than trying to collect a whole bunch of players at each position and hoping one works out.

#26 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,292 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:55 PM

Gettleman is definitely targeting the trenches and weapons for Cam.

Is that sarcasm?

#27 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,756 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:59 PM

Is that sarcasm?

How so?

I have a gut-feeling Getts will go DT, OT/G and WR in the first three rounds.

#28 vorbis

vorbis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:03 PM

plenty of young secondary players already on the roster. inexpensive veterans are exactly the kind of additions to make in a tight cap situation.

#29 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:05 PM

yeah you were being such a fuging idiot. I had to punch your avatar on my computer. You owe me a new computer btw. K?

#30 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:09 PM

Gettlemans philosophy is not really that far outside the box. Its simple. You don't have to overpay to get good football players

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com