Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Still prochoice for late-term abortions?

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#16 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,142 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:27 PM

So the outrage here in the Tbox is with G5?

How can you not be outraged at the barbarian who called himself a doctor? Typical.

#17 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,929 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:38 PM

So the outrage here in the Tbox is with G5?

How can you not be outraged at the barbarian who called himself a doctor? Typical.

Uhhhh, because its well understood that he is a terrible excuse for a human being. I dont feel the need to point out that I dont support every murderer out there. The guy was essentially a hit man

#18 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,929 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:40 PM

My stances have changed a good bit on abortion. I am def pro life and think it should be kept to a minimum, but it should be legal for early term abortions. I don't think the gov't should subsidize it in any way however.

Why, exactly? I dont think the government has any place in legislating morality, and paying for an abortion saves a ton of money over supporting this kid whose parents may not be in a position to support him.

#19 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,561 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:50 PM

Why, exactly? I dont think the government has any place in legislating morality, and paying for an abortion saves a ton of money over supporting this kid whose parents may not be in a position to support him.

A- because of what I bolded... they shouldn't legislate (early term) abortion either way. Don't outlaw it and don't fund it.

B- it should be a personal choice and since it is, that person should have to deal with the entirety of making that choice. Get pregnant and don't want to have the baby, you make the decision to get an abortion, you pay for it, and you deal with the consequences.

Whether you like it or not, the gov't does legislate morality. It is immoral to kill someone, so it's illegal. It's immoral to steal, so it's illegal. To some, aborting a 2 day old fetus is murder. To some others, aborting a fetus that's 8.9 months is perfectly fine... the gov't has the job to decided where that line is. If not the gov't then who?

#20 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 5,559 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:56 PM

I think most pro-choice advocates would agree that they are not Pro-Abortion, just Pro-Choice so that there is an option in certain instances..not birth Control or whatever extreme spin on can make against it.

And logically there is an understanding of developmental stages where it is too far...this clearly being it.

#21 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,056 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:00 PM

I do. But basic human rights are still protected by the constitution. Life...liberty..that sort of thing?

Unless you want that grey too....which you already have.

Dont you have to be born in the USA to be a US citizen and have rights? Aborted babies aren't born. just sayin

#22 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,929 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:11 PM

A- because of what I bolded... they shouldn't legislate (early term) abortion either way. Don't outlaw it and don't fund it.

B- it should be a personal choice and since it is, that person should have to deal with the entirety of making that choice. Get pregnant and don't want to have the baby, you make the decision to get an abortion, you pay for it, and you deal with the consequences.

Whether you like it or not, the gov't does legislate morality. It is immoral to kill someone, so it's illegal. It's immoral to steal, so it's illegal. To some, aborting a 2 day old fetus is murder. To some others, aborting a fetus that's 8.9 months is perfectly fine... the gov't has the job to decided where that line is. If not the gov't then who?

I dont think the government really legislates morality. There are laws of course, but they generally exist to protect other people from you and you from them.

Back to abortion though- I agree that ideally the issue of abortion shouldnt come up, you should use contraception if you have sex and dont want a kid. But realistically, abortions aren't cheap and if a woman cant afford to pay for an abortion, the cheaper alternative is going through with the pregnancy and giving the baby up for adoption.

I hate to make this issue about money, but if you want the government to spend money pragmatically, affording poor women free abortions will probably save money long term

#23 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,561 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:15 PM

I hate to make this issue about money, but if you want the government to spend money pragmatically, affording poor women free abortions will probably save money long term

That is a valid point, however I disagree on moral grounds... the same could be said of poor kids... and granted that's taking the idea to the extreme, but to me a life is a life.

You're definitely right, in the long run economically it would definitely end up cheaper... fewer schools, etc. but that's a horrible way to save money.

#24 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,352 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:16 PM

There is no probably. It will save money long term.

#25 The_Light_Brigade

The_Light_Brigade

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • LocationCaddyshack

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:02 PM

I used to be Pro-choice and I guess I still am, not for late-term of course. Once I found out I was having a baby and hearing the heart beat and seeing a little speck on a screen I knew that I could never allow that to happen. My feelings are mixed on the subject. I couldn't do it. I'm big on consequences, if you know what could happen and you choose to do it anyway then you should have to live with it. The whole subject is clown shoes. In any case a number of variables can be accounted for.

#26 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,182 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:09 PM

I used to be Pro-choice and I guess I still am, not for late-term of course. Once I found out I was having a baby and hearing the heart beat and seeing a little speck on a screen I knew that I could never allow that to happen. My feelings are mixed on the subject. I couldn't do it. I'm big on consequences, if you know what could happen and you choose to do it anyway then you should have to live with it. The whole subject is clown shoes. In any case a number of variables can be accounted for.

I too am prolife but will not legislate my prolife beliefs on others

#27 The_Light_Brigade

The_Light_Brigade

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • LocationCaddyshack

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:14 PM

I too am prolife but will not legislate my prolife beliefs on others

Are you saying that I did, or just you will not?

#28 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,182 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:19 PM

Are you saying that I did, or just you will not?

Sorry for the accidental -1

I was just stating that I feel the same way...nothing really directed at you

#29 The_Light_Brigade

The_Light_Brigade

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • LocationCaddyshack

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:26 PM

Sorry for the accidental -1

I was just stating that I feel the same way...nothing really directed at you

It's cool.

It's just hard to gauge tone when you're reading. I didn't think you were saying I did. For the record the subject has never even crossed a conversation with my wife and I. I'm just saying I knew what my answer would be. Then again like I also said there is always that pesky hypothetical situation.

#30 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,303 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:32 PM

What a disgusting piece of poo Dr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.