• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Munch4455

Munch4455

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:05 AM

Any of you guys hunt? Turkey season is coming up and I was wondering if any you knew any public places around here that are good for Turkeys?

Thanks

#2 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,508 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:26 AM

I don't hunt, but is it really Turkey season? Excuse me, I Dno. But where I live, not where I go to school there's a Comscope company near by. And I mean there's a pack of wild turkeys running around the company's forest every morning. Prob too far from you and prob wouldn't let you hunt there anyway lol. Just wanna share something with you.

I love fishing though. Bass season

#3 Munch4455

Munch4455

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:38 AM

I don't hunt, but is it really Turkey season? Excuse me, I Dno. But where I live, not where I go to school there's a Comscope company near by. And I mean there's a pack of wild turkeys running around the company's forest every morning. Prob too far from you and prob wouldn't let you hunt there anyway lol. Just wanna share something with you.

I love fishing though. Bass season

NC Spring Turkey Season starts in the middle of April and runs through the middle of May. SC Turkey season started on March 15th.

#4 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,508 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:40 AM

NC Spring Turkey Season starts in the middle of April and runs through the middle of May. SC Turkey season started on March 15th.

Whatd you guys use? Bow and arrow?

#5 Munch4455

Munch4455

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:42 AM

Whatd you guys use? Bow and arrow?

For a Turkey? No thanks, I'll use my 12 gauge. I can't shoot a bow to save my life. My cousins up in Ohio are crazy though, they bow hunt everything. They took a trip up to Canada to hunt Black Bears, and they only took their bows. Also the only 3 in the group that got bears.

#6 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • 11,173 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:13 AM

Never hunt before but I would love too. Turkey season you say? Hhhmmm.

#7 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,316 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:16 AM

Never hunted turkeys. Their population has increased here in NC though.

#8 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,455 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:52 AM

Crazy Turkey population down East. (Pender/Duplin/etc).

I was Raccoon hunting before I could walk. Never had the drive to deer hunt. If I do either, I would fish before hunt

#9 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,428 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:57 AM

Hunting for most is not about the kill, but the "thrill of the chase"

Being in the woods, away from everything for days at a time is fantastic, whether you see any game or not. Hunting camps are cool too. Everyone eats great, tells lies and looks forward to the next day.

#10 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,508 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:10 AM

Im a fishing guy. Im an enotional guy. I can't put a bullet to an animal, but I wouldn't have a problem putting one through a person :).

The forest is too scary also. I know I'm Asian and and maybe my beliefs might be a little more dramatic, but have any of tall experience strange things during hunting? I heard too many things.

#11 Cuttinedge

Cuttinedge

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:33 AM

Ain't nothing better than calling a big boss gobbler in. Sitting on the ground calling, him gobbling you can feel the ground shake under you. I've hunted almost everything that runs, jumps or flies, and damn sure don't make any apologies for it.

#12 Munch4455

Munch4455

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:40 AM

Crazy Turkey population down East. (Pender/Duplin/etc).

I was Raccoon hunting before I could walk. Never had the drive to deer hunt. If I do either, I would fish before hunt

Not hard for me to hunt deer, venison is one of my favorite meats. The back strap on a deer is one of the best things you will ever eat. I've never been good at fishing, went a bunch as a kid and never seemed to catch anything.

#13 Cuttinedge

Cuttinedge

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:41 AM

Any of you guys hunt? Turkey season is coming up and I was wondering if any you knew any public places around here that are good for Turkeys?

Thanks

I guess you mean around Charlotte?? I mainly hunt in SC.
You might want to check out Uwharrie National forest. Huge public tract between charlotte and raleigh.
All the public land in SC is about gone. NC not much better. but I did have some co-workers who used to hunt Uwharrie and they talked like it was a good place to hunt.

There used to be a game land tract up at Gardner Webb and it had some turkeys on it. But not sure if it's still public.
Check out NCDNR website see what they got on game lands.

#14 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,033 posts
  • Location704

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:28 PM

Thanks

McAlpine trail is a good spot

#15 Munch4455

Munch4455

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:30 PM

I guess you mean around Charlotte?? I mainly hunt in SC.
You might want to check out Uwharrie National forest. Huge public tract between charlotte and raleigh.
All the public land in SC is about gone. NC not much better. but I did have some co-workers who used to hunt Uwharrie and they talked like it was a good place to hunt.

There used to be a game land tract up at Gardner Webb and it had some turkeys on it. But not sure if it's still public.
Check out NCDNR website see what they got on game lands.

Yeh, I know all about Uwharrie from when I used to go wheelin in my '72 K5 Blazer. Thats where I was thinking of going to hunt, but how is it set up? Don't need blinds or stands for turkey hunting, but do they have them set up where anyone can use them?(For deer hunting mostly). I am still asking around with some friends to see if they know anyone with land out in the boonies that would let me go out and hunt in. And yes, relatively close to Charlotte, I am in the Ballentyne area.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.