932 replies to this topic

#556 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,652 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:45 PM

And I repeat: There isn't a fanbase in the world that doesn't complain about refs. It happens in every sport. Duke fans, UNC fans, Panthers fans, Bobcats fans, whatever else you're a fan of fans. Don't try to pin one fanbase for complaining when we all do it.

Like I said show me.

#557 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:46 PM

Because that's not the reason.

No. Because it was a stupid, blanket statement and an even dumber question.

#558 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:49 PM

Oh wow, the 3 duke fans on this board dont complain about the refs when they post. Arent you just sooooo special

I would argue that just means you arent passionate enough about your team. Or not drunk enough

Just because you may or may not do it on a fuging NFL message board, doesn't mean you don't do it at your house or at a bar enjoying the company of your friends.

It's like telling racist jokes.

#559 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,652 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:49 PM

No. Because it was a stupid, blanket statement and an even dumber question.

I agree he made a stupid statement and wanted him to explain how that statement made sense.

#560 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,652 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:50 PM

Just because you may or may not do it on a fuging NFL message board, doesn't mean you don't do it at your house or at a bar enjoying the company of your friends.

It's like telling racist jokes.

I have already said this.

#561 Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,823 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:54 PM

Like I said show me.

Don't be stupid, you know all too well that every fanbase complains about refs. It's a part of sports. Nobody is above it, including you elitist D00kies.

#562 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,652 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:57 PM

Don't be stupid, you know all too well that every fanbase complains about refs. It's a part of sports. Nobody is above it, including you elitist D00kies.

Not being elitist I just said we don't get on HERE and make irrational statements about the refs like you heels fans. If this is untrue then show me, I showed you all the irrational unc fans bitching and moaning.

#563 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,999 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:00 PM

Like I said show me.

It's hard to show you with only 3 Duke fans on this board.. And really no other Duke forum or blog there isn't even a Duke site on SBNation.

I've said this so many times it's not funny, every team has "those type of fans". In my area all the Duke fans are douches they root for NC State during football season and Duke for basketball season and complain about the refs non stop. But I won't say the whole Duke fanbase are douchebags because every team has those type of fans.

#564 Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,823 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:06 PM

Not being elitist I just said we don't get on HERE and make irrational statements about the refs like you heels fans. If this is untrue then show me, I showed you all the irrational unc fans bitching and moaning.

On here? So now you're changing your argument? Hmm!! I don't come on the college ball forum, so I can't show you because I've got better things to do than search for Duke fans complaining, but I can assure you that you guys aren't above complaining either.

And complaining about refs isn't even a bad thing. Everyone does it. Bad calls happen, why does it matter if you acknowledge it sometimes? At least pointing it out shows that you understand the game enough to realize they were bad calls.

Besides, complaining about people complaining about refs has nothing to do with the game, while at least pointing out shitty calls is directly related to the game.

#565 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,652 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:10 PM

On here? So now you're changing your argument? Hmm!! I don't come on the college ball forum, so I can't show you because I've got better things to do than search for Duke fans complaining, but I can assure you that you guys aren't above complaining either.

And complaining about refs isn't even a bad thing. Everyone does it. Bad calls happen, why does it matter if you acknowledge it sometimes? At least pointing it out shows that you understand the game enough to realize they were bad calls.

Besides, complaining about people complaining about refs has nothing to do with the game, while at least pointing out shitty calls is directly related to the game.

Have you read all my statements? I haven't changed my story at all, I have said from the get go that I have said refs have made bad calls but I don't get on forums and Facebook complaining about it. Come on son keep up.

#566 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:12 PM

It's hard to show you with only 3 Duke fans on this board.. And really no other Duke forum or blog there isn't even a Duke site on SBNation.

I've said this so many times it's not funny, every team has "those type of fans". In my area all the Duke fans are douches they root for NC State during football season and Duke for basketball season and complain about the refs non stop. But I won't say the whole Duke fanbase are douchebags because every team has those type of fans.

Yup - and this is one isn't even up for debate. Every single Duke fan is a fan of someone else during college FB season.

Sure, Duke football had a decent season this year. They went to a bowl for the first time since Moses walked the earth and they beat UNC the first time in decade. The duke basketball fans still are thumping their chests about the latter.

I have a question for you. What do you think is going to happen to Duke football next season? Do you think that David Cutcliff is going to parlay this decent past season into some ACC championship run? Sean Renferee is gone and so is Conner Vernon. Those two guys probably won't even be drafted.

Duke football will be back in the cellar next year and their "fans" will be back pulling for their beloved Game Cocks, Fighting Irish, Wolfpack, or Crimson Tide.

Meanwhile, UNC football WILL be competing for an ACC championship.

#567 Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,823 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:37 PM

Have you read all my statements? I haven't changed my story at all, I have said from the get go that I have said refs have made bad calls but I don't get on forums and Facebook complaining about it. Come on son keep up.

You said YOU don't? Then why quote 20 different Huddle users, showing them point out bad calls? How does that help your argument and show that YOU don't complain about bad calls?

Logical fallacy, my friend.

#568 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,652 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:41 PM

You said YOU don't? Then why quote 20 different Huddle users, showing them point out bad calls? How does that help your argument and show that YOU don't complain about bad calls?

Logical fallacy, my friend.

I said refs make bad calls, they are human and I don't dwell on them long enough to get on the huddle while I am watching the game and bitch about them. Bad calls will happen but most of the time it's both ways so should you really complain?

#569 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:52 PM

I said refs make bad calls, they are human and I don't dwell on them long enough to get on the huddle while I am watching the game and bitch about them. Bad calls will happen but most of the time it's both ways so should you really complain?

yes

/thread

#570 beckersteen

beckersteen

Nihilum

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • LocationConcord

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:57 PM

do you guys think any of the low seeds make it through the next round?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: MARCH MADNESS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com