• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,195 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:57 AM

not that there are many here and congrats to those that are, but a hypothetical say if we were to accidentally win a super bowl or any other team of that matter..

Has the celebrations come to a hault watching your team get dismantled? I'm sure soaking the victory is nice but not much more than a month after, you see your roster getting mutilated so quickly, can you even look forward to next season? Has a dreaded future kinda ruined this super bowl win or does it matter?

#2 CanadianCat

CanadianCat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:52 PM

Im not a Ravens fan but I would take a Super Bowl win.

Our roster is getting dismantled anyway and we didnt win anything. This will happen to us as soon a s Cam's contract comes up so I would atleast take a SB win along with that,

I know what your saying but a SB win has to trump everything else.

#3 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 10,195 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:06 PM

only comparable circumstance for me is after the Heels won a couple championships, knowing kinda have to start from scratch the following seasons. and the ravens are still going to be competitive, maybe i exaggerated when i said dreading next season.

#4 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:41 PM

all those years of struggling and hopes and ups and downs....I'd take a Super Bowl win at pretty much any cost at this point in my life!!

I've been fortunate enough to see my favorite team win a few Stanley Cups and a few NBA titles...and I'd trade some of those for one Lombardi!

#5 Luke Cage

Luke Cage

Eternal Hatred

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:31 PM

not that there are many here and congrats to those that are, but a hypothetical say if we were to accidentally win a super bowl or any other team of that matter..

Has the celebrations come to a hault watching your team get dismantled? I'm sure soaking the victory is nice but not much more than a month after, you see your roster getting mutilated so quickly, can you even look forward to next season? Has a dreaded future kinda ruined this super bowl win or does it matter?

I live in Md and know a bunch of Ravens fans. The ones I know don't care because they know that they have one of the best GMs in the history of the NFL running their team. Ozzie Newsome has led that young franchise to more super bowls in 17 years than some NFL teams who have been around for almost twice as long. They have faith in him, and frankly I would too if I was a Ravens fan. Newsome is like the Rainman as far as picking the right players for his team/scheme. Even if what they are doing seems bat poo crazy right now, they have a plan.

#6 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 10,195 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:10 PM

I live in Md and know a bunch of Ravens fans. The ones I know don't care because they know that they have one of the best GMs in the history of the NFL running their team. Ozzie Newsome has led that young franchise to more super bowls in 17 years than some NFL teams who have been around for almost twice as long. They have faith in him, and frankly I would too if I was a Ravens fan. Newsome is like the Rainman as far as picking the right players for his team/scheme. Even if what they are doing seems bat poo crazy right now, they have a plan.

Hard to argue what Newsome does, and the guys they lost got ridiculously overpaid. They didn't get much value for Boldin, which is probably the biggest loss (other than Williams, maybe), but his salary does come off the books.

#7 CanadianCat

CanadianCat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:47 PM

Boldin was not a huge loss. Played more like a TE than a WR. But he was very dependable but I think he could be easily replaced.

#8 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 10,195 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:01 PM

One week later, Newsome looks like a genius. Dumerville didnt really succeed as an OLB in Denver so we'll see, but overall they already look better. Still questions at MLB and WR, otherwise a nice offseason after being poached but not overpaying.

#9 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,695 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:10 PM

They've added Canty, Dumerville, and now Michael Huff. They won't be hurting nearly as bad as people think.

#10 Brokenbad

Brokenbad

Cam is my hero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,550 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:53 PM

They've added Canty, Dumerville, and now Michael Huff. They won't be hurting nearly as bad as people think.

Replaced a few geezers and added some studs, doesn't sound like dismantling to me.

#11 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,695 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:45 PM

They just signed Rolando McClain. If they can get a CB and WR, they won't be hurting at all.

#12 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,695 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:49 PM

Ozzie Newsome is the God of all GMs

#13 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,506 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:22 PM

Flacco should look at this

http://profootballta...-the-lions-cap/

#14 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,064 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:11 PM

Dynasties are rare and few teams win the SB when their team is young with a good cap situation.

If we were to win like the Ravens did I'd expect a good amount of turnover and hope we could return to form before the young guys are out of their windows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com