Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ted Ginn joins the Panthers on a one-year deal

385 posts in this topic

Posted

On Bleacher Report. Ranked him as a 3rd round prospect. Interesting that everywhere else I read had him as easy top 15 guy. Oh not to mention he turned out to be the best defensive player in his draft class and nearly single handedly transformed the 27th worst defense in the NFL to a top ten defense.

He's a tackling machine that is no question but I am not going to put my money on him defending passes on passing downs, you can say what you want but you ain't changing my mind, he is too slow.

Posted

He's a tackling machine that is no question but I am not going to put my money on him defending passes on passing downs, you can say what you want but you ain't changing my mind, he is too slow.

So which NFL ILBs do you think are elite in coverage and are just SO much faster than luke?

Posted

Huge improvement on Louis Murphy. This has been a damn good FA. Now all we really need is some OG depth.

Posted

Ha, the kid ran an unofficial 4.5 and official 4.58 and 4.59 and led all inside linebackers with a 38 inch vertical at 6'3".

Go find me someone whom you consider a fast tight end and look and post their 40 time coming out of college. Guarantee it will not be significantly faster than an official 4.58.

Posted

Aside from Vernon Davis, Luke's speed is comparable to every other TE of significance currently in the league.

Posted

So which NFL ILBs do you think are elite in coverage and are just SO much faster than luke?

Patrick Willis, Vilma, Lofton.

Posted

Aside from Vernon Davis, Luke's speed is comparable to every other TE of significance currently in the league.

Jimmy Graham, antonio gates, zach miller, and wait just check everyone that we play this year and you tell me.

Posted

Oh and his vertical of 38" is better than every significant NFL TE not named Vernon Davis and Jared Cook since 2006. So don't play the "he isn't athletic enough to cover" card.

Posted

Luke: 4.59

Willis: 4.51

Vilma: 4.65

Lofton: 4.79

Lofton in particular is known to be terrible in coverage.

1 person likes this

Posted

He'll be better than the crop of shitty return guys we have now, but people expecting him to be a good WR make me laugh

Posted

Willis was faster during the combine and is faster than Luke. Vilma had a slower 40 and lower vertical leap than Luke.

You seriously believe Curtis Lofton is an elite coverage LBer? Every Falcons and Saints fan would disagree. He is solely good at stopping the run and a HUGE liability in coverage.

Posted

See thread title. Thread about Ginn.

1 person likes this