Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cam2Ligit2Quit

Ted Ginn joins the Panthers on a one-year deal

385 posts in this topic

What you consider "solid", I consider decidedly mediocre (or gossamer). Here is a debate I had earlier:

Like you he just wanted to prove his point at all costs, so he got technical on me

You guys are killing me with this LaFell is a solid #2 stuff. If LaFell is solid, I wonder why all these guys who are technically listed as 2s, or guys that we may think of as 2s are considered around the league to be overall better players, if not legitimate threats, and really make LaFell look relatively sub par when it comes to impacting football games. I'm just sorry; if you can't be highly productive---and I said highly productive---opposite 89 after your third year in the league, then you just aren't the guy to do the job. Even Tate put up 688 yards and 7 TDs. I bet most FOs would be knocking on Tate's door before LaFell's, so I wouldn't exactly call that a ringing endorsement as a WR2. This does not make LaFell a bad WR, it just means that he is what he is; a solid WR3 IMO.

If he is the most solid WR we got to complement Smitty (which he is), then we have a bleeding wound on the other side that needs stitches, but actually has Band-Aids.

The same old arguments and excuses about LaFell and Gettis are getting old and stale. We need consistent playmakers at the WR position, not guys on the sidelines, guys who make cameo appearances now and then, or guys who are souped up versions of Legs Naane.

Oh I'm glad you use Tate as a example. So here's a few question.

1. Who is the number 1 WR in Seattle because Sid Rice had pretty much the same Stats as Tate 50rec. 748 yads and 7td on 80 targets? It's not as big as the difference here is where 89 got 60 more targets then Lafell. Rice only got only had 12 more targets then Tate.

2. You seem to neglect mentioning that Seattle didn't have other targets like a good TE and FB to throw to. Zach Miller had 35 rec. for 383 yards and 3 td. Now Compare that with Olsen who had 69 rec. 843 yards and 5 td. Also as a side bar Olsen was targeted 104 times which is 28 more times then Lafell. So if you really want to be technical about it Olsen was the #2 WR.

Also Tolbert caught 27 ball and was targeted 39 times compared to Michael Robinson (FB for the Seattle) who caught 13 balls on 16 targets. You don't think haveing more weapons could have effected Lafell numbers?

Bottom line for me is; Lafell is good not great. We need to upgrade the position, but i love having Lafell on the field. When you mention the amount of targets compared to Smitty, couldn't that be because Lafell wasn't open? Like others have said, he disappears at times because of strong CB play. A lot of people poo on Lafell, I think he's a great reciever option, but again we need an upgrade.

A burner like Ginn fits Cam perfectly. Need someone to be at the other end of that cannon.

Yep. Or throw it short and let him run with it. Plus you now have someone that's a threat on a reverse or an end around other than just Smitty.

Bottom line for me is; Lafell is good not great. We need to upgrade the position, but i love having Lafell on the field. When you mention the amount of targets compared to Smitty, couldn't that be because Lafell wasn't open? Like others have said, he disappears at times because of strong CB play. A lot of people poo on Lafell, I think he's a great reciever option, but again we need an upgrade.

This not being open thing can't be used unless you have some stats to prove he wasn't getting open.

Also I'd like to state that Anquan Boldin is hardly ever open but still gets 112 targets. 89 could be double teamed and will still get a high numbers of targets. So this being open thing isn't always on the WR.

Also this disappearing thing is false because you can say the same thing about Tolbert. But we all know it wasn't Tolberts fault he wasn't getting the touches early in the season. There were games where you would have thought Olsen diappeared for a whole half. But Again we all know that wasn't Olsen fault as well.

Why does Lafell get the blame for this when it happen to other players on the team?

I know I'm a few pages late, and I know other people have already done so, but I wanted to additionally point out that this post is pretty fuging retarded.

thunderkatt is a known idiot. he was one of the "cam needs to learn how to not talk like a thug" dipshits from last season.

It'd probably take a cap miracle, but I'd love to see the Panthers somehow manage to sign Kevin Boothe now.

Not just because it would be a good move - which it would - but to watch the full blown fangasm that would erupt in this place :lol:

after 9 pages, i can't believe this hasn't been posted, yet:

v41m5l.jpg

It'd probably take a cap miracle, but I'd love to see the Panthers somehow manage to sign Kevin Boothe now.

Not just because it would be a good move - which it would - but to watch the full blown fangasm that would erupt in this place :lol:

I said earlier if we could get Booth and Alan Branch I would be hyped beyond belief.

First off Dork, I never said Cam acts or talks like a thug, in fact, he is the furthest from being a thug. What I said was, he needs to learn how to conduct himself like a grown man during interviews and act the leader of the team instead of a kid. That is why Denver ripped him apart and mocked him til I saw a tear drop in his eyes. As a NFL quarterback he is held to a higher standard.

As for that Kuechly thing, just wait and see if we don't upgrade the linebacker position and see him get torched on the 3rd and longs when the defense needs to get off the field. You will see how many games we let slip threw our fingers again before I pull up this thread and say that I was right. At that point I don't want to have to thump you from my pubs saying I told you so, but I will.

thunderkatt is a known idiot. he was one of the "cam needs to learn how to not talk like a thug" dipshits from last season.