Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cam2Ligit2Quit

Ted Ginn joins the Panthers on a one-year deal

385 posts in this topic

Said he couldn't cover Graham too was very adamant about that. I was right.

Never said he was a bad player. Said he wasn't the right pick bro. Tell me how awesome Hurney is again.

Well DROY sounds like the right pick, but hey what do I know. I've literally never said Hurney was awesome.

Well DROY sounds like the right pick, but hey what do I know. I've literally never said Hurney was awesome.

Well I guess you win, here is some pie. You never *literally* said Hurney was awesome.

Well I guess you win, here is some pie. You never *literally* said Hurney was awesome.

Just giving you poo dude, we all make mistakes.

Why was Jamarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf, Carlos Rogers, Matt Leinart, Brady Quinn, David Carr, Reggie Williams, Derrick Harvey, Jamel Reynolds, Vernon Gholston or my favorite Ted Ginn comparison Troy Williamson not given the chance to perform? Draft status really doesn't matter anymore after you been in the league 5+ years. 95% of the time you are who everyone thinks you are. I'd give you the first point. Just don't reasonably expect much more out of him than they are already giving, and Lafell is a better receiver.

Gettis is still my favorite to win if healthy. In 2010, he had a reasonably productive season which was as goods as Smiths given the circumstances. 2011 and half of 2012 he wasn't healthy which are the reasons for his non production, not inability to perform. This isn't a Dwayne Jarrett situation where he needs one more year. He has proven himself, he is cheap and if healthy he should reasonably perform enough to get that spot.

I'm also a big fan of Gettis, and hope that he steps in and takes the #1 from Smitty. He has all the tools to do so, even though he was a late round draft pick. Which really wasn't my point about Ginn - other than to show he was highly touted coming out of college.

I really don't have high expectations for Ginn as a WR. I think he's fighting for the #3 position. I just can't understand why it can't even be acknowledged that he brings a dynamic this team hasn't had in some time, possibly since young Steve Smith - game breaking speed at the WR position. You don't have to have high hopes for what he'll accomplish, but as a DC you would take notice if he lines up outside because chances are your CB can't keep up with him.

*face palm*

He isn't the better receiver though otherwise why don't we pickup any washed up HOF 50+ receiver because they have better stats than any of our players so that should mean he is better.

I didn't say he was the better WR. I said he leads him in every category. But I will say that Ginn has gears LaFell dreams of, right now, today. That's not a 50+ WR. That's a guy that's a better athlete if they put the pads on tonight.

Exactly LaFell is further along at the same point in their careers. And a much better WR. As I stated above, I like the pick up and Ginn will have an affect on field position. Which will result in more opportunities to score. Anything else he brings in is gravy on biscuits!

Well, if you look at the stats, Ginn's first 2 seasons were better than LaFell's. It wasn't until 2009 that he seemed to fall off and forget how to catch. He never really had an opportunity as a WR after that. But, I agree. LaFell is pretty darn good to me. I think he's a better WR than Ginn right now. But Ginn's speed has to be honored.

I'd actually like to see Cam take a little less of the offense. Would love to see the running game (minus the QB) get going and open the offense up for Cam a little.

That's not Cam's game...not at this point.

He is at his best when he uses both his arms and legs...and we have just scratched the surface.

That's not Cam's game...not at this point.

He is at his best when he uses both his arms and legs...and we have just scratched the surface.

You're right. Cam is a dynamic runner and should have a few carries a game. But no way in heck he should at any point lead the team in rushing yards and carries. He did just that until about week 10 last year. That's too much focus on your QB and not enough on your RBs.

You're right. Cam is a dynamic runner and should have a few carries a game. But no way in heck he should at any point lead the team in rushing yards and carries. He did just that until about week 10 last year. That's too much focus on your QB and not enough on your RBs.

Him having 700 yards rushing isn't the issue...

and with an OVERLOADED backfield he will remain near them in carries....bc once you divide up the touches no one will be miles ahead of Newton in the near future in rush attempts.

Issue was DeAngelo got the bulk of the reps and despite being a homerun hitter he goes down near the line of scrimmage entirely too much....so of you feed the RB heavily it means 3 and outs.

Cam had 37% of our rush attempts....I'd like to see him around 25%. OL has to improve for that though

• Topics

• There's merit is there is discrepancy between words and action.  For instance, Saudi Arabia not being held accountable as they are saying all the right things but doing the opposite of following through.
    • Looks like our DE depth is developing nicely.  Let's see his swim move--no wait--if he starts drowning, we'll never get him back in the boat. I still say they were a bit upset with him last season.  Remember the benching during the game following the altercationwith the coach?  Some people never recover fully from a knee injury, especially if they lack the discipline to rehab properly.  I wounder if that is the case? Seriously--he is a TE.
    • http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/carrier-plant-where-trump-saved-jobs-plans-layoffs/ar-BBBsNjX?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp A plant where jobs were purportedly saved by Donald Trump ahead of his inauguration is set to make at least 600 staff cuts, many before Christmas. Carrier had opted in December 2016 not to move a number of jobs to Mexico from its Indianapolis furnace factory, following a visit to the plant by Trump. The president claimed he had convinced Carrier to retain 1,100 jobs in Indianapolis rather than outsourcing them in Mexico. And of those 1,100 jobs Trump spoke of, 300 had reportedly never been threatened with a move to Mexico—meaning a total of 800 jobs had been saved. But the company has since announced that at least 600 employees at the factory will still be laid off, with the final 290 job cuts coming just ahead of Christmas. In a filing seen by CNN, the company announced it would be making an initial 338 job cuts in July, four in October and a further 290 jobs on December 22, just three days before Christmas. During a press conference at Carrier, Trump said: “that big, big beautiful plant behind us… will be even more beautiful in about seven months from now. They're so happy. They're going to have a great Christmas. That's most important. He added: “And that these companies aren't going to be leaving anymore. They're not going to be taking people's hearts out. They're not going to be announcing, like they did at Carrier, that they're closing up and they're moving to Mexico, over 1,100 jobs. “And by the way, that number is going to go up very substantially as they expand this area, this plant. So the 1,100 is going to be a minimum number,” he said. The plant said at the time the number of jobs saved was closer to 800, but explained it would be replacing some of the jobs that were saved with an automated system in order to save money, although CEO Greg Hayes did say there would be less money saved by the company in doing so than if they moved production to Mexico. Carrier did not immediately respond to Newsweek’s request for comment. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I'm thinking of another person I'd like to see get laid off, or fired.