#151 Fan01

Fan01

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:02 PM

Panthers have a need at KR/PR. Check.
Panthers have a need for speed at WR in a Coryell offense. Check

I dont' know if he can be a decent or good WR for us but I bet he's does and that's why he signed with us. A one year deal on a team that has a need at WR says it all. Otherwise he probably could have gotten a better deal somewhere else if he was just looking for KR duties.

Worse case, we got a really good KR/PR.
Best case, we got a really good KR/PR and someone with elite speed to stretch the field. With his speed and Cam's arm if all he can do is run a Go route it's a plus in my book.

#152 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:05 PM

Panthers have a need at KR/PR. Check.
Panthers have a need for speed at WR in a Coryell offense. Check

I dont' know if he can be a decent or good WR for us but I bet he's does and that's why he signed with us. A one year deal on a team that has a need at WR says it all. Otherwise he probably could have gotten a better deal somewhere else if he was just looking for KR duties.

Worse case, we got a really good KR/PR.
Best case, we got a really good KR/PR and someone with elite speed to stretch the field. With his speed and Cam's arm if all he can do is run a Go route it's a plus in my book.

Yeah I'm happy with the KR/PR stuff. I don't expect anything from him as a WR.

#153 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 12,621 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:06 PM

Unless there is some off the field poo between The FO and Gettis or he can't come back from this injury. Gettis is cheap to keep and has the ability to add more size and speed then any WR on this roster. He definitely wouldn't be at the top of my list of must get rid of player .

I think he's actually got more going against him than even Armanti Edwards at this point. He's in Rivera's dog house. The last time he had significant playing time John Fox was head coach, and we have a new GM with zero ties. What about that situation says guaranteed roster spot this year?

#154 Doyle

Doyle

Headed to the county line

• HUDDLER
  • 5,910 posts
  • LocationRiverboat Rivera

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:15 PM

I just looked at his receiving stats and ugh... Am I missing something? Return stats look great.

#155 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,887 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:15 PM

David Gettis couldn't beat out Louis Murphy....we can't live in 2010 forever for the kid

#156 The Golden Child

The Golden Child

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:18 PM

Dude??? Just Google him.

lol former Cardinal, that's right. Well he's huge, 6'6 325 Unfortunately he sucks.

#157 Vampire the buffet slayer

Vampire the buffet slayer

Fat Alice's Dietitian

• HUDDLER
  • 2,120 posts
  • Locationunder an aluminum hat

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:20 PM

Posted Image

Tell me how the argument is invalid other than "he cant catch the ball!".

#158 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:25 PM

I think he's actually got more going against him than even Armanti Edwards at this point. He's in Rivera's dog house. The last time he had significant playing time John Fox was head coach, and we have a new GM with zero ties. What about that situation says guaranteed roster spot this year?

1. Let me make this statement. fug Rivera's doghouse. It's the strangest poo ever. How players get on it is a mystery and if he let's his doghouse get in the way of putting a talented player on the field. Then he won't be the coach for long.

2. Gettis has a few things going for him.

He's cheap.

He's young.

He has more upside then any WR on this roster.

Last not only is he a deep threat with track speed. He is a big target in the Red zone.

Something Gettlemen mention he wanted.

#159 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:29 PM

David Gettis couldn't beat out Louis Murphy....we can't live in 2010 forever for the kid

I don't know if that's true.

1. He could have still not been right from his injury.

2. This coaching staff has shown that they don't always make correct judgement with the Depth chart.
Example: Leaguedoodoo starting over Lafell most of last year.

#160 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 12,621 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:40 PM

Tell me how the argument is invalid other than "he cant catch the ball!".

Hey you're the one who made the statement. Elaborate on how you think he will suddenly become a #2.

1. Let me make this statement. fug Rivera's doghouse. It's the strangest poo ever. How players get on it is a mystery and if he let's his doghouse get in the way of putting a talented player on the field. Then he won't be the coach for long.

He's cheap.

He's young.

Last not only is he a deep threat with track speed. He is a big target in the Red zone.

Something Gettlemen mention he wanted.

Are you implying he is out to get him? Only one other guy was in his dog house, Joe Fumbles Adams.

If that's all he has going for him then he's going to have his work cut out for him in competing for a roster spot here. There are quite a few other young, quick, tall, and cheap WR's out there who have actually had real playing time in the last few years.

#161 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,893 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:50 PM

He's cheap.

He's young.

Something Gettleman mention he wanted.

Gettleman did say he liked big guys. <Cue the Chirs McClain jokes>

#162 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:50 PM

lol former Cardinal, that's right. Well he's huge, 6'6 325 Unfortunately he sucks.

Posted Image Alan Branch, DT, Seahawks. Age: 28. Posted ImagePosted Image
Alan Branch is sort of a jack-of-all-trades defensive tackle. He has no glaring weaknesses and is at his best when stopping the run.

http://walterfootbal...gents2013DT.php

#163 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:57 PM

Hey you're the one who made the statement. Elaborate on how you think he will suddenly become a #2.

Are you implying he is out to get him? Only one other guy was in his dog house, Joe Fumbles Adams.

If that's all he has going for him then he's going to have his work cut out for him in competing for a roster spot here. There are quite a few other young, quick, tall, and cheap WR's out there who have actually had real playing time in the last few years.

Why didn't Naka ever hit the doghouse if fumbling gets you there. Given up game winning plays and missing tackels should get you there as well.

There is not another WR on this roster that is 6'3 has track speed and has actually had a full season of game exp. You tell me who you got?

They also have to cost the price of a 6th round pick.

#164 Doyle

Doyle

Headed to the county line

• HUDDLER
  • 5,910 posts
  • LocationRiverboat Rivera

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:03 PM

Guys Gettis was not playing last year for a reason. We don't know why but somethng was going on. No coach is going to leave talent on the bench for personal reasons.

#165 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 17,274 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:05 PM

Rivera's inconsistency at what players get in his dog house and what players don't is part of the reason why I believe he will be fired midseason.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.