* * * * - 1 votes

Ted Ginn joins the Panthers on a one-year deal

• Please log in to reply
384 replies to this topic

#271 Guest_FredLane4Ever_*

Guest_FredLane4Ever_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:29 PM

Hairston and one for the game. Side note Hairston has a very small nose and small nostrils.

#272 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:36 PM

Whatever. LaFell's numbers prove my point, as does our need for another legitimate WR---the same need that we have had ever since Muhammad went to the Windy City. I am not the one who makes the dude more than he is every offseason like clockwork. I don't dislike Lafell I just see the reality for what it is: we need, and have needed, a whole lot more at WR (particularly our merry band of 2s over the last 5 years, and we are hopefully going to get it.

His numbers are the same as any other 2nd/3rd option in a Read option offence. So you have no point. Plus you seem to neglect the fact he miss 3 games also. Which might have boosted his stats as well. But keep selling him short. We both know you'll be the same dude riding his jock as he makes clutch plays for us this year.

#273 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,876 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:44 PM

His numbers are the same as any other 2nd/3rd option in a Read option offence. So you have no point. Plus you seem to neglect the fact he miss 3 games also. Which might have boosted his stats as well. But keep selling him short. We both know you'll be the same dude riding his jock as he makes clutch plays for us this year.

Ha. He plays like an old Santana Moss, an injured Garcon and a mediocre WR named Hankerson. Like I said, keep hanging onto this read option excuse. I wonder what excuse it will be this time next year.

And, don't forget to see my edit. Smith's numbers were a little below his TD avg which is basically 6 and a little above his yardage (and that's taking the last 8 years into account (which actually works to his advantage as far as your weak argument goes). Get your facts straight. His numbers were technically well above his career average, and not "well below" like you want everyone to believe.

#274 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:09 PM

Ha. He plays like an old Santana Moss, an injured Garcon and a mediocre WR named Hankerson. Like I said, keep hanging onto this read option excuse. I wonder what excuse it will be this time next year.

And, don't forget to see my edit. Smith's numbers were a little below his TD avg which is basically 6 and a little above his yardage (and that's taking the last 8 years into account (which actually works to his advantage as far as your weak argument goes). Get your facts straight. His numbers were technically well above his career average, and not "well below" like you want everyone to believe.

And the Seattle WR's and the 49ers WR's try and add them in here to if you can. It wasn't just a old Moss and Injured Garcon. Tate, Manningham and Moss in there to. All 2nd and 3rd option in a read option offense with similar numbers.

Smith lowest TD total since 2010 and he wasn't injured and you don't see the problem with that?

#275 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,876 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:50 PM

And the Seattle WR's and the 49ers WR's try and add them in here to if you can. It wasn't just a old Moss and Injured Garcon. Tate, Manningham and Moss in there to. All 2nd and 3rd option in a read option offense with similar numbers.

Smith lowest TD total since 2010 and he wasn't injured and you don't see the problem with that?

Seattle definitely does NOT run a read option offense, and San Fran doesn't really run one either, but for argument's sake I'll concede that LaFell is in the same category as an injured Manningham and ancient Randy Moss. Good for him.

89 is still a 1000 + yard aging WR who still outdoes many of his much younger counterparts. Where is the problem with that? If there is a problem I am sure Gettleman will eventually solve it. But, we can all rest easy because LaFell is there to pick up the slack.

#276 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,082 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:45 AM

Smitty has never been a TD guy....more a yardage big play guy. His 2nd most TDs in a season is only 8....and now he is getting old.

Smitty was always more of a YAC TD guy and he ain't got that like he did.

#277 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,011 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:30 PM

Posted Image

That poo is creepy. Looks like the guy from the Paranoid Android video.

#278 OneBadCat

OneBadCat

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:43 PM

Thank god we finally have a legit return man. I still think Joe Adams can be somebody but Ginn gives us an instant upgrade at this point.

#279 Illuminati704

Illuminati704

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationFort Polk, Louisiana

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:05 PM

A return man is all he gives us. I do not see him making an impact on offense - I really hope we just draft Austin, or Allen in the 1st. Either one, and I'm happy.

#280 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,509 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:33 PM

Judging from the hoorays in San Fran, I don't see them missing him. Ginn, at times, placed the Niners' offense in bad spots, according to fans.

#281 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:35 PM

A return man is all he gives us. I do not see him making an impact on offense - I really hope we just draft Austin, or Allen in the 1st. Either one, and I'm happy.

With the signing of Ginn it may only be a outside WR were looking at. Ginn automatically takes 2 jobs you would have Austin doing.

#282 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,509 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:47 PM

With the signing of Ginn it may only be a outside WR were looking at. Ginn automatically takes 2 jobs you would have Austin doing.

Ginn is purely a return man, not a slot receiver. I doubt we'll see him catching passes from Cam.

#283 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 16,887 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:03 PM

I see this as a "let's give Rivera a fair shot with players" so there are no excuses in 2013. But don't be surprised if Ginn is battling for the #3 WR in camp.

We will have something OK at every position this year one way or another.

#284 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,082 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:22 PM

I see this as a "let's give Rivera a fair shot with players" so there are no excuses in 2013. But don't be surprised if Ginn is battling for the #3 WR in camp.

We will have something OK at every position this year one way or another.

We haven't brought in a legit FA...just a bunch of a castoffs. On a team filled with holes despite having a young cheap good QB.

Rivera and Cam....against the world IMO. Gettlemen gives Ron and Cam one season. Do or die. GM is old school and Ron/Cam are as new school as it gets

#285 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,859 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:57 PM

...Lets just hope Ginn becomes relevent and maximizes his experience in the NFL...return game credibility and lets see how we use him on offence if any...his signing doesnt bode well for Gettis IMO....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.