384 replies to this topic

#316 Navy_football

Navy_football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:43 PM

We need to address the OL-the only weakness Gettlemen has not touched yet, but I agree.

And the biggest weakness in my opinion. The guard position killed the offense last year. But Amini did get better towards the end of the season, so I'm cautiously optimistic about LG. RG needs to be upgraded. If not in FA, then I'd use a first or second. Gettleman can not go into next year with the same guys at RG. Every other offseason move on offense won't matter.

#317 ThunderKatt

ThunderKatt

Hello to All my Haters

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationIn yo moma

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:51 PM

And the biggest weakness in my opinion. The guard position killed the offense last year. But Amini did get better towards the end of the season, so I'm cautiously optimistic about LG. RG needs to be upgraded. If not in FA, then I'd use a first or second. Gettleman can not go into next year with the same guys at RG. Every other offseason move on offense won't matter.

if I'm not mistaken, he did add to the ol. I don't know how everyone can think all needs can be addressed during fa. Like Mike Tyson says "this is ludicrous".

#318 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,601 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:57 PM

false.

New HCs bring in there own QBs within 1-3 years pending they aren't a Superbowl QB.

GM isn't going to hire a new school HC. He already said what he believes...Ron was forced on him for a year

LMAO! This franchise will move before that happens. In no way is that the norm.

Rivers is still the QB for the Chargers and is on his third coach, Alex Smith hung around forever with the Niners with all those coaches, Bradford is still the Qb for the Rams. Tony Romo is still the Qb for the Cowboys.

New coaches go get their own guys simply because the guy they already have isnt getting it done or is approaching the end of their contract and hasnt shown to be the guy for the future. Most importantly it isnt even their call its the GMs. Josh Freeman is a perfect example.

#319 Navy_football

Navy_football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:06 PM

I disagree. I think some people here think he has been waiting 5 years to have a Breakout season and now it will happen.

May be more of homer optimism, rather than realistic expectations.

Is it possible? Of course. Is it likely? Not really. My desire is that he forces defenses to respect the deep route with help over the top. That should allow Smitty to continue to work underneath along with Olsen.

#320 Navy_football

Navy_football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:09 PM

if I'm not mistaken, he did add to the ol. I don't know how everyone can think all needs can be addressed during fa. Like Mike Tyson says "this is ludicrous".

Didn't say it had to be FA. But, it has to be addressed. What's there now caused a lot of problems last year.

#321 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts
  • LocationKinston, NC

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:44 PM

Yeah I wouldn't ink him in as the 3rd WR yet.

you have got to be kidding me? please tell me who the #3 reciever is then

#322 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,647 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:50 PM

you have got to be kidding me? please tell me who the #3 reciever is then

We still got Gettis and Pilares until further notice and Bryant will be entering the line up this upcoming season.

#323 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:55 PM

We still got Gettis and Pilares until further notice and Bryant will be entering the line up this upcoming season.?

And Adams. And we still might draft a Wr.

#324 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,647 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:04 PM

And Adams. And we still might draft a Wr.

Exactly. Ginn came to the wrong team if he expected playing time. If he somehow beats out Pilares, Gettis, and Bryant, then he's earned the third spot but Ginn, as of right now, has stiff competition for #3.

#325 bhardin81

bhardin81

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:20 PM

Is it possible? Of course. Is it likely? Not really. My desire is that he forces defenses to respect the deep route with help over the top. That should allow Smitty to continue to work underneath along with Olsen.

Even if he drops 5 out of 10 teams will have to respect the big play and he will likely draw two defenders. Using him as a distraction should help the passing game.

#326 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,705 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:36 PM

I don't get it, Gettleman is improving this team from the bottom up and people still complain?

#327 Gabeking

Gabeking

• HUDDLER
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:40 PM

false.

New HCs bring in there own QBs within 1-3 years pending they aren't a Superbowl QB.

GM isn't going to hire a new school HC. He already said what he believes...Ron was forced on him for a year

Whatever you say buddy ;)

#328 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,865 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:22 AM

Every word of this is gospel.

I would even add that RT needs to be analyzed.

Silatolu, according to his teammates, will beast next year. I hope so.

#329 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:56 AM

Every word of this is gospel.

I would even add that RT needs to be analyzed.

Silatolu, according to his teammates, will beast next year. I hope so.

No I think Bell will be good. I think he suffered from the instability at RG. We put a solid RG beside him and he will be really good. We must remember he was only in his 2nd year and the revolving door beside him effected his play as well.

#330 Navy_football

Navy_football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:37 AM

Exactly. Ginn came to the wrong team if he expected playing time. If he somehow beats out Pilares, Gettis, and Bryant, then he's earned the third spot but Ginn, as of right now, has stiff competition for #3.

Seriously think it's the other way around for #3. Edwards, Pilares, Gettis and Bryant need to beat out Ginn for #3. Other than the obvious fact that he's accomplished more as an NFL WR than anyone on the team not named Steve Smith, he was a top 10 draft pick for a reason. He can make big plays when given a chance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.