384 replies to this topic

#76 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,449 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:21 PM

And Keuchly will be covering TEs btw. That was his biggest strength when he was drafted.

#77 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:21 PM

I'm excited for the signing. At the very least we know that we now have an amazing return man.

#78 Cam2Ligit2Quit

Cam2Ligit2Quit

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:22 PM

HAH! That is awesome. Can we get a thread title change, please?

changed title to what

#79 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Member from WAAAYY Back

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,283 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:23 PM

In his best season:

56 catches
790 yards
14.1 yards/catch
7 plays of 20 or more yards
4 plays of 40 or more yards

WITH CLEO fuging LEMON throwing to him, guy has never had a true opportunity under a good QB

2 seasons with over 1200 yards in kick returns

4.3 40 yard dash

Dude is a PLAYMAKER. And Cam is the perfect strong armed QB to rewrite his career.

This is what everybody should be focusing on. We have addressed two needs in one signing. His speed alone will cause some huge problems for defenses.

It doesn't mean Super Bowl but it could mean a solid Slot or #2. If, BIG IF, Gettis comes back and plays the #2. The Panthers have all sorts of speed on the Field, throw in Olsen and you can't double everybody.

I think he will provide more of a threat then Murphy did.

#80 ThunderKatt

ThunderKatt

Hello to All my Haters

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationIn yo moma

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:23 PM

And Keuchly will be covering TEs btw. That was his biggest strength when he was drafted.

Well in those I formations he will but he passing situations I believe they will relieve him of his duties. I definitely don't want Keuchly covering a tight end. The dude is smart but if it's not a double team, it will be the same scenario it has been the past recent years.

#81 ThunderKatt

ThunderKatt

Hello to All my Haters

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationIn yo moma

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:25 PM

I think he will provide more of a threat then Murphy did.

That statement along, has me gasping for air. I love this pick up.

#82 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,598 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:26 PM

If were counting on him to be a weapon at receiver for us we have some serious issues, and fans are going to be fuming when he drops a crucial ball for us next year.

He'll be a strong returner. He'll contend with Gettis for the 4th WR spot.

That's what were looking at here guys.

this. i don't think we are signing him with the exception of being a real weapon at receiver. i think he will see time on the field as a WR, but only as a deep threat guy and probably not very often. but that is secondary to the real usefulness he has and that is as a return guy. he's the first real return threat we've had in years. of course blocking has to improve, but we've just had projects and rookies returning the ball and aside from one or two miracle returns against STs that were even worse than ours (and i'm looking at pilares) it's just been pathetic who we've asked to do the job.

i think we got an upgrade at ST coach...not rodgers, but dehaven who is the asst. ST coach for now. that guy knows how to put STs together. i suspect he'll have the job by the end of the year. it's a joke that he's got to be rodgers assistant but whatever....point is that we've got better coaching and a better returner. blocking should be better. results should be better.

And who's the phantom #3 receiver you've got in mind?

another FA or an early draft pick. the #3 isn't on the roster right now.

#83 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,519 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:27 PM

now give me denario alexander

Talk about a coup

#84 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,526 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:31 PM

Are people not tired of waiting for stupid unrealistic crap that isn't going to happen?

"Imagine what Proehl can do with him!!!"

What is our first year WR coach going to do with a guy who had one two catches for one yard last year? Has he never had a position coach before?

I like Ricky as much as the next guy but he isn't king midas. There's only so much you can do with poo-poo.

What's wrong with Ginn being signed to simply be a great returner? Why are people so resistant to the idea of adding legitimate talent at the receiver position like every other team instead of this lunatical idea that this is year he finally "gets it" or "maybe this late round pick is a gem."

The Carolina Panthers of the past decade are the only team who built their roster on dreams and fantasies. It's time to be serious.

#85 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 9,138 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:33 PM

Hell I'll chip in some of my own money if it means we sign Danario Alexander.

#86 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 18,449 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:34 PM

Well in those I formations he will but he passing situations I believe they will relieve him of his duties. I definitely don't want Keuchly covering a tight end. The dude is smart but if it's not a double team, it will be the same scenario it has been the past recent years.

They might also move Thomas Davis to his old SLB position where he was good at covering TEs. I'm not sure if he can still do that though, depends on training camp.

#87 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,442 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

Talk about a coup

24 years old with 5 knee surgeries..

#88 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,736 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:42 PM

Well, a good QB makes all the difference in the world and fitting what a team does.

Pair Steve Smith with Clausen and you would be lucky to see 500 yards and 1 TD from Smith.

Pair Syndey Rice with Brett Favre and magically he is a huge playmaker after doing diddly poo prior

#89 Gabeking

Gabeking

• HUDDLER
  • 3,345 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:42 PM

Problem is you need blocking to get those numbers.

Agreed.

#90 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 18,449 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:43 PM

Now go sign Boothe god dammit!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com