Photo
- - - - -

The Bucs and Revis

first rounder second rounder

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#25 panthers04100

panthers04100

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:13 PM

Doesn't change the fact that their qb is josh freeman.

#26 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:55 PM

Schiano is building a very good defense. Whether or not that will do enough to put them over the top remains to be seen. At least you have to give him credit for having balls. He is staking his future on moves like this.

#27 Kakarot

Kakarot

Aggie Pride!

HUDDLER

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:56 PM

Tampa making moves. That secondary of there's is going to be really good already, but you add Revis in there and it just gets better. It's a risk to make a move like this though. He is coming back from an ACL injury

#28 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

HUDDLER

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:24 PM

I would love this. The Bucs keep pouring SO many resources into their secondary lol. I guess thats what you do when you have a QB that melts like clockwork every year.

Bring it though, put every penny into fielding the greatest secondary in the NFL and just forget about ur front 7. Cam will have a field day trucking these DBs.

#29 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:33 PM

did it happen?

just wonder what those guys are going do for a pass rush. count on revis to cover everyone?

this would be one team i wouldn't run against at all. send out 3 or 4 receivers every down.

this is an old school defense built to handle the run first teams of the past...the old more traditional/conservative offenses with 2 in the backfield and only one or two receivers going out....you know, the one that people in here would wish we were running while the rest of the league is running air attack spread offenses.

you kill the bucs thru the air while schiano buries his head in the sand thinking that the key to winning is still run the ball, stop the run.

sure...revis will keep smitty occupied, but it's just one guy.

all that said, i expect rivera to game manage to the bucs strength so we get beat by them again. playing a good run D with a shutdown corner? run, run, pass to smitty, punt. that should work.

#30 bhardin81

bhardin81

• Pip
ROOKIE

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:58 PM

What are the jets needs in the draft? Since they would be gaining the two picks ahead of us, it may change who's available.

#31 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:02 PM

all that said, i expect rivera to game manage to the bucs strength so we get beat by them again. playing a good run D with a shutdown corner? run, run, pass to smitty, punt. that should work.

We may want to run the ball first, pass second. But we want to be balanced as well. If the run game works this game, the pass the next. Whatever gets you a win.

Go with what is working, it would go a long way toward relieving my fears about Rivera.

#32 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:08 PM

We may want to run the ball first, pass second. But we want to be balanced as well. If the run game works this game, the pass the next. Whatever gets you a win.

Go with what is working, it would go a long way toward relieving my fears about Rivera.

we don't need balance against an imbalanced defense like tampa's. you need to go all out and exploit their weaknesses.

#33 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:12 PM

we don't need balance against an imbalanced defense like tampa's. you need to go all out and exploit their weaknesses.

I meant balanced as in being able to do both. I agreee they need to be consistently more aggressive. I do think Rivera was getting better at it towards the last half of the year.

Exploit was the opposition does worse should be a given. Wishful thinking some times.