Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CamNewton316

Keenan Allen to work out with panthers April 9

352 posts in this topic

I like Hopkins better than him..or consider them similar prospects. Austin and Patterson offer the wow factor and justin Hunter probally comes in third in wow with 6'5 and 4.3 speed with good hands.

Allen at 14th?! Good luck with that one. His stock has dropped since he skipped out on the combine and on pro day. I don't see him being taken in the first round at all.

Undersized?

He's got good size, good speed, good hands, good understanding of the game.

I'd say he's undeniably the most complete wideout in the class and has a skillset that's better suited to NFL play rather than college ball-which is more than some other notable receiving prospects in this years draft can say.

agreed.

i wouldn't call him dynamic, but i would call him one of the most reliable and solid and even safe WRs in the draft this year. might even consider it a safe kuechly type draft pick. not entirely sexy, but solid nonetheless.

if the guy has the ricky proehl stamp of approval, that might carry some weight.

I'm most interested in seeing him in our offense. Cal asked him to be something he wasn't. You rarely see him go down the field, instead you see a lot of dink and dunk passes (whether that was systemic or a crutch for their atrocious QB play I couldn't tell you) and make crazy YAC type plays and that's just not the type of receiver he is.

Our offense would allow him to use his size and speed to get down the field and make big catches with those great hands on big plays. He'd be a great fit here.

agreed.

i wouldn't call him dynamic, but i would call him one of the most reliable and solid and even safe WRs in the draft this year. might even consider it a safe kuechly type draft pick. not entirely sexy, but solid nonetheless.

if the guy has the ricky proehl stamp of approval, that might carry some weight.

1 person likes this

I'd prefer a combo like:

14: Warmack/Cooper

44: Rogers/Hunter/Patton

or

14: Austin

44: Warford

Allen at 14th?! Good luck with that one. His stock has dropped since he skipped out on the combine and on pro day. I don't see him being taken in the first round at all.

skipped out? lol you make it sound like he's a bum.

people who were paying attention knew that it wasn't going to be until april 9th that he showed teams what he could do.

btw...that april 9th workout isn't just for us. proehl is running it and it's at his place, but it's open for all teams.

Link said he has an individual workout with us the following day

skipped out? lol you make it sound like he's a bum.

people who were paying attention knew that it wasn't going to be until april 9th that he showed teams what he could do.

btw...that april 9th workout isn't just for us. proehl is running it and it's at his place, but it's open for all teams.

Point? If you don't show up, it still affects your draft stock -- nevermind the fact that he's recovering from a knee injury. Currently, there a number of WRs that are ahead of Allen. Unless he blows them all away, Keenan ain't going 14th overall.

i been on the Allen train since oct.has been the #1wr since stepping on campus.works hard, decent routes, hand catcher caught 90+ balls as a soph then caught 60 balls with missing 3 games.

I like Keenan a lot, but I don't see him being that #1 threat to replace Smitty. I think he'll be very, very good though.

Some things to consider:

-local kid

-Rivera-Cal connection

-strong relationship with our position coach

-talented player at position of need

-team has shown large interest in giving a legitimate upgrade at the position

I'd say he's a real possibility.