351 replies to this topic

#16 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,475 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:12 PM

He always seemed mediocre when I watched Cal games this year. Even his YouTube highlight reel isn't overly impressive. But I didn't want to draft Kuechly either so fug me I guess.

#17 Cracka McNasty

Cracka McNasty

WWNPHD?

• HUDDLER
  • 3,581 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:13 PM

So here's the deal. I don't want him, we already have one undersized receiver, even if he plays as big as megatron. I also didn't want cam or keeks so if we draft him, he will obviously be good.

#18 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,937 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:15 PM

So here's the deal. I don't want him, we already have one undersized receiver, even if he plays as big as megatron. I also didn't want cam or keeks so if we draft him, he will obviously be good.

undersized?

#19 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,280 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:16 PM

So here's the deal. 6'2 isn't undersized.

#20 ZackAttack23

ZackAttack23

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:16 PM

I'd take him in 2nd round, but not before.

#21 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:22 PM

This guy had a shitty QB his entire college career and still balled. You naysayers keep talkin him down. He is better than you think

#22 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,859 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:26 PM

Undersized?

He's got good size, good speed, good hands, good understanding of the game.

I'd say he's undeniably the most complete wideout in the class and has a skillset that's better suited to NFL play rather than college ball-which is more than some other notable receiving prospects in this years draft can say.

#23 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,265 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:31 PM

He's a second round talent (perhaps third with his recent knee injury) but I prefer Rogers.

#24 BigBeezy

BigBeezy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:34 PM

If he's healthy and has a solid workout on April 9th, I would take him at 14 and not look back. We can go DL in the 2nd, especially considering the depth at that position.

#25 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 5,565 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:40 PM

I like Hopkins better than him..or consider them similar prospects. Austin and Patterson offer the wow factor and justin Hunter probally comes in third in wow with 6'5 and 4.3 speed with good hands.

#26 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,265 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:40 PM

Allen at 14th?! Good luck with that one. His stock has dropped since he skipped out on the combine and on pro day. I don't see him being taken in the first round at all.

#27 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,937 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:48 PM

Undersized?

He's got good size, good speed, good hands, good understanding of the game.

I'd say he's undeniably the most complete wideout in the class and has a skillset that's better suited to NFL play rather than college ball-which is more than some other notable receiving prospects in this years draft can say.

agreed.

i wouldn't call him dynamic, but i would call him one of the most reliable and solid and even safe WRs in the draft this year. might even consider it a safe kuechly type draft pick. not entirely sexy, but solid nonetheless.

if the guy has the ricky proehl stamp of approval, that might carry some weight.

#28 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,859 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:55 PM

I'm most interested in seeing him in our offense. Cal asked him to be something he wasn't. You rarely see him go down the field, instead you see a lot of dink and dunk passes (whether that was systemic or a crutch for their atrocious QB play I couldn't tell you) and make crazy YAC type plays and that's just not the type of receiver he is.

Our offense would allow him to use his size and speed to get down the field and make big catches with those great hands on big plays. He'd be a great fit here.

agreed.

i wouldn't call him dynamic, but i would call him one of the most reliable and solid and even safe WRs in the draft this year. might even consider it a safe kuechly type draft pick. not entirely sexy, but solid nonetheless.

if the guy has the ricky proehl stamp of approval, that might carry some weight.

#29 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• HUDDLER
  • 5,830 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:04 PM

I'd prefer a combo like:

14: Warmack/Cooper
44: Rogers/Hunter/Patton

or

14: Austin
44: Warford

#30 Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:04 PM

that was a good post, Mr. Growl

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.