Photo
- - - - -

Keenan Allen to work out with panthers April 9

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
351 replies to this topic

#265 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:24 PM

I'm hoping Fisher, Johnson, Star, or Millner drop to us in the first.

There's enough WR talent in the second round to acquire a solid weapon. DT may not even be a target anymore since we resigned Dwan.

#266 Dash Global

Dash Global

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:00 AM

There's enough WR talent in the second round to acquire a solid weapon. DT may not even be a target anymore since we resigned Dwan.

That isnt happening.

#267 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

HUDDLER

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:06 AM

Dt is definitely still a need.

#268 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:10 AM

Dt is definitely still a need.

Not really. If Gettleman feels that Kearse and Cole are good enough, then he'll forgo drafting a DT. Keep in mind, Dave is a tape guru and brilliant in-house evaluator. So our needs at NT weigh on how well they preformed in Gettleman's eyes.

#269 Dash Global

Dash Global

HUDDLER

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:12 AM

Kearse and Cole are only short term fixes. I think they do little in regards to who we will be drafting.

We need to find talented young guys to man those positions.

#270 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:13 AM

That isnt happening.

Ngata was supposed to go in the Top 5 but slipped down to 13th. Never say never. Draft Day is always unpredictable.

#271 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

HUDDLER

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:15 AM

Man there are just so many better players we can get at 14 imo. I know building around Cam is what we're doing but there's not a single WR in this draft I'm in love with.

That could possibly be true, but at the same time we cant keep pushing if off either. We are never gonna be in a position again where we can grab the best receiver in the draft unless we pull of a Atlanta type trade or spend a load of money in FA. Julio and AJ Green are supreme talents but we cant look at all prospects after them like they are not good enough if they arent on their level. Some players just need a little development and they can reach that potential or a better cast around them. I agree this class is not AS talented but there is SOME talent there, and that might be all we need when Cam is QB and the only other talent being Smitty at receiver.

#272 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

HUDDLER

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:15 AM

Not really. If Gettleman feels that Kearse and Cole are good enough, then he'll forgo drafting a DT. Keep in mind, Dave is a tape guru and brilliant in-house evaluator. So our needs at NT weigh on how well they preformed in Gettleman's eyes.

Yes really. Cole hasn't played football in a year and a half. In my mind he is Jyles Tucker of this year. And it's way to soon to depend on Krease being anything but a rotational player. There is no way any GM worth his salt looks at this roster and not think DT is a serious need.

#273 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:16 AM

Kearse and Cole are only short term fixes. I think they do little in regards to who we will be drafting.

We need to find talented young guys to man those positions.

Says you, but Rivera has been quite taken by improved play since returning from the practice squad. Like I said, if Getts is confident enough in Kearse and Cole, then don't count on a DT being selected in the first two rounds.

#274 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:18 AM

Yes really. Cole hasn't played football in a year and a half. In my mind he is Jyles Tucker of this year. And it's way to soon to depend on Krease being anything but a rotational player. There is no way any GM worth his salt looks at this roster and not think DT is a serious need.

Once again, it all depends on how Gettleman views the situation. If he feels comfortable with the DTs he has at his disposal then we fans are just gonna have to accept his judgement.

#275 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

HUDDLER

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:19 AM

Says you, but Rivera has been quite taken by improved play since returning from the practice squad. Like I said, if Getts is confident enough in Kearse and Cole, then don't count on a DT being selected in the first two rounds.

There is no way he and Rivera are that stupid. Rivera has already made this mistake in 2011 of not taking the DT position serious. He won't do that again.

#276 Dash Global

Dash Global

HUDDLER

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:22 AM

I actually like Kearse. I wouldnt draft a NT with the first 2 picks with our other needs.

I think the job of a NT is not hard to find later in the draft or in FA. (holding the point of attack and generating a push)

NT and OG are not PP in my mind.

As we saw a huge improvement in our run D when we added Edwards.