#46 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,541 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:41 PM

And his tape for the 2012 season was average. I didn't see anything special from Allen whatsoever. As far as I'm concerned, Keenan is on par with Bailey, Rogers and Hopkins. All four possess decent hands and above average route-running capabilities but they're not explosive and aren't overwhelming talents.

so what about the years before 2012? his entire body of work is decent, but he caught 98 balls as a sophomore in a pro style offense. he is a better run after catch guy then those guys you listed and had worst QB play. was not asked to run deep routes much but when he did, he got open.

#47 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,660 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:44 PM

I would say so. Allen is a physical receiver. He tends to fight DBs for extra yards moreso than trying to make them miss.

I know this is a highlight tape, but start at :50 seconds in. As well as the first couple of seconds where he jumps over somebody. The dude is shifty.

#48 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,814 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:49 PM

If we draft him i will look forward to the crow threads later on this year. That will be 3 years running.

#49 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,881 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:54 PM

so what about the years before 2012? his entire body of work is decent, but he caught 98 balls as a sophomore in a pro style offense. he is a better run after catch guy then those guys you listed and had worst QB play. was not asked to run deep routes much but when he did, he got open.

Rogers played on a D-II squad with a mediocre QB and still managed to amass 1000+ yards.

Yeah, he had a good sophomore season but the NFL is about the: "what have you done lately?" philosophy. The fact is Bailey finished 1000+ yards with 25 touchdowns and Hopkins 1000+ yards with 18 touchdowns. Not to mention they all had very solid combines.

What Allen did in 2011 doesn't count. These WR prospects put up more impressive numbers and aren't coming off an injury.

#50 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,467 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:56 PM

"Guys he put up 1000 yards even though he was playing in D-2! How can you not see the light?!?"

#51 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,467 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:57 PM

Clemson sucks

#52 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,881 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:59 PM

I know this is a highlight tape, but start at :50 seconds in. As well as the first couple of seconds where he jumps over somebody. The dude is shifty.

Not enough though. He'll get his share of jukes and spins occasionally but he's not elusive. NFL speed is also 2x faster than what we see with these DBs and LBs. I seriously doubt Allen will be making defenders miss on a regular basis in the NFL. He doesn't possess Patterson or Austin speed and agility.

#53 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,660 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:00 PM

Not enough though. He'll get his share of jukes and spins occasionally but he's not elusive. NFL speed is also 2x faster than what we see with these DBs and LBs. I seriously doubt Allen will be making defenders miss on a regular basis in the NFL. He doesn't possess Patterson or Austin speed and agility.

Those two are exceptions to the rule, though. I think he will be making defenders miss on a regular basis, but agree to disagree.

#54 TopCat

TopCat

Swerve

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

He works with Proehl at IMG right? Anyone know if maybe he's worked out with Cam?

#55 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,881 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

"Guys he put up 1000 yards even though he was playing in D-2! How can you not see the light?!?"

I'm sorry, the adults are talking. Hush child.

#56 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,790 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:04 PM

Allen has been underrated as of late. I'd be down to draft him come April. Austin is such an over hyped guy..Just don't get why that is.

I'd take Allen over Austin, I'd take Allen over Patterson too.

#57 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,881 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:05 PM

Those two are exceptions to the rule, though. I think he will be making defenders miss on a regular basis, but agree to disagree.

I see Allen breaking tackles and running over DBs at the next level regularly, not outflanking them. He doesn't possess that type of agility and footwork. Agree to disagree.

#58 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,467 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:06 PM

I'm sorry, the adults are talking. Hush child.

Lol PF has spent the entire week getting abused by the vast majority of posters here, has picked his shots in this thread by avoiding any poster he clearly deemed as smarter than him, and has developed a reputation for fabricating crap out of thin air and has literally tried to support such strawman arguments with nonsense so laughable like the quote I made above that it drew a literal vocal mocking laugh out of me

The fact that he thinks an insult from him would be anything less than comical is amusing in itself

#59 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,467 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:08 PM

What Allen did in 2011 doesn't count.

lol

#60 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,881 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:08 PM

Rogers is perhaps the biggest sleeper in this draft regarding the WR position in my opinion. He's incredibly athletic and is quite physical with DBs. I love the meanstreak he plays with every game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com