#31 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:04 PM

Exceptions to every thing....

Look at the 2 teams in the Superbowl the last 5 years. Majority of those 10 are going to be offense driven

Not really?? You have the Pats in a few but you have a defensive team like the Giants beating them. GB made it when there defense was good and played the Steelers. Steelers also beat Zona. So it's more of a mix bag then you're giving credit to.

CRa go down the list of Playoff teams from this year and see how many teams had a higher ranked defense to offense and visa versa.

#32 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,293 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:15 PM

Not really?? You have the Pats in a few but you have a defensive team like the Giants beating them. GB made it when there defense was good and played the Steelers. Steelers also beat Zona. So it's more of a mix bag then you're giving credit to.

CRa go down the list of Playoff teams from this year and see how many teams had a higher ranked defense to offense and visa versa.

Ravens weren't a defensive team - ranked 17th

Giants before that were ranked 27th and beat the
31st ranked squad.

There are always examples to dispute anything....league is still slanted to the offense now.

#33 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,942 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:28 PM

2 top defenses in the Superbowl not great offences.

The Ravens' defense was less than stellar, and the Super Bowl victory was all about offense. Both team's put up darned good offensive displays, and generally stepped up their offense in the postseason.

#34 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,293 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:29 PM

31st ranked squad.

There are always examples to dispute anything....league is still slanted to the offense now.

#35 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,711 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:31 PM

He's a tool because he's not sucking our teams dick? It's true, our FA has been terrible as usual. Everyone in the division has gotten better but us.

James Anderson, is that you?

#36 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:33 PM

In fairness....all we have done is lose Chris Gamble and sign weak secondary players and a return man.

All in all, that makes us a little worse....

You forgot downgraded the offensive coaching staff.

#37 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:45 PM

31st ranked squad.

The ravens and Giants were injured most of the season but as their defense got healthy we all know the story.

You still haven't shown the list of rankings of defense to offences that made the playoff.

#38 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:46 PM

The Ravens' defense was less than stellar, and the Super Bowl victory was all about offense. Both team's put up darned good offensive displays, and generally stepped up their offense in the postseason.

What was ranked higher their defenses or offences?

#39 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• HUDDLER
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:52 PM

I love the fact that CJ is smiling over the loss of Bushrod. That once formidable line protecting Brees making him untouchable might make the $120 million dollar man more susceptible to getting hit hard on Sundays now. Me likey.

#40 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 3,869 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:00 PM

Panthers fans opinion of sports writers

When they same something nice: He's awesome

When they say something negative: he's tool/douche/insert insult here

Honestly Pat Y and Gantt are the two best ones we have and they are both good at their job, I also agree with Pat Y on this but what did you expect with no cap room

#41 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,942 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:23 PM

What was ranked higher their defenses or offences?

We've already been through this. If the hard stats and rankings were any indication, then the Ravens should not be Super Bowl Champions. They ultimately ranked worse than the Panthers. Go figure that. Stop trying to use the same old points to bolster your convoluted rationale. It's not as complicated as you're trying to make it sound. The Ravens and the 49ers came down to offense.

#42 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,547 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:27 PM

Panthers fans opinion of sports writers

When they same something nice: He's awesome

When they say something negative: he's tool/douche/insert insult here

Honestly Pat Y and Gantt are the two best ones we have and they are both good at their job, I also agree with Pat Y on this but what did you expect with no cap room

Yasinskas when he was with The Observer was good.

Yasinskas with ESPN is careless and lazy when it comes to Panthers reporting.

This offseason alone, you've got his continual assertions that Brandon Beane was in the mix for GM when he never really was, plus his comment that Dave Gettleman had never been a college scout.

When it comes to the Panthers, Yasinskas just doesn't seem to care whether he gets the facts right or not, and that makes for a lousy reporter.

#43 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 3,869 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:32 PM

Yasinskas when he was with The Observer was good.

Yasinskas with ESPN is careless and lazy when it comes to Panthers reporting.

This offseason alone, you've got his continual assertions that Brandon Beane was in the mix for GM when he never really was, plus his comment that Dave Gettleman had never been a college scout.

When it comes to the Panthers, Yasinskas just doesn't seem to care whether he gets the facts right or not, and that makes for a lousy reporter.

cant be perfect all the time, I'd hate for someone to ridicule my job with the same veracity, but with that said the Beane thing was silly

#44 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,547 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:35 PM

cant be perfect all the time, I'd hate for someone to ridicule my job with the same veracity, but with that said the Beane thing was silly

He's a sports reporter. Getting the facts right is his whole job.

And the Gettleman thing? All he had to do was read his bio. Heck, I read his bio. So did half the people on this board (or more) and nobody was paying us to do it.

#45 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,162 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:35 PM

Yeah I sure would hate to be held accountable for my job too

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.