#211 SooSlow84

SooSlow84

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationYour mother's basement

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:04 AM

that's what he had with buffalo and what he came here with. hasn't been updated yet.

He obviously only came here with a one year deal,not four. He played only last year and hit free agency.

#212 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,184 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:07 AM

I think Fairley is well on his way to Bust Town.

2012: 34 tackles, 5.5 sacks, 2 ff

Are you sure he's well on his way to busting? He had a damn good season last year and at times (GB particular), he dominated. And dont give me poo about how he's playing beside Suh. The kid can play and if he can get his head straight, he will be a force. I think Fairly will be better than Gerald McCoy at the end of the day.

#213 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:09 AM

I think people are selling Richardson a little short around here but I don't feel like arguing that point. But Sly Williams could be a option with a trade down and I still think DB is a option in the 1st 2 rounds as well.

Richardson is horrible when they run directly at him. It is his one major flaw, but one that I consider a very big issue that overshadows his athleticism and ability to penetrate.

#214 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,125 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:38 AM

What defensive theory works the best?

1.Having elite defensive ends that make the qb step up in the pocket, which cause dt to get sacks?

2.Having dt pressure and push the qb outside so the de can get sacks?

#215 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 8,816 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:43 AM

1.Having elite defensive ends that make the qb step up in the pocket, which cause dt to get sacks?

1 and 2

#216 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,817 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:50 AM

Defensive ends rush from the edge. Defensive tackles get interior pressure so that the quarterback isn't able to step up in the pocket and avoid the edge rush.

Who gets him? Whoever's closest.

#217 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:03 PM

He obviously only came here with a one year deal,not four. He played only last year and hit free agency.

its what he had at buffalo. it's the deal he was under when he came here. they never updated his contract here.

#218 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:14 PM

I wonder if he got 2 years? Doubt it, but it would be nice

#219 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 7,787 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:31 PM

Well this was nice to wake up to.

#220 vorbis

vorbis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:33 PM

its what he had at buffalo. it's the deal he was under when he came here. they never updated his contract here.

this is a mistake i made, actually. all the contracts websites had dwan listed under his old salary and contract structure, but as he was a vested veteran, that contract turned to dust when he was released. i erroneously thought he had been signed to a new 2 year deal with carolina when he signed here, but it clearly was a 1 year deal for 1.5M. the contract websites never had him listed at the correct salary.

#221 BigBeezy

BigBeezy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:33 PM

I think some here believe that if a guy doesn't come in and put up Suh or Atkins-like numbers instantly at DT that it makes them a bust, those guys are ELITE. There's much more that goes into playing in the trenches than just sack totals and DT is one of the hardest positions to come in and put up big numbers early on. Some of the guys being mentioned as busts are far from it.

With that said, I'm glad we re-signed Dwan without overpaying. I'd expect an OL to be the next pick-up in FA. Solid job by Gettleman thus far, all things considered.

Also, I'm with others in that I'd like to see us go after Alan Branch. He's solid against the run, which is what we need.

#222 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Post Draught Hangover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,453 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:39 PM

Drew Bree's? #2

RG3? #1

Mobile QBs require you to set the edge while pocket passers are disrupted by pressure up the middle. In today's league you should have a balance of both.

#223 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,817 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:02 PM

Drew Bree's? #2

RG3? #1

Mobile QBs require you to set the edge while pocket passers are disrupted by pressure up the middle. In today's league you should have a balance of both.

Against a QB who's a serious run threat, most DCs these days will employ what they call a "mush rush". The rushers don't necessarily slow down, but they do concentrate more on maintaining rush lanes and contain.

They'll still throw an occasional all out blitz in there just to rattle them, of course. And as often as not at least one defender from the back seven (usually a linebacker) will serve as a "spy" just in case they do take off.

It's generally the best approach, though Tampa under Monte Kiffin manhandled Vick pretty well by bringing heavy pressure from his left and forcing him to the right. Left handed Vick couldn't throw well when he ran right. They still kept a spy on that side to contain him of course.

That strategy might be a little chancy against a QB who's also a good passer. It worked well against Vick though, primarily because they knew Vick's pass game wasn't that great a threat as long as you had someone who could cover Alge Crumpler.

#224 Panthers69473

Panthers69473

THE HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:45 PM

Against a QB who's a serious run threat, most DCs these days will employ what they call a "mush rush". The rushers don't necessarily slow down, but they do concentrate more on maintaining rush lanes and contain.

They'll still throw an occasional all out blitz in there just to rattle them, of course. And as often as not at least one defender from the back seven (usually a linebacker) will serve as a "spy" just in case they do take off.

It's generally the best approach, though Tampa under Monte Kiffin manhandled Vick pretty well by bringing heavy pressure from his left and forcing him to the right. Left handed Vick couldn't throw well when he ran right. They still kept a spy on that side to contain him of course.

That strategy might be a little chancy against a QB who's also a good passer. It worked well against Vick though, primarily because they knew Vick's pass game wasn't that great a threat as long as you had someone who could cover Alge Crumpler.

Yea vick had some pretty terrible weapons when he was with atl so that didn't help. Alge and dunn were really the only other threats his wrs were mike jenkins and some dude named ashley lilly if I remember right lmao.

#225 Panthers69473

Panthers69473

THE HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:45 PM

Yea vick had some pretty terrible weapons when he was with atl so that didn't help. Alge and dunn were really the only other threats his wrs were mike jenkins and some dude named ashley lilly if I remember right lmao.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.