• Please log in to reply
231 replies to this topic

#106 ZackAttack23

ZackAttack23

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:02 PM

I've seen Dwan in the Harris Teeter I work at in Tega Cay twice! I've even bagged some groceries for him! Guess this means I will see more of him. And no, I'm not a stalker.

#107 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,056 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:04 PM

I still think it's crazy not to take advantage of 1 of the best DT drafts in years. Many teams will find 10 years starters this year.

I love this draft, but Im not going to go as far as to say that many teams are going to find many 10yrs starters in this draft. You never know what will happen. Injuries, finding the right system, etc. Remember, Alualu, Marvin Austin, Stephen Paea, Ziggy, Jerry, Dorsey, and Ellis all looked really good coming out. They never lived up to be the prospect they were coming out. Never know, maybe Floyd, Star, and Richardson could all bust. If I had to pick one, I would take Star. I think he has the least chance to bust.

I would love to add Alan Branch if Gettleman could somehow pull that out (not likely). Branch is a great NT with tremendous size. He would easily be our best NT in years. I would feel SAFER to have two vet DTs starting in 2013 than a rookie and Dwan, and I would think that Kuechly would love that more. Rookies are almost certain to struggle at DTs their 1st year. Fua might see more PT than he should if we were to go and draft a DT at 14 or 44. Not something I wanna see.

#108 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,481 posts
  • LocationS.L.R.C.

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:05 PM

Best off season in decades.

#109 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,245 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:05 PM

If he comes out at his pro day and runs a sub 4.5 time he will be a top 15 selection. People forget he was a top 10 prospect till he got injured....

Hankins was considered a Top 15 prospect earlier this year too. That didn't last.

Allen would have to run a 4.44 and possess a 40' vertical to beat out Rogers and Hopkins. Considering we've worked out Austin, Hopkins, and Bailey, Keenan has to shine on his pro day to solidify a first round grade.

#110 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• HUDDLER
  • 9,957 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:06 PM

I've seen Dwan in the Harris Teeter I work at in Tega Cay twice! I've even bagged some groceries for him! Guess this means I will see more of him. And no, I'm not a stalker.

Do you work with bwood?

#111 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,886 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:07 PM

This is how it's done boys... great to have Dwan back (at the right price)

#112 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,056 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:07 PM

Do you work with bwood?

Bwood work at Walmart

#113 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,125 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:09 PM

Naw he's a mall cop. he said it......

#114 BombzAway

BombzAway

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:12 PM

Simple
http://espn.go.com/n...osition/defense

All the top 4 out of the 5 top defense have good DT play.

1. Pitt - Hampton (R1-19)

3. San fran - Sopauga (R4-104) and Justin Smith (R1-4)

4. Seattle - Red Byrant (R4-121), Alan Branch (R2-33), Rocky Benard (R5-146)

5. Chicago - Melton (R4-105) and Paea (R2-53)

Plain simple if you want a top defense you better have good DT play.

Just for perspective I added the round those DT's were picked (although Smith was DE coming out).

#115 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:13 PM

I love this draft, but Im not going to go as far as to say that many teams are going to find many 10yrs starters in this draft. You never know what will happen. Injuries, finding the right system, etc. Remember, Alualu, Marvin Austin, Stephen Paea, Ziggy, Jerry, Dorsey, and Ellis all looked really good coming out. They never lived up to be the prospect they were coming out. Never know, maybe Floyd, Star, and Richardson could all bust. If I had to pick one, I would take Star. I think he has the least chance to bust.

I would love to add Alan Branch if Gettleman could somehow pull that out (not likely). Branch is a great NT with tremendous size. He would easily be our best NT in years. I would feel SAFER to have two vet DTs starting in 2013 than a rookie and Dwan, and I would think that Kuechly would love that more. Rookies are almost certain to struggle at DTs their 1st year. Fua might see more PT than he should if we were to go and draft a DT at 14 or 44. Not something I wanna see.

The sheer quantity of talented DT coming out this year is the difference. The depth at the position will atleast provide 8 to 9 10 year starters. I'm willing to bet anybody on that.

#116 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 4,201 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:14 PM

No we shouldn't reach for a player just because it's a position of perceived need. You win games by putting the best football players on the field. I love Williams at a NT prospect, but 14 is too high for him....

Get Sylvester Williams in the 2nd round, problem solved.

#117 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,056 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:15 PM

The sheer quantity of talented DT coming out this year is the difference. The depth at the position will atleast provide 8 to 9 10 year starters. I'm willing to bet anybody on that.

8-9 DTs????

#118 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:16 PM

Get Sylvester Williams in the 2nd round, problem solved.

I'm pretty sure he's not going to be there.

#119 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,125 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Yeah, I like Williams.

#120 ZackAttack23

ZackAttack23

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Do you work with bwood?

Don't believe so lol. I'm saving up for college.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.