Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ron Rivera: "We are more than coaches, we are mentors, teachers and instructors."

38 posts in this topic

Posted

Oh, of course. Everyone knows football is more important than life :rolleyes:

And hey, so what if they slap women around once in a while? As long as they get it done on the football field, a little domestic violence is no big deal, right? :blink:

(you know, I'd like to believe people aren't really this stupid, but I swear...) :(

hahaha omg. Okay, these people are 22+ years old i would hope that at the age of 22 you had your values in place and didnt need another authority figure to tell you what you should and shouldnt think. Maybe you were a little slower on the intelligence curve than the average so in that case, you'll learn soon.

Posted

hahaha omg. Okay, these people are 22+ years old i would hope that at the age of 22 you had your values in place and didnt need another authority figure to tell you what you should and shouldnt think. Maybe you were a little slower on the intelligence curve than the average so in that case, you'll learn soon.

It's a seminar for high school coaches.

Were the students where you attended high school over the age of 22?

(granted, reading these posts does actually make that scenario seem plausible) :unsure:

Maybe you should actually read the story before saying anything else. Though truthfully, you could have gotten the age range right just by reading the initial post, which apparently you didn't.

Posted

I can't believe some of the jackasses on here that only care about football. Show some fuging respect. Rivera is one of the nicest, greatest and most respected men in the NFL. He is getting a hang of this head coaching thing. He honestly hasn't had much to work with and has done more with it than most could. Take your whiney cry all day about everything selfs elsewhere

2 people like this

Posted

wished I read this before I beat my wife....oh well...

Posted

You're a fuging genius.

You are right. I should clarify, I read the OP and quote, not just thread title fwiw. Still think Rivera is a terrible game manager.

Posted

It's a seminar for high school coaches.

Were the students where you attended high school over the age of 22?

(granted, reading these posts does actually make that scenario seem plausible) :unsure:

Maybe you should actually read the story before saying anything else. Though truthfully, you could have gotten the age range right just by reading the initial post, which apparently you didn't.

Haha you are right! I am sorry. ive been drinking since the tourney games started and i didnt even read the article. Sorry bro.

Posted

I laughed at the notion that a 22 year old has fully developed mentally/emotionally.

Posted

I hope Rivera can regain my faith in him. I wanna see the man succeed as a HC in this league. He needs to prove why he was the guy hired for this job. Lets go 2013. A new season to be optimistic about.

1 person likes this

Posted

Haha you are right! I am sorry. ive been drinking since the tourney games started and i didnt even read the article. Sorry bro.

No problem. You're good.

Kudos for posting the Edwards story.

Posted

1781644.jpg

I grew up on the same base Ron Rivera did as a kid. I will always want to see him do well. Especially as long as he is the coach of the Carolina Panthers....

1 person likes this

Posted

The article is about combatting domestic violence.

Exactly, Ron is saying that you should never beat anyone.

Ba-dum-hiss!

Posted

Off the field actions can tarnish the brand and the player. Stupid to ignore what they do away from the field.

However, I wish Rivera would teach in a manner that players understood during the first 10 games of the season.