Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fieryprophet

Ron Rivera: "We are more than coaches, we are mentors, teachers and instructors."

38 posts in this topic

Sometimes, it's just better to keep your mouth shut, and let people think your an idiot.

Some of the posts on this topic!

I see a lot of you didn't read.

And hey, so what if they slap women around once in a while? As long as they get it done on the football field, a little domestic violence is no big deal, right? :blink:

Yeah.

Wait..are we talking like 9-7 getting it done or like NFC championship?

Kidding!

1781644.jpg

I grew up on the same base Ron Rivera did as a kid. I will always want to see him do well. Especially as long as he is the coach of the Carolina Panthers....

Cool. i lived in pacific grove for a while. They actually make you park in Fort Ord for the US Open at pebble beach. There are signs around for landmines I think and they tell you not to mountain-bike around there.

1 person likes this

Cool. i lived in pacific grove for a while. They actually make you park in Fort Ord for the US Open at pebble beach. There are signs around for landmines I think and they tell you not to mountain-bike around there.

Yeah when I was a kid we use to sneak out into the restricted area and look for ammo that the soldiers left behind when they were in training... Mostly we would find M60 rounds and then we would make pipe bombs with co2 cartridges and blow them up. Those warning signs are ignored by most the locals though.........

I dont live in Monterey County anymore, I moved to San Jose but I still miss it....

I also went to the same Highschool (Seaside High), as Ron Rivera and Herman Edwards. We had a WR Michael Avila on are practice squad last year that went to Seaside High also, I actually use to go to school with his Brother AJ, I always wondered if Ron picked up Avila because of the hometown connection, Avila's Dad still coaches the Seaside High Varsity football team.

http://www.montereyc.../all-out-blitz/

here is a nice local article about Ron Rivera .

His first year at SHS (then a three-year high school) he was a scout-team center and starting linebacker. “He played with the roughest group of kids,” says current Seaside High Head Coach Alfred Avila, who graduated a few years ahead of Rivera. “Just nasty, like street kids. They beat up on him as a sophomore – he got smacked around. It helped toughen him up.”

Alfred Avila is the father of Michael Avila that was the WR on our practice squad.

Well, then I guess be teachers and mentors. HIRE a real coach to coach the players up!

Chico can keep on being a teacher.

hahaha omg. Okay, these people are 22+ years old i would hope that at the age of 22 you had your values in place and didnt need another authority figure to tell you what you should and shouldnt think. Maybe you were a little slower on the intelligence curve than the average so in that case, you'll learn soon.

How old are you? What is the excuse for your dearth of values and couth?

If the players wants Teachers and Instructors, they'd be in SCHOOL!!!!! Fuggn Chico with his dumb excuses again.

Be what JR hired you to be. A damn NFL HEAD COACH!!!

How old are you? What is the excuse for your dearth of values and couth?

Nailed it.

If the players wants Teachers and Instructors, they'd be in SCHOOL!!!!! Fuggn Chico with his dumb excuses again.

Be what JR hired you to be. A damn NFL HEAD COACH!!!

Stupid is as stupid does.

A teacher isn't always a coach but a coach is always a teacher.

1781644.jpg

I grew up on the same base Ron Rivera did as a kid. I will always want to see him do well. Especially as long as he is the coach of the Carolina Panthers....

Been there many times. I was across the bay at the Presidio. Thanks for the pic.