Photo
- - - - -

Ron Rivera: "We are more than coaches, we are mentors, teachers and instructors."

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#16 jackson113

jackson113

Poo talking mother fugging Jackson

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:32 PM

wished I read this before I beat my wife....oh well...

#17 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,969 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:35 PM

You're a fuging genius.

You are right. I should clarify, I read the OP and quote, not just thread title fwiw. Still think Rivera is a terrible game manager.

#18 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,842 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:36 PM

It's a seminar for high school coaches.

Were the students where you attended high school over the age of 22?

(granted, reading these posts does actually make that scenario seem plausible) :unsure:

Maybe you should actually read the story before saying anything else. Though truthfully, you could have gotten the age range right just by reading the initial post, which apparently you didn't.

Haha you are right! I am sorry. ive been drinking since the tourney games started and i didnt even read the article. Sorry bro.

#19 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,954 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:39 PM

I laughed at the notion that a 22 year old has fully developed mentally/emotionally.

#20 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:40 PM

I hope Rivera can regain my faith in him. I wanna see the man succeed as a HC in this league. He needs to prove why he was the guy hired for this job. Lets go 2013. A new season to be optimistic about.

#21 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,418 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:42 PM

Haha you are right! I am sorry. ive been drinking since the tourney games started and i didnt even read the article. Sorry bro.

No problem. You're good.

Kudos for posting the Edwards story.

#22 Keep Pounding

Keep Pounding

Smith & Wesson 460

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts
  • LocationIn your backyard!!!!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:02 PM

Posted Image

I grew up on the same base Ron Rivera did as a kid. I will always want to see him do well. Especially as long as he is the coach of the Carolina Panthers....

#23 Brokenbad

Brokenbad

Cam is my hero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,550 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:13 AM

The article is about combatting domestic violence.

Exactly, Ron is saying that you should never beat anyone.

Ba-dum-hiss!

#24 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 7,103 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:02 AM

Off the field actions can tarnish the brand and the player. Stupid to ignore what they do away from the field.

However, I wish Rivera would teach in a manner that players understood during the first 10 games of the season.

#25 Jai.

Jai.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:50 PM

Sometimes, it's just better to keep your mouth shut, and let people think your an idiot.

Some of the posts on this topic!

I see a lot of you didn't read.

#26 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,898 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:39 PM

And hey, so what if they slap women around once in a while? As long as they get it done on the football field, a little domestic violence is no big deal, right? :blink:

Yeah.

Wait..are we talking like 9-7 getting it done or like NFC championship?

Kidding!

#27 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,898 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:40 PM

Posted Image

I grew up on the same base Ron Rivera did as a kid. I will always want to see him do well. Especially as long as he is the coach of the Carolina Panthers....

Cool. i lived in pacific grove for a while. They actually make you park in Fort Ord for the US Open at pebble beach. There are signs around for landmines I think and they tell you not to mountain-bike around there.

#28 Keep Pounding

Keep Pounding

Smith & Wesson 460

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts
  • LocationIn your backyard!!!!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:01 PM

Cool. i lived in pacific grove for a while. They actually make you park in Fort Ord for the US Open at pebble beach. There are signs around for landmines I think and they tell you not to mountain-bike around there.

Yeah when I was a kid we use to sneak out into the restricted area and look for ammo that the soldiers left behind when they were in training... Mostly we would find M60 rounds and then we would make pipe bombs with co2 cartridges and blow them up. Those warning signs are ignored by most the locals though.........

I dont live in Monterey County anymore, I moved to San Jose but I still miss it....

I also went to the same Highschool (Seaside High), as Ron Rivera and Herman Edwards. We had a WR Michael Avila on are practice squad last year that went to Seaside High also, I actually use to go to school with his Brother AJ, I always wondered if Ron picked up Avila because of the hometown connection, Avila's Dad still coaches the Seaside High Varsity football team.

http://www.montereyc.../all-out-blitz/

here is a nice local article about Ron Rivera .

His first year at SHS (then a three-year high school) he was a scout-team center and starting linebacker. “He played with the roughest group of kids,” says current Seaside High Head Coach Alfred Avila, who graduated a few years ahead of Rivera. “Just nasty, like street kids. They beat up on him as a sophomore – he got smacked around. It helped toughen him up.”

Alfred Avila is the father of Michael Avila that was the WR on our practice squad.

#29 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:21 PM

Well, then I guess be teachers and mentors. HIRE a real coach to coach the players up!
Chico can keep on being a teacher.

#30 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,310 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:21 PM

hahaha omg. Okay, these people are 22+ years old i would hope that at the age of 22 you had your values in place and didnt need another authority figure to tell you what you should and shouldnt think. Maybe you were a little slower on the intelligence curve than the average so in that case, you'll learn soon.

How old are you? What is the excuse for your dearth of values and couth?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com