Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chief_Chokeaho

Expectations for next year?

97 posts in this topic

I honestly see it as another lame duck season. I don't feel Rivera is head coach material and the new GM now has a season to get a feel for the organization and hand pick his head coach.

How do you go from predicting a 13-3 season to lame duck status? You had us all drinking the kool-aid last summer.

I expected more from you at least.

How do you go from predicting a 13-3 season to lame duck status? You had us all drinking the kool-aid last summer.

I expected more from you at least.

Rivera showed some promise his first year, I thought we would continue to see improvement. Instead he got worse, much worse.

Pretty simple really.

Cam and Luke were better at the end of last season, than they were at the beginning.

If they both pick up where they left off, the Panthers will win a lot of games. Cam was one of the best QBs in the league making the offense one of the best. Luke was one of the best MLBs in the league, making the defense a very good unit. We need a fast/early start from both of these guys. And... find a respectable right guard.

Rivera showed some promise his first year, I thought we would continue to see improvement. Instead he got worse, much worse.

Pretty simple really.

don't forget that we also took a step backward in the OC department...not that we were stellar there to begin with.

Cam and Luke were better at the end of last season, than they were at the beginning.

If they both pick up where they left off, the Panthers will win a lot of games. Cam was one of the best QBs in the league making the offense one of the best. Luke was one of the best MLBs in the league, making the defense a very good unit. We need a fast/early start from both of these guys. And... find a respectable right guard.

same story pretty much every year.

we are typically better at the end of the season than at the beginning. based on history, until that actually changes and we start off where we left off, there's little reason to believe that we will do that...unless you have blind faith. this team has done nothing to warrant having that faith so far.

same story pretty much every year.

we are typically better at the end of the season than at the beginning. based on history, until that actually changes and we start off where we left off, there's little reason to believe that we will do that...unless you have blind faith. this team has done nothing to warrant having that faith so far.

True enough... just hoping these new, young leaders can change the flow. Plus we've added a few veterans in FA this year that could get significant playing time and change the attitude in the locker room.

To blind faith... and wishful thinking...

Pretty simple really.

I'm not requesting that you be a cheer leader or anything (although some pics of some would be appreciated), but I figured you could be a positive voice of reason among all the depressed, negative, and flat out defeated panther fans here. Don't you see anything that could be a glimmer of hope or should we save our sundays for something else?

• Topics

• I don't feel like we're a sleeper team. We are just mercurial as a franchise- up, down, and in the middle. I really do not know what to expect this year. As it's been said, the O-line is a big question mark. Our interior is good, but the tackle spot is a mystery. I wasn't and am still not high on the Lil Kalil signing, and not because of the contract. He has declined every year since his rookie year. Am I suppose to believe that he has really been chronically injured this whole time and now that he is here with Ryan he is suppose to magically be healthy and perform? I'm not saying it isn't possible- I'm not saying he's def going to suck either. I just have no clue. I think it's a big time gamble from Gman. I hope it works out. And I desperately want to be proved wrong about it too. I hope he fills the hole that's been there since Gross left as a long term solution. And the other thing that worries me that is the coaching staff. Everyone talks about Shula but I'm not high on RR. He took zero accountability in his post season presser- as apposed to Gman who acknowledged his mistakes. I've never really liked him- I'm really wondering if Riverboat was just fools gold. He just feels like Fox 2.0- don't think he can't get us a Lombardi- which is sad because I feel like our roster can. Again, I hope I'm wrong about this. These two things plus our division- The NFCS will be a dogfight this year. 
    • Yeah we fell asleep..the offensive like ducked and the secondary ducked til Bradbury and the other kid stepped up.. but season was done.. need a healthy o-Lind this year and execute or these new weapons are pointless

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle