Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Expectations for next year?

98 posts in this topic

Posted

I expect the superbowl. This is Rivera's last chance so I feel like he'll be balls to the walls this year. If we can get Star or Floyd in the first, and Hopkins or Hunter in the 2nd then I think we'll have the talent the get us in the playoffs at least.

Posted

This question shouldn't be asked until we draft our players, add certain players that are cut in training camp, and play all 4 preseason games, Because there's always injuries.

That being said, I'm done saying "this is our year". Last season I talked way too much so this season I'm just going to sit back and enjoy whatever happens.

We have all the talent in the world to win our division, it's up to the coaches and leaders of this team to get it done.

Posted

Every loss last season, except for the Broncos and Giants, we lost by less than a touchdown. If Rivera learned from his mistakes and coached like he did in those last few games, there's no reason we can't make the playoffs.

he hasn't shown he can manage close games. that's his problem, or at least where he's exposed.

Posted

The expectation from me is the same as every year. I don't just want improvement, I want playoffs. That's what I want. What do I guess will happen from what I've seen? We will be more competitive than the last two years but I don't know if it will be enough. I don't think the coaches are the right ones and I think Cam needs another year or two before he steps into the territory of the Brees's, Mannings, and Bradys of the league skillwise. He's extremely gifted and is head and shoulders above the majority of QBs in the league, but he is still missing that surgical precision shown by the elite of the league. I think he is just one step away from having that same ability, and he will get there.

At least 9-7 but I'm not calling playoffs. But who knows, they might surprise me. But probably not.

Posted

Rivera has to make the playoffs or he's done. We should have made the playoffs this year. We were a 4th and 1(Atl), and another ref scew job game(Dallas) from being 9-7.

Posted

As much as i wanted rivera fired, i really think that he learned from repeating the same mistakes last year. he felt the heat of the hotseat, watched those around him drop, and now he knows the time is now. i also think the team realized what went wrong and they will be more vocal to suspect calling.

Posted

The schedule is really tough so who knows.......having said that I appreciate your sacrifice and wish you a safe tour.You are a true hero for risking your life and protecting our country.Thank you for your service.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'd say a certainty is we're not winning the division.

So, the only chance for the playoffs is 1 of 2 wildcard spots.

1 of those will go to the NFCW.

The other to NFCN or NFCE, or even if it's NFCS, it's not us.

5-11 or 6-10

Posted

I think we have a realistic shot of going 8-8 +- 5. And about a 37.5% shot of making the playoffs.

I expected you to say a 33.33% chance (repeating, of course) :unsure:

As for me, I expect improvement. Not ready to go beyond that this far out.

1 person likes this

Posted

No talent in the secondary, DT void, shaky o-line, best WR is getting way up in age, light hasn't come on for Cam. Right now I'm thinking around 6-10, but it's too soon to try and guess. Need a great draft.

The defense was in the top 10. Smitty is fine. Cam set a team record with Pass attempts without an interception.

Talking about see the glass half full or half empty.

Posted

he hasn't shown he can manage close games. that's his problem, or at least where he's exposed.

I was not for bringing him back. I thought Rivera lost it. I am not sure whether they wanted to let Gettlemen get a grip on the team and time to decide who he wanted. Or whether JR was committed to giving him one final shot.

Either way, the decision was made to keep him. I am going to believe in that decision. So I am going to hope you are wrong and he has learned from his mistakes.

1 person likes this

Posted

I've been a glass empty guy/Debbie Downer since 2010, or a realist as I look at it. When it comes to Panthers sucess, it turns out I have been very realistic. I see a Ted Ginn signing and I don't a number 2 receiver but a kick/punt returner. That is still good but when I tell someone he isn't a number 2, I'm hating.