97 replies to this topic

#46 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:10 AM

I honestly don't know. The last time I had literally no grip on what sort of team we had was in 2007. Hopefully we do better than that year, but honestly it's tough to say. I think a losing year could be for the best in the long run if we fire Rivera and bring in a better coach.

#47 SmashNDash

SmashNDash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:44 AM

9-7, miss the playoffs.

#48 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:49 AM

9-7 and a wildcard appearance with a crushing last second loss that will be a painful reminder of this past season. This will be followed by the usual clown crusaders completely ignoring that the team made the playoffs and finding a reason to bitch.

#49 cultclassiccat

cultclassiccat

flash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  • LocationG spot

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:05 AM

With Gettleman here, the team behind Ron, FA sign/resigning and the upcoming draft... I see great things ahead. I predicted 11-5 last yr and I still think we can achieve at least that this yr.

I also like Shula being given another shot, he seems to have Cam's confidence, so im excited to see what they do together.

You can look at this with a glass half empty or half full mentality

7 = total number of wins last yr

7 = number of games we lost by 6 pts or less

2 = number of games blown out

#50 h0llywood

h0llywood

I HATE LUKE KUECHLY!

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,205 posts
  • LocationPasadena, CA

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:25 AM

Cam Newton will have MVP type season.

Playoffs.

Out of wild card weekend.

#51 pantherj

pantherj

• HUDDLER
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:27 AM

No talent in the secondary, DT void, shaky o-line, best WR is getting way up in age, light hasn't come on for Cam. Right now I'm thinking around 6-10, but it's too soon to try and guess. Need a great draft.

#52 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,787 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:40 AM

Pre draft, 8-8. Depending on the draft, could be 10-6.

#53 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,262 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:26 AM

If we can get three starters out of this draft I think 10-6 is a possibility and 9-7 more likely.

#54 Jacket60

Jacket60

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:30 AM

We have the talent to compete with anyone. And I think Rivera has learned a lot from his mistakes these past 2 years, he won't make as many crucial mistakes this year. Defense is going to be underrated and we're going to add a playmaker at WR in the draft, plus OL and DT.

11-5, considering all the close losses we've endured the past 2 years. The team will finally find a way to win those close ones.

49ers, Patriots, Falcons, Vikings, Saints, and Giants will be our toughest games.

#55 ElkinPanthersFan

ElkinPanthersFan

Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:00 AM

No talent in the secondary, DT void, shaky o-line, best WR is getting way up in age, light hasn't come on for Cam. Right now I'm thinking around 6-10, but it's too soon to try and guess. Need a great draft.

Cam wasn't the best QB or anything statistically the last 6 or so games of the season.

#56 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,145 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:14 AM

OH LAWD. The light has not came on for CAM................Here goes another one of those "He's not a leader" bit(ch fest.......

#57 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:25 AM

I honestly see it as another lame duck season. I don't feel Rivera is head coach material and the new GM now has a season to get a feel for the organization and hand pick his head coach.

#58 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,716 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:34 AM

What you see currently is about what we will take to the field.

No big money for impact players via free agency
No big impact player for us at 14 in the draft. Warmack or Cooper might start, but don't think any WR would have a great impact for us this season. None of the rookies I see at 14 could be a Cam or Keek.

We are young, but learning. 8-8 is about where we stand for the upcoming season. A couple unexpected returns for TD's by Ginn however, could put is around 9-7 and in the hunt for a wild card. Super Bowl no

#59 Woodcookedbbq

Woodcookedbbq

Vinegar Based

• HUDDLER
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGreenville, NC

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:30 AM

Every loss last season, except for the Broncos and Giants, we lost by less than a touchdown. If Rivera learned from his mistakes and coached like he did in those last few games, there's no reason we can't make the playoffs.

#60 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,635 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:47 AM

I honestly see it as another lame duck season. I don't feel Rivera is head coach material and the new GM now has a season to get a feel for the organization and hand pick his head coach.

wouldn't call it a lame duck year because i think he and his staff will be fighting for their jobs and won't be just laying down, but i agree with the rest.

rivera's game management is going to be his undoing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com