Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cordarrelle Patterson vs. Tavon Austin

50 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='carolina-chuck' timestamp='1364109620' post='2173525']
You're telling me that just bc Austin is a "slot", doesnt mean he can be a No.1?
So, Welker isnt a no.1? Percy isnt a no.1? Both of them are no.1 receiver. "GO TO GUY".
[/quote]

Can Welker Line up in any other position besides the slot?

I would also like to see how Welker looks when he isn't in that Patriot offense.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='carolina-chuck' timestamp='1364109620' post='2173525']
You're telling me that just bc Austin is a "slot", doesnt mean he can be a No.1?
So, Welker isnt a no.1? Percy isnt a no.1? Both of them are no.1 receiver. "GO TO GUY".
[/quote]

When I say number1 it is in reference to the outside WR. ie the 1&2 are generally on the outside with the 3 being the slot

Austin like Welker can def be "go to guys". Just like a TE. Just not number1 receivers in my definition.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='koolkatluke' timestamp='1364110443' post='2173539']
Can Welker Line up in any other position besides the slot?

I would also like to see how Welker looks when he isn't in that Patriot offense.
[/quote]

You dont have to be able to line up every where to be a no.1. The definition of a No.1 receiver is someone who can constantly make plays and be a "go to guy", which Welker is.

I guess, get ready to see Welker in a Broncos' offense with Peyton if you wanna see him in another offense beside NE. Yea, he's definitely not going to have the same impact (sarcasm). :)

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Dash Global' timestamp='1364110517' post='2173540']
When I say number1 it is in reference to the outside WR. ie the 1&2 are generally on the outside with the 3 being the slot

Austin like Welker can def be "go to guys". Just like a TE. Just not number1 receivers in my definition.
[/quote]

So, you're telling me Welker isnt a no.1, bc he doesnt play on the outside? Gotcha

Posted · Report post

[quote name='carolina-chuck' timestamp='1364110923' post='2173545']
You dont have to be able to line up every where to be a no.1. The definition of a No.1 receiver is someone who can constantly make plays and be a "go to guy", which Welker is.

I guess, get ready to see Welker in a Broncos' offense with Peyton if you wanna see him in another offense beside NE. Yea, he's definitely not going to have the same impact (sarcasm). :)

and by the way, before Welker was a Patriot he was also a Dolphin. Being a member of the Dolphins with QBs like AJ Feeley, Fiedler, Frerotte, Rosenfels, Harrington, Culpepper, and Cleo Lemon (wow, what a group!), Welker put up 1313yds (2004), 1379 (2005), and 1064 (2006).
[/quote]

So who would be last on this list of WR for you?

Megatron

Fitz

AJ Johnson

Welker

Posted · Report post

[quote name='carolina-chuck' timestamp='1364111088' post='2173547']

So, you're telling me Welker isnt a no.1, bc he doesnt play on the outside? Gotcha
[/quote]

Yes pretty much. Anybody who knows football know a #1 needs to be able to line up anywhere.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='koolkatluke' timestamp='1364111444' post='2173553']
So who would be last on this list of WR for you?

Megatron

Fitz

AJ Johnson

Welker
[/quote]

You're telling me there's Megatron, Fitz, and Johnson in this Draft? Theres only a Welker in this Draft.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='carolina-chuck' timestamp='1364111527' post='2173555']

You're telling me there's Megatron, Fitz, and Johnson in this Draft? Theres only a Welker in this Draft.
[/quote]

No moron I'm asking if you had your choice who would be last one you pick.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='koolkatluke' timestamp='1364111518' post='2173554']
Yes pretty much. Anybody who knows football know a #1 needs to be able to line up anywhere.
[/quote]

Yea, just throw Welker out of the no.1 receiver talk. Bury his @ss. There's no possible way he's a no.1. Anyone would be crazy enough to believe he's one. He's just a damn no.3 SLOT guy.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='koolkatluke' timestamp='1364111598' post='2173556']
No moron I'm asking if you had your choice who would be last one you pick.
[/quote]

Thats not what we're talking about.
and why do you always start the name calling whenever you cant answer the question anymore?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='carolina-chuck' timestamp='1364111686' post='2173559']

Thats not what we're talking about.
and why do you always start the name calling whenever you cant answer the question anymore?
[/quote]

I call you that because you're a fuging Moron. No offense.