Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Osi Umenyiora to Atlanta? <yep>

97 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Agree with those that say Osi is not as good as who they dumped in Abraham. I don't think they will be improved on defense.

Posted · Report post

LOL... "They'll never be able to replace Abraham!"

compare osi's 2012 on a much better defensive line to abraham's and get back to me.

unless julius peppers is somewhere in this draft they're going to have a worse pass rush.

Posted · Report post

Why is Tuck and JPP going there to?

Without those two, if he came here he would be the best free agent we had 7 years.

Posted · Report post

i honest to god wish the panthers could make a move for abraham if he'd come cheap and on a short contract tbh. he'd be a an amazing weapon as a situational pass rusher. how productive that guy was on a trash defensive line with no bookend at all and only one decent DT is impressive.

Posted · Report post

compare osi's 2012 on a much better defensive line to abraham's and get back to me.

unless julius peppers is somewhere in this draft they're going to have a worse pass rush.

I think it's safer for us to assume that they haven't lost anything in regards to production. At least that's how I'm approaching it.

Osi is no slouch, and their DL was actually a lot less impressive as a unit last year, and he was still solid. We'll see...

Posted · Report post

Osi's not what he once was. ATL getting him doesn't concern me at all. I'd rather they had Osi than Abraham.

Osi said he's going to be defensive player of the year.

Posted · Report post

He only started in 4 games last year, 7 the year before.

Posted · Report post

They got one decent pass rusher, and now everyone is worried of the.falcons pass rush?

Posted · Report post

I don't think anyone is really worried about their pass rush. Their d still blows. I am worried about how we stop Julio and Roddy though.

Posted · Report post

Osi won't be any better in Atl than Abraham was. Osi looked impressive in NY b/c of the defensive talent around him. He'll have pretty much the same defensive talent around him that Abraham did.

Posted · Report post

This is what I remember of good ole osi. Playoffs 2005, poo talk, "we have the best de's in the world", my subsequent nick name. Ohh see you think your a better defensive end tandem then pep and ruck? Ha not likely. Then I remember us stomping that ass into the ground. Didnt we shut that poo out in NY like 28-0?

Posted · Report post

Without those two, if he came here he would be the best free agent we had 7 years.

If he was playing at a 2005 level. Think the NYG would have let him go if he was going to be a 10+ DE?

I am more concerned with Jackson than Osi.