Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hotsauce

Lame Duck Situation....

62 posts in this topic

You know how everyone was saying John Fox would get a HC as soon as he left here. Well I don't think anyone is saying that about Riveria.

I don't know that it really qualifies as a "lame duck" situation, however I do think Gettleman is hedging his bets and it will lead to Rivera's exit.

However, I'm trying to be optimistic and say we're going 9-7 this season.

Yes, hot seat not lame duck. Even though I was for replacing Rivera...I still believe he is learning. Gettleman said his job was to make everyone better. My guess he will be a lot more help to Rivera than Hurney was. I also assume they have reviewed a lot of tape together. I will be very happy if Rivera surprises us all.

I know that when I was saying it was a lame duck year that it was not 100% accurate, but the only reason I say lame duck is for 3 reasons.

1) all position coaches were being offered only 1 year deals. I am pretty sure that if Ron's team was preforming better that position coaches would be offered more years then what they were being offered.

2) all FA that we targeted that I read, were being offered 1 year deals. Even though it seems a lot of teams are offering one year deals now.

3) IMO, it seems that it would be easier for Gettleman to let this year play out, try to create a little cap space this year, and then next year it seems easier to tell players to take a pay cut or get cut to free up some cap space to make better moves in FA and extend the players that we want to stay Hardy and Cam..

I know that when I was saying it was a lame duck year that it was not 100% accurate, but the only reason I say lame duck is for 3 reasons.

1) all position coaches were being offered only 1 year deals. I am pretty sure that if Ron's team was preforming better that position coaches would be offered more years then what they were being offered.

2) all FA that we targeted that I read, were being offered 1 year deals. Even though it seems a lot of teams are offering one year deals now.

3) IMO, it seems that it would be easier for Gettleman to let this year play out, try to create a little cap space this year, and then next year it seems easier to tell players to take a pay cut or get cut to free up some cap space to make better moves in FA and extend the players that we want to stay Hardy and Cam..

Cap was offered a 3 year deal...wanted 1 yr. 1 yr deals are being signed throughout the league...a market thing. Easy to read too much into that here.

Rivera ain't going nowhere. Don't fool yourselves into believing that.

Rivera ain't going nowhere. Don't fool yourselves into believing that.

another non winning season and he stays then we all lose.

I like how this is working out. Rivera knows he needs to succeed. The players know he needs to succeed. Gettlemen knows we need to succeed. Let's see how this all plays out before we throw in the towel. Overreaction is not good for the cadio.

Football is suposed to be fun. As Panther fans, we are smack dab in the middle of one exciting time. Revolutionary QB, with a young, but improving team. A GM that knows what he is doing. Throw in a Coach the players love. Look up fun in the...google fun. There we are. Top of the first page.

I say, we won last year because we were the better team. Those without faith and trust, will tell you it was the competiton.

Who is having more fun? That's alright, you can say it. The guy with the faith and trust. The guy who just knows the future is as bright here in Pantherland.

And for all we know the future has already started. If we finish, let's say 10-6 this year. Rivera will have been 16-8 over his last 24 games. That's not a bad run if you ask me.

tl;dr version. Plenty of reasons to let your Homer flag fly.

ninja_tux.jpg

Welcome to CLT Perry Fewell

a wise man once told me to never call a duck lame

Was that mans name Howard?