• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Cape Fear Cat

Cape Fear Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:30 AM

Jeff Byers is the USO's ambassador to troops in North Carolina this year. He was at Camp Lejeune recently. Here's the story that appeared in the Wilmington Star News:

http://www.starnewso...in-martial-arts

Just thought you guys might enjoy it.

#2 The Golden Child

The Golden Child

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:13 PM

Sweet.

#3 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,758 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:37 PM

I used to teach the basic hand to hand techniques in the USMC.

I miss it.

#4 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,894 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:00 PM

I used to teach the basic hand to hand techniques in the USMC.

I miss it.

Posted Image

#5 DenverPantherFamily

DenverPantherFamily

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:40 PM

Lol... hand to hand techniques!! i.e. knowing how to properly breakfall so as to not hurt yourself when you get in a bar fight after boot camp because you think you are all of a sudden a complete badass!!! Lol .... oh the stories and memories!! I don't miss the Corps, but GOD do I miss the Marines!! Semper Fi to all you devil dogs out there!

#6 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,621 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:58 PM

Lol... hand to hand techniques!! i.e. knowing how to properly breakfall so as to not hurt yourself when you get in a bar fight after boot camp because you think you are all of a sudden a complete badass!!! Lol .... oh the stories and memories!! I don't miss the Corps, but GOD do I miss the Marines!! Semper Fi to all you devil dogs out there!

You dont miss the chow hall and crapping in a ditch?

#7 DenverPantherFamily

DenverPantherFamily

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:51 AM

no sir, you are correct! I definitely do not! Although the stumps actually has a pretty damn good chow hall now that they have civilians doing all the work... isn't it AMAZING how that works?!?!

#8 jamos14

jamos14

The Huddle Beast

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,714 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:59 AM

Breakfall is an evil word! Can't recall how many times I was forced to throw myself on the ground for "good training".

Now that MCMAP has taken over the Marine Corps, instructors are "MCNinjas".

And the boots are tan-belt warriors.

The program is a joke. You learn nothing, it is a really a haze-fest. But it's fun being on the other end of it, lol.

#9 DenverPantherFamily

DenverPantherFamily

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:40 PM

Breakfall is an evil word! Can't recall how many times I was forced to throw myself on the ground for "good training".

Now that MCMAP has taken over the Marine Corps, instructors are "MCNinjas".

And the boots are tan-belt warriors.

The program is a joke. You learn nothing, it is a really a haze-fest. But it's fun being on the other end of it, lol.

Lol ... I served with a guy who thought the break the front breakfall was done from the standing so he would fall straight on his face everytime! The instructors obviously thought it was hilarious so they kept calling the other instructors and staff over to watch while they made him do it again, and again, and again! LMFAO!! The kid also was scared to do a right and left break fall because he said it hurt and he was scared of heights! Not the sharpest tool in the shed! Oh good lord the memories I have are priceless!! Thank god for everyday I got to spend in the Corps! Oooh Rah!! But I thank God even more that I am no longer in!! Lol...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com