Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bLACKpANTHER

Assuming we dont receive Portlands pick..

45 posts in this topic

I definitely want a big man this year, none of the guards in this draft are cant miss guys, so might as well fill the glaring weaknesses. Noel would obviously be the pick at #1, but I would mind either Bennett or Len (and maybe Zeller or Olynyk with a trade down). I wouldnt worry too much about Bennett's height- he is strong and has a big wingspan so between him and MKG you can defend all but the biggest PFs (Randolph and Aldridge pretty much).

I definitely want a big man this year, none of the guards in this draft are cant miss guys, so might as well fill the glaring weaknesses. Noel would obviously be the pick at #1, but I would mind either Bennett or Len (and maybe Zeller or Olynyk with a trade down). I wouldnt worry too much about Bennett's height- he is strong and has a big wingspan so between him and MKG you can defend all but the biggest PFs (Randolph and Aldridge pretty much).

I forgot about Len. I like him a lot as well, but I'm not sure if I would want him with a top 4 pick. I suppose it depends on how he measures out.

The MKG bashing is beginning to become very monotonous. The KID is barely 19 years old. He is going to be raw for a couple seasons - if not more. I wouldn't call him a project b/c he plays tremendous defense, and has a motor that is rare in the NBA. He's going to be a very productive player in years to come for the Charlotte Hornets.

As for the draft: I want Shabazz. Start him immediately, and let Henderson come off the bench. Whatever the pick, I'm starting to trust the front office for once - and will be pleased as long as it's a competent pick. Shabazz IMO is the clearly the most talented player. Zeller will be a bust. He's no Kevin Love, and lacks the athleticism, and strength down low to be anything more than a Hansbrough 2.0.

We still have free-agency as well, and the Hornets will be setting pretty with the cap space we have. I just hope they don't blow it all on one player. The best thing to do is sign 1-2 players (front-court), and save some for resining, and next years free-agency.

The Hornets will be relevant again soon. I'm sure everyone in the NBA recognizes that. Dunlap will be gone after we're done "building" through the drafts.

The MKG bashing is beginning to become very monotonous. The KID is barely 19 years old. He is going to be raw for a couple seasons - if not more. I wouldn't call him a project b/c he plays tremendous defense, and has a motor that is rare in the NBA. He's going to be a very productive player in years to come for the Charlotte Hornets.

As for the draft: I want Shabazz. Start him immediately, and let Henderson come off the bench. Whatever the pick, I'm starting to trust the front office for once - and will be pleased as long as it's a competent pick. Shabazz IMO is the clearly the most talented player. Zeller will be a bust. He's no Kevin Love, and lacks the athleticism, and strength down low to be anything more than a Hansbrough 2.0.

We still have free-agency as well, and the Hornets will be setting pretty with the cap space we have. I just hope they don't blow it all on one player. The best thing to do is sign 1-2 players (front-court), and save some for resining, and next years free-agency.

The Hornets will be relevant again soon. I'm sure everyone in the NBA recognizes that. Dunlap will be gone after we're done "building" through the drafts.

I haven't really seen Bobcat fans bash MKG tbh.

I do agree with you about Shabazz for the most part. I was on the Shabazz bandwagon a long time ago, and was hoping that he would tear up college basketball. He's shown that he's a lethal scorer (despite playing in a system that really spreads the ball around), but that is the only area that he has shown to be above average in. He's a pathetically bad defensive player, doesn't make teammates better -- hell, he isn't capable of finding the open man -- he's generally a ball stopper. Despite me bashing him a bit, I am a big fan of his, but I'm not blind. I was definitely disappointed by his lack of overall production. Besides, right now Henderson > any guard that we could draft... he is tearing it up since the ASB, and I see no reason why he won't continue as long as he stays aggressive.

Shabazz is such an intriguing player, by all accounts he has a great work ethic and is an incredibly effective scorer already. But I dont like his mindset right now, especially on a team like the bobcats with no veteran leadership. His defending is inexcusable for a guy with his strength and quickness, and he doesnt understand the concept of team offense.

But if he goes to a team with good veteran leadership and a good coach? He will be awesome. Somewhere like OKC for instance, who own the Raptors pick (6-10 range)

Bazz was too hyped and go Harrison Barnes syndrome. He will be an average to good NBA player but I think the new and improved Henderson will have a better career than Bazz.

I personally think Oladipo will be the best SG/SF in the class, he's to athletic and an overall good basketball player not to be.

I love Oladipo. Great defense, great athlete. But to me he sounds too much like another young player on this team.

I fully expect Trey Burke to leave for the NBA and that would be my choice. I really like Kemba but Burke would make the biggest impact. I hate ignoring the 4 and 5 when its a glaring need and if for whatever reason Burke stays, I'll take Noel because I just think Bennett is too small.

Deing has really impressed me as well.

If the Bobcats somehow someway draft Alex Len I will laugh my ass off.