Photo
- - - - -

Assuming we dont receive Portlands pick..

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
44 replies to this topic

#37 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:20 AM

I definitely want a big man this year, none of the guards in this draft are cant miss guys, so might as well fill the glaring weaknesses. Noel would obviously be the pick at #1, but I would mind either Bennett or Len (and maybe Zeller or Olynyk with a trade down). I wouldnt worry too much about Bennett's height- he is strong and has a big wingspan so between him and MKG you can defend all but the biggest PFs (Randolph and Aldridge pretty much).

#38 ZB1224

ZB1224

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:38 AM

I definitely want a big man this year, none of the guards in this draft are cant miss guys, so might as well fill the glaring weaknesses. Noel would obviously be the pick at #1, but I would mind either Bennett or Len (and maybe Zeller or Olynyk with a trade down). I wouldnt worry too much about Bennett's height- he is strong and has a big wingspan so between him and MKG you can defend all but the biggest PFs (Randolph and Aldridge pretty much).

I forgot about Len. I like him a lot as well, but I'm not sure if I would want him with a top 4 pick. I suppose it depends on how he measures out.

#39 Chief_Chokeaho

Chief_Chokeaho

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:47 AM

The MKG bashing is beginning to become very monotonous. The KID is barely 19 years old. He is going to be raw for a couple seasons - if not more. I wouldn't call him a project b/c he plays tremendous defense, and has a motor that is rare in the NBA. He's going to be a very productive player in years to come for the Charlotte Hornets.

As for the draft: I want Shabazz. Start him immediately, and let Henderson come off the bench. Whatever the pick, I'm starting to trust the front office for once - and will be pleased as long as it's a competent pick. Shabazz IMO is the clearly the most talented player. Zeller will be a bust. He's no Kevin Love, and lacks the athleticism, and strength down low to be anything more than a Hansbrough 2.0.

We still have free-agency as well, and the Hornets will be setting pretty with the cap space we have. I just hope they don't blow it all on one player. The best thing to do is sign 1-2 players (front-court), and save some for resining, and next years free-agency.

The Hornets will be relevant again soon. I'm sure everyone in the NBA recognizes that. Dunlap will be gone after we're done "building" through the drafts.

#40 ZB1224

ZB1224

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:24 PM

The MKG bashing is beginning to become very monotonous. The KID is barely 19 years old. He is going to be raw for a couple seasons - if not more. I wouldn't call him a project b/c he plays tremendous defense, and has a motor that is rare in the NBA. He's going to be a very productive player in years to come for the Charlotte Hornets.

As for the draft: I want Shabazz. Start him immediately, and let Henderson come off the bench. Whatever the pick, I'm starting to trust the front office for once - and will be pleased as long as it's a competent pick. Shabazz IMO is the clearly the most talented player. Zeller will be a bust. He's no Kevin Love, and lacks the athleticism, and strength down low to be anything more than a Hansbrough 2.0.

We still have free-agency as well, and the Hornets will be setting pretty with the cap space we have. I just hope they don't blow it all on one player. The best thing to do is sign 1-2 players (front-court), and save some for resining, and next years free-agency.

The Hornets will be relevant again soon. I'm sure everyone in the NBA recognizes that. Dunlap will be gone after we're done "building" through the drafts.

I haven't really seen Bobcat fans bash MKG tbh.

I do agree with you about Shabazz for the most part. I was on the Shabazz bandwagon a long time ago, and was hoping that he would tear up college basketball. He's shown that he's a lethal scorer (despite playing in a system that really spreads the ball around), but that is the only area that he has shown to be above average in. He's a pathetically bad defensive player, doesn't make teammates better -- hell, he isn't capable of finding the open man -- he's generally a ball stopper. Despite me bashing him a bit, I am a big fan of his, but I'm not blind. I was definitely disappointed by his lack of overall production. Besides, right now Henderson > any guard that we could draft... he is tearing it up since the ASB, and I see no reason why he won't continue as long as he stays aggressive.

#41 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

HUDDLER

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:03 PM

Shabazz is such an intriguing player, by all accounts he has a great work ethic and is an incredibly effective scorer already. But I dont like his mindset right now, especially on a team like the bobcats with no veteran leadership. His defending is inexcusable for a guy with his strength and quickness, and he doesnt understand the concept of team offense.

But if he goes to a team with good veteran leadership and a good coach? He will be awesome. Somewhere like OKC for instance, who own the Raptors pick (6-10 range)

#42 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

HUDDLER

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:29 PM

Bazz was too hyped and go Harrison Barnes syndrome. He will be an average to good NBA player but I think the new and improved Henderson will have a better career than Bazz.

I personally think Oladipo will be the best SG/SF in the class, he's to athletic and an overall good basketball player not to be.

#43 Panther_Brotherhood

Panther_Brotherhood

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:52 PM

I love Oladipo. Great defense, great athlete. But to me he sounds too much like another young player on this team.

#44 DRSundrop

DRSundrop

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:35 PM

I fully expect Trey Burke to leave for the NBA and that would be my choice. I really like Kemba but Burke would make the biggest impact. I hate ignoring the 4 and 5 when its a glaring need and if for whatever reason Burke stays, I'll take Noel because I just think Bennett is too small.

Deing has really impressed me as well.

#45 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

SUPPORTER

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:35 AM

If the Bobcats somehow someway draft Alex Len I will laugh my ass off.