Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tiger7_88

2013 mock offseason draft by team

32 posts in this topic

That would probably be best to see if we can even have enough interest to fill it up. Go ahead and put me down for Jags and Panthers....

Not saying we had the best draft (although the GM in me would like to think we did) but the Colts got great value with all our picks, especially considering we traded completely out of the 1st round and started out w/ just 4 picks. All my selections, with the exception of Toilolo who was picked at the urging of Andrew Luck & new OC Pep Hamilton, were projected to go at least a round higher and in some cases two rounds.

Considering our moves in FA and the draft, I think the Colts are poised to make a Super Bowl run in 2013!

BTW, I'd be willing to do another draft just to pass the time until the actual draft starts. I'll keep the Colts and take another team if needed. Just a suggestion but I'd like to cut down on the time in between picks, if possible, this time around.

Indianapolis Colts

2 (33). [from JAX] Datone Jones, DE UCLA

3 (77). [from MIA] Kawann Short, DT Purdue

4 (97). [from OAK] Jordan Poyer, DB Oregon State

5 (128). [from JAX] J.J. Wilcox, CB Georgia Southern

5 (139). [from MIA] Tavarres King, WR Georgia

7 (198). [from JAX via SEA via BUF] Ty Powell, DE Harding

7 (201). [from MIA] Levine Toilolo, TE Stanford

Not saying we had the best draft (although the GM in me would like to think we did) but the Colts got great value with all our picks, especially considering we traded completely out of the 1st round and started out w/ just 4 picks. All my selections, with the exception of Toilolo who was picked at the urging of Andrew Luck & new OC Pep Hamilton, were projected to go at least a round higher and in some cases two rounds.

Considering our moves in FA and the draft, I think the Colts are poised to make a Super Bowl run in 2013!

BTW, I'd be willing to do another draft just to pass the time until the actual draft starts. I'll keep the Colts and take another team if needed. Just a suggestion but I'd like to cut down on the time in between picks, if possible, this time around.

Indianapolis Colts

2 (33). [from JAX] Datone Jones, DE UCLA

3 (77). [from MIA] Kawann Short, DT Purdue

4 (97). [from OAK] Jordan Poyer, DB Oregon State

5 (128). [from JAX] J.J. Wilcox, CB Georgia Southern

5 (139). [from MIA] Tavarres King, WR Georgia

7 (198). [from JAX via SEA via BUF] Ty Powell, DE Harding

7 (201). [from MIA] Levine Toilolo, TE Stanford

Love the Jones, Short, and King picks... especially where you got them.

I'll be up for another draft as long as there are people committed. Not sure if I want the same teams tho.

I would be down for two teams but would rather choose different teams. I had Arizona and Tennessee this time.

Love the Jones, Short, and King picks... especially where you got them.

Yeah me too. I had feeling most would overlook Jones in the 1st, which is why I traded down but I was completely surprised that Short was on the board in the 3rd as well as King in the 5th. Surprised Poyer lasted to the 4th too. He has a solid 2nd rd grade by most.

BTW, Jones probably has the quickest first step of all the DL in this year's draft. He's also very versatile too and was very disruptive at the 3-tech in the games I watched, despite only being 280ish. Reminded me a little bit of John Randle back in the day.

I'd be down for 2 teams as well.

I've decided I'm not gonna participate in another draft.

Had fun with this one, but I get the feeling yet again it will get to the point where it will be like pulling teeth.

Y'all have fun.