• Stop Making Threads...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,042 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:31 PM

So, I'm Gettie...

Cuts;

Jimmy Clausen
Armanti Edwards
Haruki Nakamura, this guy sucks and shouldn't be on the team.

Sign Boothe,

too early to tell who to draft,

I'd do a lot of other things but ain't nobody got time for that.

#32 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,852 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:01 PM

....Just for a day. Whats our next move to better the team and be relevant? What do you think has to happen? Who should be cut and what area do we need to improve on according to importance?

Well, I would cut Armanti Edwards, Jimmy Clausen, Sherrod Martin, Gary Williams.

Then try to acquire Roy Miller (if he is still available that is, have not been keeping up.)

Find a suitable replacement for any of the following players.

First try to get Williams to restructure his contract. If he's not willing then trade him out of the division and Try to find a trade partner for DeAngelo Williams draft day. Of course, Try to get as much as possible for
him.

Get Gross on the same page, if not, sorry, you're getting cut.

Beason, get him to agree to a pay cut or some restructuring deal filled with incentives based on his health.

If he doesn't comply, trade him.

As far as the draft, I would focus on the remaining needs and try to fill it in the first round, depending on who's still available. Following the mind set that we would be drafting starters for day one. Not projects. At least in the first couple of rounds.

If all else fails draft BPA.

#33 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,475 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:29 PM

Well, I would cut Armanti Edwards, Jimmy Clausen, Sherrod Martin, Gary Williams.

Then try to acquire Roy Miller (if he is still available that is, have not been keeping up.)

Find a suitable replacement for any of the following players.

First try to get Williams to restructure his contract. If he's not willing then trade him out of the division and Try to find a trade partner for DeAngelo Williams draft day. Of course, Try to get as much as possible for
him.

Get Gross on the same page, if not, sorry, you're getting cut.

Beason, get him to agree to a pay cut or some restructuring deal filled with incentives based on his health.

If he doesn't comply, trade him.

As far as the draft, I would focus on the remaining needs and try to fill it in the first round, depending on who's still available. Following the mind set that we would be drafting starters for day one. Not projects. At least in the first couple of rounds.

If all else fails draft BPA.

Beason has the largest MLB contract in the NFL....and has played in 5 games in 2 years. No one would trade for him this year with his question marks and contract.

#34 cookinbrak

cookinbrak

tastes like chicken...

• HUDDLER
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:36 PM

For me it would have nothing to do with the cap, simply a statement that says if you suck - you're gone.

I'd bring AE to camp since he's improved every season.

Everybody says cut him, but he can play backup at 3 positions cheap. He's more valuable than Karl Hankton used to be.

#35 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,852 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:15 PM

Beason has the largest MLB contract in the NFL....and has played in 5 games in 2 years. No one would trade for him this year with his question marks and contract.

Understood, I also did not say I would want a 1st round pick for the guy. Whatever is plausible.

#36 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 40,160 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:29 PM

I don't wanna be Gettleman.

He's doing a better job right now than I likely would.

#37 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,852 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:50 PM

I don't wanna be Gettleman.

He's doing a better job right now than I likely would.

I wouldn't mind you being GM Mr. Scot.

#38 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 40,160 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:15 AM

I wouldn't mind you being GM Mr. Scot.

I've been watching, playing, studying or coaching football for over 40 years now.

That makes me qualified to comment on a message board, but I would never consider myself qualified to be an NFL GM. Not unless I actually started as a scout and worked up from there.

#39 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,852 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:22 AM

I've been watching, playing, studying or coaching football for over 40 years now.

That makes me qualified to comment on a message board, but I would never consider myself qualified to be an NFL GM. Not unless I actually started as a scout and worked up from there.

Of course. You'd just have to make a small modification to your huddle name. It would be Mr. Scout.

#40 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 40,160 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:20 AM

Of course. You'd just have to make a small modification to your huddle name. It would be Mr. Scout.

:lol:

I'm gonna have to remember that one.

#41 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,225 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:32 AM

more qualified than Hurney and he was GM for almost a decade.

#42 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,582 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:47 AM

Kurb is GM for a day?

Cut:
Armanti
Pickles
Gary Williams
Fua

Sign (Cheaply)

Booth

Show interest in:

DT:
Corey Williams
Alan Branch
Sione Puah

and I would see what Brent Grimes wants and if he wants to sign a prove it deal with a team to stick it to the Falcons, doubtful, but worth a shot.

#43 catnip

catnip

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:52 AM

I like what the G-man has done so far with limited resources. I would cut Pickles and move Armanti to #3 QB. He can hold the clipboard better than Clausen. This allows us to keep an extra WR, PR, #3QB, on one man. Here is the best value for us. If Star or Lane Johnson is there, we take him. If its Johnson, we move Gross to RT and cut Hangman. If its Star, we look down in the draft and maybe take Long in the 2nd. I know we need a replacement for Smith, but we need help in the trenches more. Hope Lafell
gets bettter and Gettis finally gets on the field.

#44 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,391 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:01 AM

If I was David Gettleman I would think about my future. My seat will never be cooler than it is right now. I make all the tough decisions that set us up to win in the future. I would eat as many big contracts as I could and do whatever it takes to acquire multiple draft picks. I draft an Offensive Tackle and Cornerback asap. I don't give Gregg Hardy that big deal he wants, if he leaves so be it but I don't bet my future on a volatile guy like the Kraken.

As a fan I want to win now but If I was GM I would be building for the long haul.

#45 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,511 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:54 PM

....Just for a day. Whats our next move to better the team and be relevant? What do you think has to happen? Who should be cut and what area do we need to improve on according to importance?

I say bye to Gross and Beast needs to restructure, of course we need money. Spend that money on O or Dline and get younger. I'm still on the fence with what to do with Dwill and I don't think we can put off getting a WR to replace Smitie much longer....

the thread title was born a little fruity with a limp in your wrist?

gettie, seriously?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com