96 replies to this topic

#16 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,599 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:50 AM

I was very unsure about the Shockey thing and that turned out to be quite ideal. So there is no reason for me to think that this couldn't work out on a veteran minimum one year deal. Things work out, give him another one or two year deal at vet minimum. He's a fuging soldier.

#17 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,388 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:51 AM

Not my favorite idea.

This is one where I'd have to defer to Gettleman.

#18 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,132 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:53 AM

Could have been great.....I think he is past his prime now though. I mean the Patriots tried him out and kicked him quick.

#19 BigBeezy

BigBeezy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:53 AM

Attitude aside, he'd be a nice addition as the 2nd TE. Put up some pretty solid numbers up until last year.

If not Winslow, however, I'd look at Visanthe Shiancoe or Travis Beckum as alternatives.

#20 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,112 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:57 AM

Not my favorite idea.

This is one where I'd have to defer to Gettleman.

he is obviously, at least somewhat interested if that report is correct

#21 BigSyke

BigSyke

• HUDDLER
  • 2,132 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:59 AM

Attitude aside, he'd be a nice addition as the 2nd TE. Put up some pretty solid numbers up until last year.

If not Winslow, however, I'd look at Visanthe Shiancoe or Travis Beckum as alternatives.

Damn what happen with Visanthe...didn't he play for the Vikings with Favre? Dude was beasting back then LOL....

#22 carp24000

carp24000

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:05 AM

Kellen WinsNO

#23 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:07 AM

I wish we could've resigned shockey.

#24 BigBeezy

BigBeezy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:10 AM

Damn what happen with Visanthe...didn't he play for the Vikings with Favre? Dude was beasting back then LOL....

He played like 4 games with the Pats last year and was let go, didn't catch any passes.

But yeah he played with Favre in Minnesota and put up big numbers. Also played with the Giants before that, so Gettleman should be familiar with him.

#25 BigSyke

BigSyke

• HUDDLER
  • 2,132 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:13 AM

I wish we could've resigned shockey.

I thought they let Shockey go because he is old. He was a fan favorite around here though.

#26 Cracka McNasty

Cracka McNasty

WWNPHD?

• HUDDLER
  • 3,631 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:18 AM

But... He's a SOLDIER!

#27 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,527 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:20 AM

Shockey probably would have come back if the price was right, but you could tell from his tweets that he felt happy moving on from football... Getting married, traveling the world, etc...

#28 MtnJax

MtnJax

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:20 AM

I thought they let Shockey go because he is old. He was a fan favorite around here though.

I think Shockey wasn't resigned because he wanted a longer term deal than we were wanting to give him

#29 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,903 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:35 AM

He played like 4 games with the Pats last year and was let go, didn't catch any passes.

But yeah he played with Favre in Minnesota and put up big numbers. Also played with the Giants before that, so Gettleman should be familiar with him.

Could have been great.....I think he is past his prime now though. I mean the Patriots tried him out and kicked him quick.

He asked to be released from his contract, not quite the same as being kicked. He was also very productive in the preseason, so much so that the locals were shocked according to the Seattle Times (and other sources).

If his knee and attitude are ready for football, then to me it's pretty much a no-brainer. He has the talent to surpass Shockey's production,

#30 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• HUDDLER
  • 6,599 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:35 AM

I don't pretend to be a master of offensive philosoph in the NFL, but it seems that plenty of people go to New England and underperform. Especially those that don't have a lot of time to learn the system. I think Winslow was shipped there and was kind of thrown in the deep end. I could be wrong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.