Photo
- - - - -

Some folks shouldn't own guns..

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#16 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

The loud atheist minority drummed Tim Tevo out of the NFL.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,314 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:04 PM

I just got done pointing out an instance where you can start the fight and still claim self defense

#17 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 34,022 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:09 PM

I just got done pointing out an instance where you can start the fight and still claim self defense

Agreed, but it's so convoluted and probably would be so hard to prove, that stirs advice is good. Don't start anything, or even have the appearance of starting anything because if you shoot somebody, it's gonna come back at you.

Based on that video, had the kid in the truck had a gun, he would have been legally justified in shooting the man that threw the punch (based on what I read in that law), but certainly not the other way around.

#18 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,477 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:12 PM

I dot think if you instigated an incident and used deadly force that they would let you walk using that statute. You can not provoke an incident or chase a subject, start busting and then claim self defense. Whether the statute is there or not any prosecutor will eat your ass up.

#19 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 8,314 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:17 PM

^^you should never start shït like this but I'm only talking about what the laws say and why they are a problem

#20 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 8,314 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:23 PM

also biscuit why would the kids be justified in pulling a gun on him?

#21 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 34,022 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:15 PM

also biscuit why would the kids be justified in pulling a gun on him?

Based on what I read since they were in their car and he attacked, they could have feared for their life.

#22 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,773 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:37 AM

I completely agree.

http://www.wral.com/...-mall/12269404/

#23 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,773 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:35 AM

Want to make gun control laws work...

let's start with some federal mandatory sentencing guidelines with crimes involving weapons.

#24 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 5,027 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:17 PM

SYG laws are based on the Castle doctrine...

This means that even if the kids cut him off, he was the aggressor in that he caused the initial physical confrontation by following them, exiting his vehicle, and approaching theirs... The kids remained in their truck (as far as we can see on the video) until one was physically assaulted (a crime). They (the kids) defended themselves by pushing the aggressor back towards his vehicle. The woman pulled the gun and handed it to the man, who once again approached the kids' vehicle (making him the aggressor once again).

If the kids had pulled a gun and shot him dead, they would have been completely justified. Not only were they the victim of an assault once, but twice. Also, the woman should also be charged and convicted with assault for producing the weapon in the first place. Neither of them should ever be able to legally own a gun again.

Per the SYG laws, you don't have to retreat so long as you are in your home, your property, or your vehicle. If the kids had've used SYG (shooting the man dead) it would have been justified under those laws. Rightfully so, in my book. Their lives could have been seen (especially after the gun was produced) as in imminent danger of loss or permanent damage.

Don't start none, won't be none.

#25 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 8,314 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:02 PM

so if someone punches me I can shoot them dead now

good to know

#26 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 5,027 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:04 PM

so if someone punches me I can shoot them dead now

good to know

If you are on/in your property and/or feel you are in imminent danger of losing your life or suffering permanent disability, and you aren't the aggressor, yes...

Rightfully so, I say.

#27 Toolbox

Toolbox

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,844 posts
  • Locationnc

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:07 PM

I don't agree that if someone punches you that you have a right to just automatically shoot them dead.. however I agree with you being able to draw your weapon to make the assailant back down from his assault and if the assailant draws a weapon then you can shoot him.

#28 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 8,314 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:12 PM

that older guy got one hit in before they jumped out of the car and ganged up on him. those kids had no reason to shoot him.

#29 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 5,027 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:13 PM

SZ, all that said... I certainly wouldn't use deadly force unless I felt it was justified.

I completely agree with your (I presume) thought that not every gun owner is that responsible.

I think the difference in our beliefs is that you think something can be done about that through legislation, whereas I do not think so.

#30 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 5,027 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:14 PM

that older guy got one hit in before they jumped out of the car and ganged up on him. those kids had no reason to shoot him.

If I'd have been one of the kids and he came back at me with the gun after I'd forced him to retreat, I'd have a very good reason to shoot him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com