• PipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:17 AM

1. Get a QB
2. Give him protection
3. Give him weapons

Falcons went the other way
1. Get a QB
2. Give him weapons (Gonzo, Turner, Jones)
3. Give him protection

Just saying there are several ways to do this.

#137 CanadianCat

CanadianCat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:20 AM

All this being said with "The Don's" back ground I wouldnt be surprised to see us draft a DE.. would get the same reaction as last years Luke pick.

#138 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,190 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:21 AM

^ Yeah but not everyone has a Gm that knows how to pick starting talent in any round.

#139 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 17,048 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:57 AM

Lol if you think NFL scouts sit around in rooms peeing their pants over "bust percentages"

I swear the hurneywashing that this fanbase has so deeply rooted in their minds is just so sad to see

So if scouts and GMs are not worried about the bust potential of wide receivers then why have few been chosen the last couple of years in a pass happy league?? In 2011, 3 wide receivers went in the first round. And again 2 of those 3 were top 10 and rare.
AJ Green- taken 5th- 97 receptions, 1350 yards, 11 TDS
Julio Jones- taken 8th, 79 receptions, 1198 yards 10 TDs

Now the other first rounder who is more akin to what is in this draft.
Jonathan Baldwin-
20 receptions- 325 yards 1 TD.

Last year there were 4. By the way how did those four do??

Blackmon- top 5 pick- 64 catches- 865 yards 5 TDs
Michael Floyd- 13th pick , 45 receptions, 562 yards, 2 TDs
Kendall Wright- 20th pick- 64 receptions, 626 yards, 4 TDs
AJ Jenkins- 30th pick- 0 receptions

Not a thousand yard receiver among them . So if there is a Julio Jones or AJ Green then lets pick them up. Otherwise most of the guys out there are not an upgrade over what we have.

But lets ignore the percentages and lets ignore the facts. Lets get a WR in the draft no matter what. I swear the hurneybashing this fanbase has is so deep rooted they ignore the facts and realities and blame him for everything...............

#140 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,663 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:53 AM

Again why does a WR have to be elite to be taken in the 1st round? and 3 out of 4 of those rookies would have had more catches then LaFell.1000 yard season for a rookie WR is great, but lets not act like the numbers Wright, Floyd and Blackmon put up where slouches especially when they would had better numbers then our own #2 WR.

#141 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,199 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:05 AM

Again why does a WR have to be elite to be taken in the 1st round? and 3 out of 4 of those rookies would have had more catches then LaFell.1000 yard season for a rookie WR is great, but lets not act like the numbers Wright, Floyd and Blackmon put up where slouches especially when they would had better numbers then our own #2 WR.

they don't.

#142 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,275 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:20 AM

All this being said with "The Don's" back ground I wouldnt be surprised to see us draft a DE.. would get the same reaction as last years Luke pick.

Is Greg Hardy coming off an achillis injury and CJ 3 ACL's....both questionable to perform in 2013? Was DE play a disaster in 2012 b/c of injury?

LB was a need when Luke was drafted

#143 CanadianCat

CanadianCat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:57 AM

Is Greg Hardy coming off an achillis injury and CJ 3 ACL's....both questionable to perform in 2013? Was DE play a disaster in 2012 b/c of injury?

LB was a need when Luke was drafted

I get you - but what I was referring to is just how the Giants drafted JPP when they clearly didnt 'need' him. If we go BPA it might just as easily be a DE.

I dont think it will be - but I wouldnt rule it out.

#144 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:09 AM

Just to be Fair.

Blackmon - Got 133 targets compared to Lafell 76 that's just as many targets as 89. Played in 2 and a half more games and didn't have TE like Olsen taking away touches.

Wright - got 104 targets compared to Lafell 76. Didn't have more yards and they were even in TD. Again Wright was the main target with no TE like Olsen on the team and the funny part is Lafell had better numbers then Kenny Brit with 14 less targets.

Floyd - Didn't have better numbers. Played in more games. Had 10 more targets. And didn't have a TE like Olsen to take touches away.

So only 2 out of the 4 put up better numbers and all had more passes thrown their way.

#145 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:14 AM

christ some of you guys are going to be on suicide watch if we draft a WR in the first.

That seems to be the other way around doesn't it??

Nobody is starting threads like this for other positions right now.

http://www.carolinah...ed-pff-edition/

http://www.carolinah...ot-be-a-option/

It seem like if we don't draft a WR in the 1st 2 rounds there will be a suicide watch.

#146 cultclassiccat

cultclassiccat

flash

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,653 posts
  • LocationG spot

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:50 AM

your're trying too hard and making general assumptions.. piss off

#147 cultclassiccat

cultclassiccat

flash

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,653 posts
  • LocationG spot

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:50 AM

your're trying too hard and making general assumptions.. piss off

#148 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,199 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:55 AM

Is Guard going to be the new RB/LB for the Panthers? I fail to see why we have to use a 1st to fix the guard problem. 1st round picks should go to premium positions most of the time.

this. drafting a premium/elite OG in the first is a luxury that we can't afford. we have to get by on solid (or at RG build up to solid) and keep everyone healthy. that in itself will take care of most OL woes...get a solid RG and keep everyone healthy.

and by solid RG, i mean a vet....not a rookie.

#149 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

• HUDDLER
  • 2,198 posts
  • LocationKinston, NC

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:00 AM

Probably not I'm not that big of a fan.

i cant tell as much as you d*** ride him

#150 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:06 AM

i cant tell as much as you d*** ride him

And you think you're a adult?? Really??

How about how hard you're dick riding players who don't even play here? Who might never play here.

At least I support the player on this team.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com