186 replies to this topic

#76 Rags

Rags

help

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,105 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:15 PM

Who ever said he was the best number 2 wr in a option offense. Show me the link?

You've said before that LaFell has been on of the "top WRs of the teams who run the same offense." I think it it was in the 'why the panthers won't draft a WR' thread but I can't be arsed to go through that thread to find out.

I also like how you pointed out lafell small improvement (in your opinion) without mentioning he did on 3 less games. But of course your not bias.

Except I said that he had more gameplayed in 2011? He still has more starts in 2012 though ik how that's biased.

And are you really saying improving the #2 WR isn't a big deal in Read-option ffense? Okay sure that's why we're scouting WRs.

#77 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,245 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:18 PM

Taking the best WR in the draft didn't help Gabbert.

Yes because there's no player more comparable to cam newton than the dynamic high-flying blaine gabbert

#78 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,549 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:19 PM

so what does that have to do with % of drops?

im still trying to see why anyone would pay attention to kiper or even mcshay. esp. kiper tho. "who the hell is mel kiper anyway?"

#79 Rags

Rags

help

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,105 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:21 PM

Taking the best guard in the draft last year didn't help Roethlisberger now did it

Too many people are getting sucked in to the "draft Warmack----->cam upright" false guarantee

BUT WARMACK IS THE BEST OG TO COME ALONG IN YEAR

THE BEST OG TO COME OUT SINCE UH...David DeCastro...just last year.

#80 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,573 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:29 PM

im still trying to see why anyone would pay attention to kiper or even mcshay. esp. kiper tho. "who the hell is mel kiper anyway?"

Patterson is so raw that he had such a low drop %, compared to his teammate who was the better pro prospect according to KKL.

#81 Rags

Rags

help

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,105 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:34 PM

Taking the best WR in the draft didn't help Gabbert.

Yep.

That's it.

You put on a good act KKL but you obviously are a """""""""""""""high level troll"""'""""""""""""

Because no one can seriously say "Yeah Blaine Gabbert and the jaguars offense is simular to our situation." Especially considering the fact you get upset whenever anyone compares any of the other teams to us.

(Blackmon still had more yards than any WR on our team not named Steve Smith.)

#82 NCstoner420

NCstoner420

Dave's not here man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:37 PM

Let's see... Drafting Guard in top 15 is dumb. First round DTs have only 50% chance of being successful in NFL. Pick your poison...

In my opinion we need WR... Our #1 WR is 34 year old. Our #2 WR struggled mighty as #2 WR. We don't even have a clear cut #3 WR. I feel bad for Cam Newton...

If a player can contribute to the team from day one it is not a dumb move. Warmack would get penciled in the starter from the beginning and would be accountable for his actions in every single snap. You can not say this about a single WR in this draft.

#83 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,067 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:48 PM

i don't expect any "plug and play" OTs to be available at #14. i wouldn't draft an OG in the first when you can find nice value in FA if you have a good eye (which we have in FA). you don't start rookie OL and expect them to not look bad/sloppy.

you want cam protected this year, you don't draft his protection this year and expect it to start and not make a poo ton of mistakes.

we have to win now. we need more experience on the OL to protect cam. starting a rookie every year has to stop.

You honestly think we are in "win now" mode? We are in a Hurney induced survive and adapt mode this year.

#84 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:50 PM

it helped Henne.

Not really. Is he even on the team now?

#85 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:56 PM

Yep.

That's it.

You put on a good act KKL but you obviously are a """""""""""""""high level troll"""'""""""""""""

Because no one can seriously say "Yeah Blaine Gabbert and the jaguars offense is simular to our situation." Especially considering the fact you get upset whenever anyone compares any of the other teams to us.

(Blackmon still had more yards than any WR on our team not named Steve Smith.)

I was just replying to the "best guard in the draft didn't help Rothisberger" post.

How can you be troll when you defend players on the team?

You're the 1 pumping up players not on the team.

#86 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,067 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:01 PM

BUT WARMACK IS THE BEST OG TO COME ALONG IN YEAR

THE BEST OG TO COME OUT SINCE UH...David DeCastro...just last year.

I'll address your sarcasm along with those calling Decastro a bust with two points.

A. Decastro suffered a season ending injury early
B. Steelers win consistently, we don't even come close

#87 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:01 PM

This years draft is loaded with really good wide receivers. What the heck is the op talking about?

#88 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,549 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:04 PM

You honestly think we are in "win now" mode? We are in a Hurney induced survive and adapt mode this year.

i think they are under monumental pressure to win now. i think they have very little choice. win now or start over with a new coach. JR has very little time left. cam only has a couple more years. the fans are getting restless. they haven't won in 4 years.

they don't have the luxury of going through yet another growing era. they have to win now. winning season or bust. screw trying to build rome. just out together a team that can win games.

we arent that far away and we shouldn't be that far away.

this is one of the most pathetic franchises in the league. if they want to change that, they have to prove they are more than some potential. they have to prove they can win.

#89 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,667 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:05 PM

What is funny are posters who think if we don't draft a WR at 14 there wont be any left at 44. After all we know that no wide receivers drafted in the second round or lower ever work out. Do we have to look any further than Steve Smith who was a third rounder. In fact I just read that WR is the riskiest position to draft in the first rounder. Couldn't copy it because I am on my phone. Jumping on a guy who isn't the next Julio Jones would be a big mistake.

#90 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,549 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:06 PM

This years draft is loaded with really good wide receivers. What the heck is the op talking about?

and teams are going to wait to pick theirs why?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com