#121 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,651 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:46 PM

So what if you passed on AJ Green and Julio Jones to pick a lower round guy. What would you have gotten??

How about Torrey Smith who was 5th among receivers with 50 catches for 841 yards and 7 TDs. Drafted by Baltimore in the 2nd round. How about Randall Cobb who was drafted by Green Bay in the 2nd round.

BTW, there are no AJ Greens or Julio Jones in this draft. Guys like Patterson would have gone second round in 2011.

#122 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:59 PM

You probably let him sleep with yours

Probably not I'm not that big of a fan.

#123 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:05 PM

you see... BOTH OF THOSE RECEIVERS WHO HAVE AVERAGED OVER 1,000 REC. YARDS PER SEASON HAVE A ONE IN FOUR CHANCE OF SUCCEEDING IN THE NFL!

oh, ESPN, when was the last time you were dead on about something?

So I guess you didn't read the whole part about "since 2001 and the % of bust at WR" part. But you will scream about the DT's being bust %. Even Thoe that might be a little off.

#124 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,920 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:05 PM

Looking at the latest mocks a lot of WR thought to be avaible at the 44th pick are moving up to the late first round.

If a bunch of teams want to reach at WR in the 1st good for us. We have lots of other needs we can fill going BPA.

#125 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,152 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:39 PM

So I guess you didn't read the whole part about "since 2001 and the % of bust at WR" part. But you will scream about the DT's being bust %. Even Thoe that might be a little off.

er, no, i've actually also advocated drafting a DT both this year and last because i think this "percentages" poo is stupid. If you're a top notch talent scout you wipe your ass with "percentages". If you're not you just draft running backs and linebackers every year like Hurney did

#126 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,519 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:05 AM

Lol if you think NFL scouts sit around in rooms peeing their pants over "bust percentages"

I swear the hurneywashing that this fanbase has so deeply rooted in their minds is just so sad to see

#127 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:38 AM

http://espn.go.com/v...clip?id=9069721

#128 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,389 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:55 AM

http://espn.go.com/v...clip?id=9069721

Using ESPN and Kiper and McShay again??? lol Really? You actually read or listen to the garbage those two produce?

#129 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:12 AM

Using ESPN and Kiper and McShay again??? lol Really? You actually read or listen to the garbage those two produce?

Yeah let's only post scouts that fit your opinion. Not to mention you didn't even list the weaknesses those scouts had on Patterson.

#130 vanilla B

vanilla B

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:18 AM

Dwayne Jarrett says "Hey".

Dwayne Jarrett set USC receivers back 10 years.

#131 Rags

Rags

help

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,074 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:56 AM

christ some of you guys are going to be on suicide watch if we draft a WR in the first.

#132 DeeJay

DeeJay

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts
  • LocationHell Paso Texas

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:29 AM

Gettlemen Magic

#133 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,389 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:47 AM

Yeah let's only post scouts that fit your opinion. Not to mention you didn't even list the weaknesses those scouts had on Patterson.

No, I don't follow ESPN for anything at all draft scouting related.

One of the ones I posted was just the overall picture and it included weaknesses. I also included the links for both of the quotes I made.

Not my fault that it comes from one of the most trusted sites with the NFL. You know NFL.com with information from NFL paid scouts and the NFL draft advisory board.

The site that calls him one of the most physically gifted WR's of the past few drafts. I also noted that everyone knows his weakness with route running and his mental lapses. Though the route running is a weakness of most college prospects and the mental lapses can't be too often because of his low drop percentage and high catch to thrown to percentage.

All of his weaknesses are correctable because he has a high football IQ, which was also noted in the links I posted.

#134 BelgianPantherFan

BelgianPantherFan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:12 AM

I'd be ok with either WR or OL at #14. But I do think that OL has more chance to be the BPA at that position.

#135 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,610 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:49 AM

Its really hard to determine what holes we need to fill in the first when we have so many of them.i guess we will wait and see what Rivera and Gettlemen think. It does make for interesting conversation.I think Gettlemen would like to take the BPA but I am not sure we are in a position to do so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com