Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Even though it should not make a difference

39 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='stirs' timestamp='1364249242' post='2175333']
So, how do you think the rest of the NFL fans will react? Will they "change" sponsorships? Will shoe companies, given they are a star, drop them?

Course, like SZ said, they might be scrubs. If scrubs, then will the coach cut them unfairly or keep them longer when they should be cut?

Will be interesting.
[/quote]
[img]http://content.answcdn.com/main/content/img/getty/0/5/72723805.jpg[/img]

Posted · Report post

[quote name='PhillyB' timestamp='1364247426' post='2175261']
probably a wide receiver
[/quote]

and definitely not a tight end.

Posted · Report post

If I buy a gay persons jersey I may start sucking cock....and that would be horrible

Git R Done

Posted · Report post

[quote name='cookinwithgas' timestamp='1364249990' post='2175348']
Thanks stirs, this reminds me of when people told me if gay marriage were legalized, we'd be able to marry goats and all hetero marriages would be lessened because of it.

Good to know those people, although now hiding out under the guise of Amendments and civil unions, are still out there and just as stupid.

Because that will be the actual effect of a player saying he's gay. Suddenly all the players will say, "Meh, so what, I've played with gay players all my pre professional life and it was no big deal" and that's about it. Maybe the player will endorse Miatas, or to make stirs happy, giant gay dildos that are clearly different from hetero dildos.
[/quote]

Quit being such a whiney tail.

Can't you discuss anything without throwing a hissy? If you don't think the millions of corporate dollars that are thrown at these guys through endorsements might be reevaluated, then fine. It is just a discussion. Sheesh, maybe they can endorse Midol and make you happy, finally.

Posted · Report post

haha you tell me to stop whining then tell me to take a Midol, thats rich

We all know where you are coming from and how dopey you are so relax.

Posted · Report post

Okay, despite CWG and Panthro, let's continue.

My opinion would be that if this person is a starter, that shoe deals, who's prime target is young males, might go away, with the possible exception of Nike. But, they might be replaced with more lucrative deals in other areas.

From the locked thread, I can see I was correct in my ascertion about shirts possibly falling off. I figure it might be a reflection of society like the vote last year.

One other area that might be interesting to discuss might be the face of the franchise. If Aaron Rogers or Cam Newton were the one. How would the face of the franchise be marketed?

In my opening statement and thread title, I said it should make no difference, but there will be some fallout, just wondering what it would look like to begin with.

And Panthro/CWG, keep you "I might suck cock" comments to a minimum.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='stirs' timestamp='1364387292' post='2177509']
Okay, despite CWG and Panthro, let's continue.

My opinion would be that if this person is a starter, that shoe deals, who's prime target is young males, might go away, with the possible exception of Nike. But, they might be replaced with more lucrative deals in other areas.

[/quote]

I can't imagine any company that currently endorses a player dropping those endorsements if a player comes out, because the backlash against that company would be tremendous. Well, at least not immediately. It might quietly happen after the initial buzz has worn down, but I doubt it would happen even then.

Posted · Report post

There you go stirs, independent sources confirm you have no clue.

Posted · Report post

CWG, as usual, you bring so much to any conversation.

Underarmour for instance. Seems like it is marketed solely to young males. I would think they might let their sponsorship ride out, but not renew.

Is it right? No, but if their audience doesn't connect, then they would possibly be doing something counter productive for the brand. Nike, on the other hand, has a much broader appeal and I could see them making big money from continuing to embrace the athlete.

Just thinking out loud about how it might play out.

Posted · Report post

You are thinking out loud about guys wearing Underarmour.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='cookinwithgas' timestamp='1364389820' post='2177533']
You are thinking out loud about guys wearing Underarmour.
[/quote]

and your problem with it is......

Posted · Report post

Its just an observation, there's no need to get defensive.