Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason Taylor: Chalk up last year as a sophmore slump for Newton

44 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

2011: TD - 35 (21 passing), INT - 17, Comp% - 60%, QBR - 84.5

2012: TD - 27 (19 passing), INT - 12, Comp% - 57.7%, QBR - 86.2

Cam had a massive rookie season. The best by a rookie QB. And still ended up with only 2 less passing TDs and 5 less INTs in 2012 compared to 2011. Yeah his completion percentage took a little bit of a hit, but his quarterback rating went up by 2 points. And if they are looking at wins for QBs, he had 1 more win in 2012 than 2011. His numbers are almost identical to his rookie year. The only big difference is he had more rushing TDs his rookie season than last year. So is that the phantom slump they are talking about?

Posted · Report post

I hate this Sophmore Slump BS

Posted · Report post

NFL writers fuging suck nowadays

Posted · Report post

I wonder how many people will predict, like they did for Cam last year, to have the sophomore slump when mentioning Luck, RG3 and Wilson. My guess it only applied to Cam.

Posted · Report post

I agree that the bar has been set very low for NFL analysts. What irritates me is they can create any bs story they want and then the public begins to believe them.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Peppers90 NC' timestamp='1364247439' post='2175263']
I wonder how many people will predict, like they did for Cam last year, to have the sophomore slump when mentioning Luck, RG3 and Wilson. My guess it only applies to Cam.
[/quote]

They just said RG3 will come back stronger than ever next season

Posted · Report post

FTR, I hope last year was a slump, because if it were, once he gets out of this "slump" poo is going to get real! Not only that, just shows how high he set his standards.

Posted · Report post

If that's a slump, he'll be a sure hof if he gets over the hump.

Posted · Report post

He had a very rough start, that's about it. I wouldn't call this a slump though.

Posted · Report post

Who cares..we make the playoffs and ESPN will be begging to have Cam teabag The whole First Take staff followed by Mike n Mike.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

And what's also irritating is if some *** like Luck had a total of 27 TDs overall and 12 INTs, ESPN would be all over his jock calling him the best QB of all time.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='TANTRIC-NINJA' timestamp='1364247813' post='2175277']
Who cares..we make the playoffs and ESPN will be begging to have Cam teabag The whole First Take staff followed by Mike n Mike.
[/quote]

Nah, they would just say how lucky he is or that the defense or some other crap that has carried the team.

Posted · Report post

Stop watching/listening to ESPN. They're almost all idiots.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Only time I watch ESPN is NFL32 after work. It's usually alright, but when Taylor and/or Bruschi is on, it turns to sh**. Nothing else was on today. Now I regret it.

Posted · Report post

I wouldn't call it a slump. He stuggled but his OL and the coaching affected his play more than adjustments by defenses. After all, Cam's streak without a turnover was within the same season.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Promethean Forerunner' timestamp='1364248387' post='2175301']
I wouldn't call it a slump. He stuggled but his OL and the coaching affected his play more than adjustments by defenses. After all, Cam's streak without a turnover was within the same season.
[/quote]

Yea he has identical numbers with Chud running the read option as a base. Just imagine what he would have put up if Chud didn't go full retard.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

lol Cams sophomore slump was Jake Delhomes best season
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='chknwing' timestamp='1364248473' post='2175305']
lol Cams sophomore slump was Jake Delhomes best season
[/quote]

lol that's sad

Posted · Report post

[quote name='KillerKat' timestamp='1364248456' post='2175304']

Yea he has identical numbers with Chud running the read option as a base. Just imagine what he would have put up if Chud didn't go full retard.
[/quote]

Agreed. I don't know what the hell Chud was thinking with preventing Cam to audible at the line. His playcalling was headscratching, to say the least.

Posted · Report post

This is why this draft should be about protecting Cam and getting him weapons. Tired of him getting disrespected

Posted · Report post

[quote name='IamSoClutch' timestamp='1364249850' post='2175344']
This is why this draft should be about protecting Cam and getting him weapons. Tired of him getting disrespected
[/quote]

He's always going to get disrespected. There's no point in pandering to haters. Let them believe he's Vince Young 2.0, or whatever the hell they want to believe about Cam. We, panther fans, know what type of athletic freak Newton is at the QB position.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='KillerKat' timestamp='1364248456' post='2175304']
[/quote]

"3rd and long Chud what's the next playcall?"

"Lol read option they'll never see it coming!"

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Promethean Forerunner' timestamp='1364250742' post='2175369']

He's always going to get disrespected. There's no point in pandering to haters. Let them believe he's Vince Young 2.0, or whatever the hell they want to believe about Cam. We, panther fans, know what type of athletic freak Newton is at the QB position.
[/quote]

I disagree i ready for us to get national spotlight. Tired of people looking at me crazy when i say im a panthers fan. We go as far as Cam goes and I want him to have the best chance at it

Posted · Report post

[quote name='IamSoClutch' timestamp='1364252868' post='2175416']

I disagree i ready for us to get national spotlight. Tired of people looking at me crazy when i say im a panthers fan. We go as far as Cam goes and I want him to have the best chance at it
[/quote]

Cam is already the face of the franchise but he brings a ton of criticism from his past and 'diva' demeanor. Who gives a **** what other fans say?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Promethean Forerunner' timestamp='1364253074' post='2175417']

Cam is already the face of the franchise but he brings a ton of criticism from his past and 'diva' demeanor. Who gives a **** what other fans say?
[/quote]

I do and you should to. I want to be a winner and i want them to have no choice to accept that.