Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason Taylor: Chalk up last year as a sophmore slump for Newton

44 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Promethean Forerunner' timestamp='1364253074' post='2175417']

Cam is already the face of the franchise but he brings a ton of criticism from his past and 'diva' demeanor. Who gives a **** what other fans say?
[/quote]

I do and you should to. I want to be a winner and i want them to have no choice to accept that.

Posted · Report post

Lol they were calling the 2012 season a sophomore slump for newton months before it started

Don't make them correct themselves now

Posted · Report post

[quote name='IamSoClutch' timestamp='1364253271' post='2175428']

I do and you should to. I want to be a winner and i want them to have no choice to accept that.
[/quote]

Dude, the perception of his image has nothing to do with him being a winner and his potential as an NFL QB. The University of Alabama passed out '$Cam Newton' t-shirts prior to the game.

LeBron still receives strong hate from other fans across the league, but does that hinder what he does for a living? Will that prevent him from winning another title or being in the hall of fame? No. Seriously, get over it.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Promethean Forerunner' timestamp='1364254678' post='2175460']

Dude, the perception of his image has nothing to do with him being a winner and his potential as an NFL QB. The University of Alabama passed out '$Cam Newton' t-shirts prior to the game.

LeBron still receives strong hate from other fans across the league, but does that hinder what he does for a living? Will that prevent him from winning another title or being in the hall of fame? No. Seriously, get over it.
[/quote]

Cracks fingers*

LeBron was headed down that path until he surrounded himself with better talent. He put himself in a better situation to be successful so he could win and the haters would still hate but have no choice but to respect.

Posted · Report post

Should have got rid of Rivera if you were tired of him being disrespected. But the real problem is that people are so fuging mad that they were wrong about Cam being a THUG and Jamarcus 2.0, that they can't sleep at night. See Cam is not living up to the stereotype and plus he out performed their golden boy Lucy.

If you got haters....you doing something right. PEACE!

Posted · Report post

I just have feeling that Cam is going to go absolutely off like insane this year

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Daddy Uncle' timestamp='1364259485' post='2175547']
I just have feeling that Cam is going to go absolutely off like insane this year
[/quote]

Same here. Can't wait!

Posted · Report post

The problem for Newton (and the Panthers of course), in the big, win the game moments, he failed.

Fumbled in Atlanta when if he just holds onto the ball, first down, game over and a different season.
Failed to win the game who was it Seattle with that jump pass.
Looked miserable not once but twice on national tv
Pick returned for TD agains the Bears (yes Smith fell down but most people aren't smart enough to realize that.

Wilson/Luck/RG III go to playoffs. What did the Panthers do? Wht did Newton do, won games down the stretch that didn't matter.

If he doesn't win this year, he will become inconsequential to the media. If he wins, he will be relevant again.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='IamSoClutch' timestamp='1364253271' post='2175428']
[/quote]

Nobody honestly cares what other teams fans say about the Panther's. That's retarded. I don't think other teams fans care about what we say about their team. I mean who gives a flying rats ass. Talk is talk and doesn't mean diddly poo.

Posted · Report post

He looked sad......yeah because a qb is supposed to be happy as hell that he's losing.

And all the rookie qbs are not better than him. They are in better situations than him.

Stop trying to blame everything on a fuging rookie who came to a team with a gm like Hurney...just stop.

Newton should get nothing but praise from everyone.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='raleigh-panther' timestamp='1364259695' post='2175550']
The problem for Newton (and the Panthers of course), in the big, win the game moments, he failed.

Fumbled in Atlanta when if he just holds onto the ball, first down, game over and a different season.
Failed to win the game who was it Seattle with that jump pass.
Looked miserable not once but twice on national tv
Pick returned for TD agains the Bears (yes Smith fell down but most people aren't smart enough to realize that.

Wilson/Luck/RG III go to playoffs. What did the Panthers do? Wht did Newton do, won games down the stretch that didn't matter.

If he doesn't win this year, he will become inconsequential to the media. If he wins, he will be relevant again.
[/quote]

not once but twice? you mean the eagles game on mnf? he was great in that game. four total TDs and no turnovers.

[quote]Wilson/Luck/RG III go to playoffs. What did the Panthers do? Wht did Newton do, won games down the stretch that didn't matter.[/quote]

drop any of those guys on this team with our first half of the season playcalling and offensive line and tell me we're a playoff team.

Posted · Report post

Just win baby. Winning is the deodorant that covers all kinds of smells.
Cam is poised to become his destiny and we are all along for the ride. His destiny my be the GOAT or a footnote as an overall number 1 pick that never produced or whatever in-between.
No matter the outcome, last year was NOT a sophomore slump. To think it was makes me believe you have an agenda and it's pretty obvious.
Offered any QB in the NFL today or any QB in this upcoming draft, I'm taking Cam. Wrong or right remains to be seen, but my money is on #1.
BTW, can I adopt Dwan now?