Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chknwing

NFL Player to Announce Hes Gay. jtnc Comfirms this is not Jimmy

309 posts in this topic

If I was gay I would be offended that some of you think you know who is gay and who isn't. And others are hoping players they hate are gay. That right there is the problem. I just hope whomever it is continues to enjoy their NFL career. Gay footballers in Europe have come out and some of them end up committing suicide when their career abruptly ends. This is a big deal. Our state voted down Gay marriage in a landslide. How would people feel if a Panther came out? Charlotte might embrace them but all those rural areas would harass this guy.

People making endless jokes about it is ultimately eminent. People will always make jokes about things like that, but then there will likely also be those who are being straight hateful. The joking and the memes would never end though.

I don't care if someone is gay. I just don't agree with that lifestyle because I'm a straight male, who likes females only. Religion don't influence my thoughts on this matter and I don't need it to. But I can still respect your descision as grown man to be whatever you like, however this is "America".

I also think the need for gay rights is over blown. I mean there are hate crimes against the gay community, but I hate how they try to say they are opressed in todays time like Jews or Africa-Americans were back in times. They act like they can't vote or you can just hang them without going to jail! It's not even close to me. To me a gay person can hide that they are gay, but you can never hide the fact that you are of a certain race or color.

I also think it's an unknown bench player in the NFL or it might be a coach.(staff)

1 person likes this

everyone knows its gonna be a tight end that converted to wide receiver

It's amazing that there are as many as 150 players in the NFL every year who are gay and nobody has come out yet while playing. Heck there are thousands of former NFL players that are gay and how many have come out even after retiring.

Shows you how much it is frowned upon.

Statistically we have at least a couple gay dudes on our roster.

I'm just trying to figure out how their sex lives has anything to do with football.

Who cares.

Manti Teo

No, he has a girlfriend... oh wait.

I'm just trying to figure out how their sex lives has anything to do with football.

Who cares.

Thats kind of the way I am looking at it. Maybe I should announce at my job that I am attracted to long dark haired women regardless of race? Wonder how that will go...

It's amazing that there are as many as 150 players in the NFL every year who are gay and nobody has come out yet while playing. Heck there are thousands of former NFL players that are gay and how many have come out even after retiring.

Shows you how much it is frowned upon.

Statistically we have at least a couple gay dudes on our roster.

150? Unless the NFL is the new broadway, I think your statistic is way overblown. (No pun intended.)

150? Unless the NFL is the new broadway, I think your statistic is way overblown. (No pun intended.)

One stat says it is estimated that 10% of the male population is predominantly gay.

Why would you assume that the NFL has less than the overall population?

One stat says it is estimated that 10% of the male population is predominantly gay.

Most stats say 3-4%, but it depends on where you get your numbers. I had not heard 10% before. But after google search, I see that # is used a lot.

Because of the stereotype associated with football, i believe it would deter most gay people from pursuing a career in the NFL bringing the percentage down from overall population.

On the other side, would you assume that the Interior Designer or Hair Stylist Professions would have an increased percentage in gay males? I would... and that doesn't make me homophobic.

That is just the law of averages...