• This topic is locked This topic is locked
308 replies to this topic

#301 Pantherman

Pantherman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:05 AM

You are correct(if we take the bible as literal truth) that god sent his son to die because he loves us. But what about his son? I don't have kids but I don't see myself willing to let one die for someone else. Seems an awfully cruel thing to do to your child... Granted Jesus came back to life but honestly that makes the sacrifice a little shallow. It would be like me giving you a billion dollars then taking it away a few days later. Yeah the initial gesture was awesome but taking it back just makes it hollow.

Maybe I am just putting to much thought into this religion/philosophy stuff; it's not like it is super important or anything, like my eternal soul rests on it...oh wait. And that right there is the problem with a pure faith argument. If god created me then he gave me a mind but yet I am not supposed to use it for the most important decision I'll ever make? How does that remotely make sense?

A final point you bring up the westboro baptist church and say they give christians a bad name but you do realize everything the say they can justify with scripture right? They may be hateful crazy bastards but they know the bible front and back. So remember that next time you use the bible to justify your actions because it can just as easily be used for some very twisted stuff.

LOL I don't why I'm bothering any more. But what ever you say. You see it your way. I'm done with this. You think what ever about me bro. It ain't going to hurt my feelings. I'm out and back to talking about football. People want to get offended to what I had to say. But again what ever. My opinion and my belief. I never asked you to believe and yes this there will always be people who know more then I or you will know about this or that subject. But what ever. LOL Panthers rules :)

#302 Manos

Manos

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:51 AM

LOL I don't why I'm bothering any more. But what ever you say. You see it your way. I'm done with this. You think what ever about me bro. It ain't going to hurt my feelings. I'm out and back to talking about football. People want to get offended to what I had to say. But again what ever. My opinion and my belief. I never asked you to believe and yes this there will always be people who know more then I or you will know about this or that subject. But what ever. LOL Panthers rules :)

While some other people may think ill of you for your beliefs don't count me among that number. I may not agree with you in the slightest but I have no way of knowing how you conduct yourself as a man outside this message board and so it isn't for me to make assumptions about who you really are. I know plenty of people who seem to share your exact view of the world and they are fine human beings in their own ways. It doesn't make them right but it doesn't make me right either.

Ultimately know one knows the entire truth of what exists beyond our understanding. We all come to our own conclusions in our own time and our own way. You choose to follow a collection of transcribed and translated manuscripts that are thousands of years old and I prefer more modern sentiments. Who is to say who is right or wrong? Personally I think I am. Even if I'm not however my way of thinking has almost no potential to damage other people whereas your belief system has been used to justify the persecution, suffering and derision of millions quite possibly billions of people throughout time. In the end that's what this should all come down to, what is most harmful since we can't possibly know who is right and I unequivocally win that argument because no one has ever or will ever be hurt because of what I choose to believe. And while I am targeting this at you and Christian ideology in general it could be applied almost universally to any established religion that claims they hold the divine truth.

But to your final point go Panthers indeed!

#303 Pantherman

Pantherman

• HUDDLER
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:08 AM

While some other people may think ill of you for your beliefs don't count me among that number. I may not agree with you in the slightest but I have no way of knowing how you conduct yourself as a man outside this message board and so it isn't for me to make assumptions about who you really are. I know plenty of people who seem to share your exact view of the world and they are fine human beings in their own ways. It doesn't make them right but it doesn't make me right either.

Ultimately know one knows the entire truth of what exists beyond our understanding. We all come to our own conclusions in our own time and our own way. You choose to follow a collection of transcribed and translated manuscripts that are thousands of years old and I prefer more modern sentiments. Who is to say who is right or wrong? Personally I think I am. Even if I'm not however my way of thinking has almost no potential to damage other people whereas your belief system has been used to justify the persecution, suffering and derision of millions quite possibly billions of people throughout time. In the end that's what this should all come down to, what is most harmful since we can't possibly know who is right and I unequivocally win that argument because no one has ever or will ever be hurt because of what I choose to believe. And while I am targeting this at you and Christian ideology in general it could be applied almost universally to any established religion that claims they hold the divine truth.

But to your final point go Panthers indeed!

I want argue there. Like I said a few different times. You believe what you believe in and I will do the same. That is all I will say.

#304 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,728 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:30 AM

I'm going to sacrifice all of my money (significantly less than most on the huddle at the moment, I am sure) so that everybody in my family has more...of course, in 3 days, I'm gonna have $5 billion. So it's whatevs, really.

#305 Awesomeness!!

Awesomeness!!

BangBang

• HUDDLER
  • 5,399 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:35 AM

So in other words, we should cut Jimmy NOW, just in case it is him and we're unable to cut him for the next 5 years due to the media pressure.

#306 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,304 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:57 AM

And to think that CWG got his shorts all bunched because I wanted to discuss the possible endorsements fallout from the corporate world.

#307 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,614 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:05 AM

Too much politic's and hate speech in a football forum thread.
To prevent mass bannings for insults, general dickishness, and topic highjacking this is now locked.
Complain about it and get a bant.

#308 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,614 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:28 AM

Oh this is in the Tinderbox now?

fug it still locked as you are all bitches

#309 Panthro

Panthro