308 replies to this topic

#61 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,537 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:00 PM

It kinda urks me that gay people, especially obvious ones, stay in the closet. More gay people need to come out of the closet so that it creates a chain reaction that results in the gay community not being afraid anymore and being widely accepted for future generations.

#62 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

Jordan Matthews Bandwagon.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,024 posts
  • LocationS.L.R.C.

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:02 PM

It would be funny if it was Tom Brady.

#63 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 6,718 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:03 PM

It kinda urks me that gay people, especially obvious ones, stay in the closet. More gay people need to come out of the closet so that it creates a chain reaction that results in the gay community not being afraid anymore and being widely accepted for future generations.

Empathy is a valuable virtue.

#64 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 6,939 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:15 PM

This guy isn't coming out. Won't happen.

#65 panthers04100

panthers04100

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:58 PM

How funny would it be though if it was The Golden Calf of Bristol

#66 SmashNDash

SmashNDash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:02 PM

I have a feeling it's going to be someone you never heard of.

#67 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 9,765 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:39 PM

Gotta be a DB. Grimes or Finnegan.

E: it just hit me. the vikings' punter (kluwe?) very outspoken, political minded person

#68 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationUNC Chapel Hill & Wilmington

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:52 PM

Some notable possible gays (or they're just fly as sh*t and don't wanna follow the NFL "tough guy" stereotype, your choice)

Josh Freeman: http://www.nfl.com/v...or-Bucs-offense

----------------------------------------

Nnamdi

Jevon Kearse

Visanthe Shiancoe

#69 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,473 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:54 PM

E: it just hit me. the vikings' punter (kluwe?) very outspoken, political minded person

He's been extremely pro-gay marriage and homosexual rights for a long time, but he is married with two daughters.

#70 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,473 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:56 PM

I would put money on Jevon Kearse being gay. Like many said though, shouldn't change anything. He seems like a nice guy, and he is (maybe not anymore) a great football player.

#71 vanilla B

vanilla B

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:54 AM

Would an openly gay player on an NFL team be treated similar to a woman when it comes to locker room/showering and be required to shower separately? I'm not sure what the laws are regarding this but I'm sure it only covers genders showering separately, not taking homosexuals into account. While the argument can be made that it does not make a difference since same anatomy, etc, an argument could also be made that males and females in schools, gyms, etc are required to have different locker rooms/showers to prevent sexual harassment or deviancy. I'm just curious as to the issues that would stem from this and how they would be handled while not offending or violating anyone's rights, as it is reasonable for people to be uncomfortable showering with someone who openly states he his attracted to their gender, just the same as most females don't want guys they aren't involved with seeing them in the buff. Sorry if its a dumb question Its been a long two days of studying and writing papers all day/night and I'm mentally exhausted.

#72 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,531 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:56 AM

If I was gay I would be offended that some of you think you know who is gay and who isn't. And others are hoping players they hate are gay. That right there is the problem. I just hope whomever it is continues to enjoy their NFL career. Gay footballers in Europe have come out and some of them end up committing suicide when their career abruptly ends. This is a big deal. Our state voted down Gay marriage in a landslide. How would people feel if a Panther came out? Charlotte might embrace them but all those rural areas would harass this guy.

#73 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,473 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:25 AM

If I was gay I would be offended that some of you think you know who is gay and who isn't. And others are hoping players they hate are gay. That right there is the problem. I just hope whomever it is continues to enjoy their NFL career. Gay footballers in Europe have come out and some of them end up committing suicide when their career abruptly ends. This is a big deal. Our state voted down Gay marriage in a landslide. How would people feel if a Panther came out? Charlotte might embrace them but all those rural areas would harass this guy.

People making endless jokes about it is ultimately eminent. People will always make jokes about things like that, but then there will likely also be those who are being straight hateful. The joking and the memes would never end though.

#74 SmashNDash

SmashNDash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:39 AM

Manti Teo

#75 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,012 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:45 AM

I don't care if someone is gay. I just don't agree with that lifestyle because I'm a straight male, who likes females only. Religion don't influence my thoughts on this matter and I don't need it to. But I can still respect your descision as grown man to be whatever you like, however this is "America".

I also think the need for gay rights is over blown. I mean there are hate crimes against the gay community, but I hate how they try to say they are opressed in todays time like Jews or Africa-Americans were back in times. They act like they can't vote or you can just hang them without going to jail! It's not even close to me. To me a gay person can hide that they are gay, but you can never hide the fact that you are of a certain race or color.

I also think it's an unknown bench player in the NFL or it might be a coach.(staff)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.