Photo
- - - - -

Recapping all of the 2013 Offseason moves so far.(updated 3-27)

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 panther4life

panther4life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:08 PM

so if these cheap signings wont affect the cap does that mean we could still sign a player for something like 2 year 6 mil. or something like that?

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/carolina-panthers/cap-hit/
Short answer, no.

That website has a line thru the non top 51 cap hits. Looks like $555,000.

We have several players only making 555k and some those will drop into the less than top 51 salaries once they formally put the salaries of Dwan, Mitchell and Ginn Jr. up.

Without them updating those last 3 cap hits you'll see that the 52nd highest cap hit is $529,750 (this and the ones less than it don't count..I know captain obvious just trying to be clear).

#22 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• LocationLexington, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:16 PM

If Dwan got 1.5 million, then the Panther's don't have really any cap space at all. They've used up the money from all the moves they've made. Unless they plan on a deal with Gross getting done, the Panther's aren't done cutting players yet.

#23 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:34 PM

http://www.spotrac.c...nthers/cap-hit/
Short answer, no.

That website has a line thru the non top 51 cap hits. Looks like $555,000.

We have several players only making 555k and some those will drop into the less than top 51 salaries once they formally put the salaries of Dwan, Mitchell and Ginn Jr. up.

Without them updating those last 3 cap hits you'll see that the 52nd highest cap hit is $529,750 (this and the ones less than it don't count..I know captain obvious just trying to be clear).

i'm not sure, but i think that dead money counts against that as well, so guys like gamble, mare, wharton, and edwards all count towards that 51.

#24 Firefox

Firefox

This Board Rocks

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:44 PM

i'm not sure, but i think that dead money counts against that as well, so guys like gamble, mare, wharton, and edwards all count towards that 51.

Yes it does. As well as any signing bonus proration for any others besides the 51.

#25 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• LocationLexington, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:45 PM

Yea it does, dead money counts towards that as well.

I was just figuring this up, I know he probably won't get it.

However if Thomas Davis hits his escalators again plus gets his two option bonuses of 2.5 and 5 million in 2014 and 2015, his salary cap hit in 2015 will be like 17 million. With around 9 of that in Bonus money. LMAO.

#26 PhillyB

PhillyB

sườn núi phía đông thứ ba của mặt trời

• Locationthird spur east of the sun
HUDDLER

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:56 PM

hurney would've given every penny of that cap room to munnerlyn. gettleman pays bitches what they're worth and not a penny more.

this roster is only going to continue to improve.

#27 weymouthst

weymouthst

#1 zero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationMaine
HUDDLER

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:57 PM

Yeah, all of this for cutting Gamble was definitely a smart move. Getting more and more excited about this Ted Ginn signing. I want to see a lot of this next year.

and this

#28 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:59 PM

hurney would've given every penny of that cap room to munnerlyn. gettleman pays bitches what they're worth and not a penny more.

gettleman knows you don't pay above market value.

hurney obviously didn't agree with that mindset. too concerned with protecting our "core" and not letting go of good players, even if they can be easily, cheaply and/or adequately replaced. every contract he wrote after the lockout was way above market value.

#29 PhillyB

PhillyB

sườn núi phía đông thứ ba của mặt trời

• Locationthird spur east of the sun
HUDDLER

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:00 PM

However if Thomas Davis hits his escalators again plus gets his two option bonuses of 2.5 and 5 million in 2014 and 2015, his salary cap hit in 2015 will be like 17 million. With around 9 of that in Bonus money. LMAO.

Posted Image

#30 panther4life

panther4life

HUDDLER

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:06 PM

I have to respectfully disagree. Maybe your just trying to be funny but you have made insinuations like this in the past so I am thinking you truly feel this way. Hurney gave out stupid money to our own guys after the lockout and he was among several other GM's doing the same thing. Yes you can cite the Delhomme deal but outside of that never had a history of overpaying his own guys until JR started acting weird.

This is something I posted in another thread that relates to this. Heres the link to the thread in case you or anyone else wants to revisit it. http://www.carolinah...teams-thinking/
More disdain for JR's 09-11 takeover.
The most glaring thing aside from the obvious(way too much guarantees) is why did we allow all these guy's to become free agents in the same year? Oh thats right somebody was prepping for a lockout. That same somebody had a chip on his shoulder and wanted to make a point to show the world he was not cheap. 09-11 where very uncharacteristic of Hurney.

Hurney has let people walk in the past such as Witherspoon, Mushin Muhammed, Doug Evans,Ricky Manning Jr.,Richard Marshall, Chris Draft and I am sure there's others but you get the point.(for those that don't I am saying JR played a heavy heavy hand in 2011, really from 2009-2011)

To say he has never brought in outside free agents before is b.s too. Delhomme, Stephen Davis, Ken Lucas, Mike Whale,Brandon Short, Ricky Prohel,Al Wallace, Mark Fields, Marlon Mcree, Keyshawn, brought Moose back, etc.

Then you'll notice in 09 we basically went on a spending freeze for 2 years.We kept a lame duck head coach in 2010, should have been lame duck GM( or was he spared for his loyalty?)

Before anyone try's to claim this is a Hurney apoligist thread or whatever there's plenty of other poo to blame solely on him such as; Jeff Otah,Jimmy Clausen,Everette Brown, Armanti Edwards, every 2nd round pick he's ever made(with possible exception of Amini). Ron Rivera(so far). Then of course the F.A. bust like D.J Hackett, Travis Claridge, Doug Brzinski,etc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users