Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who is going Pro? 2013 edition

287 posts in this topic

Posted

I have never known anyone on here to demand evidence of another's college attendance. Lets just say I'm not surprised it involves a UNC fan though

Considering how man times the subject is brought up (always in relation to UNC fans not being "legit"), I'm sure someone has claimed to attend duke, but I really couldnt care less

Yeah it doesn't bug me. It's a cop out. Duke fans would rather take personal shots than talks hoops. Par for the course.

Also - another heartbreaking exit from Duke in March and once again it comes down to their "fans" celebrating Carolina's NBA players leaving early and thumping their chests about beating us a few months ago.

Grow up guys.

Posted

The rumblings from the college hoop/ACC guys on twitter is that McAdoo will be back in Chapel Hill.

Posted

Confirmed:

McAdoo to the NBA

Will not be happening as he is returning for his junior season.

Posted

I was talking to Jamos on twitter, and I think it we'll be interesting to see how Duke responds to McAdoo's return...

Do they play Jefferson at the five and play with a smaller line-up, or do they take their chance on Plumlee at the five...

Posted

Duke is fine throwing either Amile or even Jabari at McAdoo. He's got like 1 inch and 10 lbs on Jabari and we all know he's soft as hell inside.

Posted

Duke is fine throwing either Amile or even Jabari at McAdoo. He's got like 1 inch and 10 lbs on Jabari and we all know he's soft as hell inside.

I expect that to change, I think a third year will do McAdoo wonders. Also I don't think they can afford to throw Parker at McAdoo because that would leave a huge mismatch with Hicks on Jefferson. In my opinion, Hicks might be the most athletic player on the UNC team next to Tokoto.

I see it playing out like this...

PG - Paige, Cook

SG - Hairston, Saulimon

SF - ?, Hood

PF - Hicks, Parker

C - McAdoo, Jefferson

Posted

Yeah it doesn't bug me. It's a cop out. Duke fans would rather take personal shots than talks hoops. Par for the course.

Also - another heartbreaking exit from Duke in March and once again it comes down to their "fans" celebrating Carolina's NBA players leaving early and thumping their chests about beating us a few months ago.

Grow up guys.

That is funny coming from you!

Also unc has had some heartbreaking exits in March too and I can remember unc fans celebrating KI and Rivers leaving early. Like I said earlier I could care less who left early since Duke is stacked next year and if unc misses on Wiggins it could be another year like last on the hill.

Posted

That is funny coming from you!

Also unc has had some heartbreaking exits in March too and I can remember unc fans celebrating KI and Rivers leaving early. Like I said earlier I could care less who left early since Duke is stacked next year and if unc misses on Wiggins it could be another year like last on the hill.

We never lost to a 15 seed.

Posted

I expect that to change, I think a third year will do McAdoo wonders. Also I don't think they can afford to throw Parker at McAdoo because that would leave a huge mismatch with Hicks on Jefferson. In my opinion, Hicks might be the most athletic player on the UNC team next to Tokoto.

I see it playing out like this...

PG - Paige, Cook

SG - Hairston, Saulimon

SF - ?, Hood

PF - Hicks, Parker

C - McAdoo, Jefferson

I don't think McAdoo wants to play center, I also don't see Jefferson playing much center unless he puts on some weight. It will be interesting since Duke is loaded at the wing and the SG spot to see what lineups work the best, it will be a traditional Duke team where the offense runs through the guards and SF as opposed to last year when they ran the offense through Mase. Marshall is going to have to step up and play good D and rebound though kind of like that Zoubek role.

Posted

We never lost to a 15 seed.

You did have to play in the NIT, which means you weren't even good enough to be a 15 or 16 seed.

Posted

I don't think McAdoo wants to play center, I also don't see Jefferson playing much center unless he puts on some weight. It will be interesting since Duke is loaded at the wing and the SG spot to see what lineups work the best, it will be a traditional Duke team where the offense runs through the guards and SF as opposed to last year when they ran the offense through Mase. Marshall is going to have to step up and play good D and rebound though kind of like that Zoubek role.

My bad, I was going off the traditional positions, should have slotted three forward positions.

Posted

You did have to play in the NIT, which means you weren't even good enough to be a 15 or 16 seed.

To be fair 15 and 16 seeds are reserved for auto bids from conferences like the Big South, not one year dud teams from the ACC, Big's, and SEC.